Koh Samui: Stranded tourists pack out immigration seeking visa extensions - second virus case reported

rooster59

11 hours ago, brain150 said:

Just in case that anybody want to know what SCIENCE says about the Corona virus:

The New England Journal of Medicine [the most renowned Journal for medicine in the World !!!]

Link to the Article: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387

... This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.

The PANIC is real ... the PANDEMIC is not !!!

And how is that relevant to this thread?

I realise you cut and paste this comment into any thread when you have the opportunity.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, emptypockets said:

It always someone else isn't it. You couldn't have the virus already could you?

Considering I have not seen or been with 10 meters of another human for about 3-4 weeks, probably not.  But that's the point, I am to stay in this state, without human contact with the outside world until this pandemic is passed.

20 hours ago, phetphet said:

Still lots of Bangkok Airways flights arriving and departing Samui all day. But I suppose it's better for the  tourists to stay here than stuck in some hotel in Bangkok waiting for a flight out.

22 arrivals due at Samui today.

One each from Krabi, Chiang Mai and Utapao.

Two from Phuket and the rest from Bangkok.

There used to be approx 40 per day on average.

13 hours ago, evadgib said:

Here's what UK are doing in the other direction:

Visas extended for those currently unable to return home due to COVID-19

and no mention of additional fees .  The UK ambassador should be asking for reciprocal arrangements for UK nationals stranded in Thailand  through no fault of their own and those who are unable to comply with visa requirements caused by border closures , flight cancellations etc .  In this time of global crisis there is no need to exacerbate the chaos or seize the opportunity to make financial gains . Another example is Qatar Air Baht 73000 one way eco to the UK .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

BTW, if your passport info is already in the immigration database, and you want to do your O-A 90 day report (NOT a 90 day extension!) the online system they started this month works (I did mine yesterday, got an email this morning that I've been approved! First time in 12 years I don't need to go to immigration for this useless rigmarole they put us retiree's thru...and makes even less sense as there is no fee or brown envelope! )

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm