'Help us': After deaths on coronavirus-hit ship, guests clamor to leave

rooster59

9 hours ago, Letseng said:

Go on a cruise on 7 March was careless. Why should their government = taxpayer help?

Human kindness, even people who make poor decisons, deserve to be treated well, and offered assistance

A society can be judged on how we treat our most vulnerable.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Berkshire said:

I can't believe people are still going on cruise ships.  After multiple reports of COVID on ships, passengers being stranded at sea for weeks, then having to go on quarantine...etc.  What the heck is wrong with these people?

I've been inundated with e-mails from Carnival cruises for the last 2 or 3 months, with unprecedented special offers and some of these people have probably taken the risk of booking. Carnival cruises should be held to account for their irresponsibility. It's not only Thailand that puts money before everything else!

16 minutes ago, delgarcon said:

I've been inundated with e-mails from Carnival cruises for the last 2 or 3 months, with unprecedented special offers and some of these people have probably taken the risk of booking. Carnival cruises should be held to account for their irresponsibility. It's not only Thailand that puts money before everything else!

Yeah, Carnival just forced these folks to take a cruise. Shanghaied them like  they would grab some meek clerk drinking Mickey Finns in Seamus O'Learys blind pig, "The Bucket o Blood", on Water Street.

Edited by Nyezhov

what is it with these idiots who keep booking cruises ?theyre worried about losing their deposits at risk of their demise on board a floating petri dish..the britsh press and TV are still running ads for cruises on a daily basis even now

On 3/27/2020 at 10:48 PM, RJRS1301 said:

I am curious why denied entry to the canal, surely the captain has clearance to navigate the canal without a pilot from shore?

Surely restriction regarding discharge of waste etc in canal which no ship would do I presume, would mitigate contamination

Where is the risk, can someone explain this to my simple mind please?

In general tug trains hook onto and move ships through parts of the canal lock sections.  Precise positioning is important.  Can't have thousand ton ships striking things.  From what I read, The Panama Canal pilots take navigational control of the approximately 40 vessels that transit the Canal every day.

On 3/28/2020 at 4:18 PM, car720 said:

When you find the answer to this question please let me know.  I would even pay money for it.

Look at Australia at the moment, with a good chance to do something and yet the morons continue to ignore all warnings.

What’s Australia doing wrong during this crisis, please enlighten me? 

6 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

The curve is slightly down from past week, although numbers still being diagnosed, but high rate of testing expanding, so likely more diagnosed.

New movement restrictions in place there from midnight tonight.

I think to poster possibly meant some members of the public, not the various governments

So appears that there is something right actually occurring

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

You are kidding right?

Look at Bondi and St. Kilda.

Look at how they are making videos on you tube and laughing at the coronavirus deaths.

Look at the parties being advertized in the backpacking lodges.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, car720 said:

You are kidding right?

Look at Bondi and St. Kilda.

Look at how they are making videos on you tube and laughing at the coronavirus deaths.

Look at the parties being advertized in the backpacking lodges.

They are individuals, as stated several times by various government officals both state and federal, the majority are following recommendations.

Fear and bravdo cause people to do strange things. I am sure we have all done stupid things, despite being warned against them, like drink driving.

Decrease in new diagnisis indicates that with increased testing, most appear to observing the recommendations, very little community transmission it seems

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 9:50 PM, Phuketshrew said:

All of the cruise ships should have been grounded at least a month ago.

Greed of companies, emphasis on indivisuality and personal freedom of people, and arrogancy of their leaders have cause this misfortune in the Western countries when Asian countries, some of them very poor with inadequate health system (like India), were able to contain it or keep the death rate low. 

The story of Tom (truck driver), Dick (brick layer), and Harry (plumber) who suffer from Dunning Kruger syndrome is best illustrtaed in "The Adventures of Tom, Dick, and Harry in the time of Corona". I am documenting individual observations of how some arrogant farangs will not wear masks (visibly angry and want to enter a bank without a mask), will not follow social distancing (drinking on the first open bar they found), etc. 

18 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

They are individuals, as stated several times by various government officals both state and federal, the majority are following recommendations.

Fear and bravdo cause people to do strange things. I am sure we have all done stupid things, despite being warned against them, like drink driving.

Decrease in new diagnisis indicates that with increased testing, most appear to observing the recommendations, very little community transmission it seems

We can be forgiving I suppose if their actions were only hurting themselves but I compare these people to those that were running around purposely giving Aids (HIV) to others.  

1 hour ago, car720 said:

We can be forgiving I suppose if their actions were only hurting themselves but I compare these people to those that were running around purposely giving Aids (HIV) to others.  

They were HIV positive and the present ones not confirmed covid 19 positive. Also at that time HIV was a death sentence, Covid 19 is far from that.

So your comparison is incorrect.

15 hours ago, Mulambana said:

Greed of companies, emphasis on indivisuality and personal freedom of people, and arrogancy of their leaders have cause this misfortune in the Western countries when Asian countries, some of them very poor with inadequate health system (like India), were able to contain it or keep the death rate low. 

The story of Tom (truck driver), Dick (brick layer), and Harry (plumber) who suffer from Dunning Kruger syndrome is best illustrtaed in "The Adventures of Tom, Dick, and Harry in the time of Corona". I am documenting individual observations of how some arrogant farangs will not wear masks (visibly angry and want to enter a bank without a mask), will not follow social distancing (drinking on the first open bar they found), etc. 

I would wait with using India as an example if I were you.

2 hours ago, car720 said:

There was very few of them in Aiustralia at least, infact only three people in Australia were convicted of that, each state had good contract tracing and people who were connected were investigated, (casual sexual contacts in sex on premisis place perhaps), by state health, to ascertain actions. No idea what occurred in other countries.

Poor analogy

Edited by RJRS1301

20 hours ago, stevenl said:

They were HIV positive and the present ones not confirmed covid 19 positive. Also at that time HIV was a death sentence, Covid 19 is far from that.

So your comparison is incorrect.

My  purpose was to define their attitude towards others.

18 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

There was very few of them in Aiustralia at least, infact only three people in Australia were convicted of that, each state had good contract tracing and people who were connected were investigated, (casual sexual contacts in sex on premisis place perhaps), by state health, to ascertain actions. No idea what occurred in other countries.

Poor analogy

Probably but I was implying their attitude rather than their actions.