BANGKOK
rooster59

Nigerian on nine year overstay is "ice" smuggler to Japan

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Guys in the hazmat suits, can the hospitals have them back, please? We're in the middle of a pandemic and they're very important for protecting healthcare workers. Now's not the time for this "look at me"  nonsense. 

I guess there's more than two in the country.......

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

How did the guy leave Thailand go to Japan and come back to Thailand and overstay TIT

Read the article 

How did they catch him ? As from looking at the photo he is invisible !! 😄

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, marin said:

So he managed to go in and out of Thailand smuggling ice to Japan with a 9 year old visa. More telling of how poor Thai Immigration officers are than anything else..

From the story, looks like he paid mules to do the transport.  Probably always stayed in rooms in some stupid girl's name.

Don't forget, up until a year or two ago, it was easy to fly under the radar for long overstays.  There was a maximum fine of B20,000 and no blacklist.  You could overstay 10 years, pay the fine and re-enter the next day.

But they were not pointing at anything. Epic fail of a Thai Police photo shoot. You need to point at the guy or the drugs.

1 hour ago, rasmus5150 said:

I think drugs kills millions more than any virus on a yearly basis.

Probably not this year

Still doesn't excuse the ridiculous OTT photo.

• Like 1

Edited 1 hour ago by rasmus5150

Just did a bit of a check and alcohol and related issues kill more than illicit substances, but on average year you are probaly correct between virus and substances.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Let's just say and in a very mild and sheepish way that most, if not all, Nigerians and other african nations that are staying in this country don't have a good reputations of being a law abiding visitors/stayers... 

It is nauseating and shameful for you to stereotype all Nigerians and Africans living in Thailand. Many Aussies, Americans and Europeans have been caught for more than 15 years of overstay in Thailand but it didn't elicit such profiling and condemnation from you and your ilks. What do you have against Africans? What about those who are working tirelessly as teachers, lecturers, businessmen etc. contributing to the growth of Thai economy in their little space? Don't they have good reputations of being law abiding visitors and stayers too? Have you ever wondered how they were able to stay that long without being caught for such a long period of time? I think honest answers to these question will go a long way in addressing the problems by the authorities concerned. We are in 21st century and rise above your petty hatred and racism.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, thequietman said:

Really! You can't think of any reason why the cops were never able to 'find' him? Really!  🙂

Bet you cant see him in the selfie they posted? He wears an invisible suit. LOL, 9 years easy.

• Haha 1

Gammara? How did they capture him? He's one bad customer.

Screenshot_20200328-191856~2.png

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Nigerian on nine year overstay is "ice" smuggler to Japan

I knew the Nigerian's brother.  He is a prince and I get emails from him about an inheritance in Nigeria and I only need to send some banking information to him to collect a large sum of money. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, phetphet said:

What's with the back row? Two in Hazmat, and the rest ready to shoot someone.

Seems they are playing dress up for added effect but at least they remembered to wear masks this time. 👍