Thailand announces 109 new COVID-19 cases, total cases now 1,245

Jonathan Fairfield

Why are you bothering? I think obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is a bigger problem for many of you than covid-19.

Over and over, you read a report about new cases and new deaths and whoosh:

100 every day

too low

I know this

I know that

the market near me

the market near you

It has been known worldwide for many days now that testing brings numbers with it. Yes, they have been testing here but where and to what extent?

Let's all agree that the numbers here are unreliable. What is far more important is what to do about it?

We can do zilch for Thailand.

We can do everything for ourselves: I have moved from the city to our village and I have left home once in a week.

I wash my hands, I sanitise, I shower, I make sure my family is safe and clean too.

Other than that, your OCD is making you talk about things you do not know and cannot change. I know, things are probably not right here. Take care of YOU AND YOURS.

when humans become irresponsible and refuse to learn from previous mistakes nature has its own way of reminding them they are mere mortals. let us therefore learn our lessons and act in unison for the benefit of humanity.

19 hours ago, robsamui said:

There were 5,000 Thais who came back from S. Korea in December/January - of which 1,113 'disappeared':
As you say, there were 1 million Chinese here for the Chinese New Year and Tet:
The last I heard, several weeks ago, there were 6,000 suffering from "viral flu":

I rather think the gov. has NO idea at all how many tens of thousands of cases there now are.
Not to mention they - once again - have put another gag order on anyone publishing or recording figures. But it's all 100% under control.
Until it erupts like wildfire in a few week's time.

1aaac.jpg

We believe whatever we choose to believe, and we buy into whatever narrative we choose to buy into. Panic is just not the narrative I choose. Does not mean I have my head in the sand. But, I can assure you, despite what the media says, this is NOT the zombie apocalypse. 

• Like 1

Testing does seem to be a big problem here. Just another area in which the incompetent army was caught unprepared. And it appears they are doing nothing to regulate the costs of the tests. Like I have always said, the do nothing army.

When Florian Witulski returned from South Korea to Thailand, he self-quarantined and tried to get tested for Covid-19 as any responsible person would. To his shock, several private hospitals would not test him at all while the testing kit at Samitivej Hospital cost $750 US. He was not alone. Private hospitals across the country have been accused by the public of price gouging coronavirus tests. Calls by Thai Enquirer to Samitivej, Bangkok Hospital, Bangkok Nursing Home Hospital, and Bumrungrad Hospital showed that tests ran between 18,000 baht to 22,000 baht. Another doctor told Thai Enquirer that this was likely a business decision. Many of the luxury hospital groups rely on medical tourism to turn a profit.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/9572/thailands-private-hospitals-are-charging-a-fortune-to-test-for-covid-no-its-not-profiteering-its-much-worse/

• Like 1

23 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This remains an incredibly low number, considering the millions of Chinese people who were crowded about in Thailand in January. And if those people were infected, and mixing with the general population, and if we were going to see an explosion in cases, like alot of fear mongering officials are saying, it would have happened already. Sorry to disappoint. But, it will not grow to alarming numbers here. I anticipate it leveling off at 5,000 cases or less. Granted, I could be wrong. This is simply my personal estimate, partly based on some evidence that heat seems to decimate this virus, and the fact that it seems to thrive in temperatures of 35-67 degrees F. There is some science to back up this assertion. If this was going to become an alarming situation, it would have happened already. 100 new cases a day is nothing. We are seeing 10,000 plus in the US.

Again, another 100 cases overnight. We sure are not seeing the "massive spikes" in the number of cases yet, as so many on this forum are predicting. In the meantime, we had nearly 20,000 new cases in the US overnight, where temperatures remain in the "ideal incubation range of 37 to 64 degrees F.

I have been advocating some perspective on this. Panic does nobody any good. However, there may be some "interests" here, who are encouraging panic among the masses for reasons to be seen later on. 

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

We believe whatever we choose to believe, and we buy into whatever narrative we choose to buy into. Panic is just not the narrative I choose. Does not mean I have my head in the sand. But, I can assure you, despite what the media says, this is NOT the zombie apocalypse. 

Perhaps not "the zombie apocalypse" but spare a thought for the elderly and those with low immunity problems who are hoping that people care enough to do as much as they possibly can to slow the spread and limit the damage, perhaps if the virus begins to include more deaths of younger people we will see a more focused approach from people who currently appear a little indifferent regarding the risk

5 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Perhaps not "the zombie apocalypse" but spare a thought for the elderly and those with low immunity problems who are hoping that people care enough to do as much as they possibly can to slow the spread and limit the damage, perhaps if the virus begins to include more deaths of younger people we will see a more focused approach from people who currently appear a little indifferent regarding the risk

Good point. I am not indifferent on any level. Just not buying into the panic. Of course this is going to impact alot of people. All I am saying is that the South Koreans were able to level this thing off without an economic lockdown, and it favors some groups, and some "interests" far more than the masses, who will suffer alot. There is alot more to this than meets the eye. I am not buying into the conventional narrative on this one at all.

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Again, another 100 cases overnight. We sure are not seeing the "massive spikes" in the number of cases yet, as so many on this forum are predicting. In the meantime, we had nearly 20,000 new cases in the US overnight, where temperatures remain in the "ideal incubation range of 37 to 64 degrees F.

I have been advocating some perspective on this. Panic does nobody any good. However, there may be some "interests" here, who are encouraging panic among the masses for reasons to be seen later on. 

Again, online information is under heavy government scrutiny in some countries who already have 'interests'

Still hopefully your eggs will remain affordable - Thai government is looking after the interests of the people

7 hours ago, todlad said:

Why are you bothering? I think obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is a bigger problem for many of you than covid-19.

Over and over, you read a report about new cases and new deaths and whoosh:

100 every day

too low

I know this

I know that

the market near me

the market near you

It has been known worldwide for many days now that testing brings numbers with it. Yes, they have been testing here but where and to what extent?

Let's all agree that the numbers here are unreliable. What is far more important is what to do about it?

We can do zilch for Thailand.

We can do everything for ourselves: I have moved from the city to our village and I have left home once in a week.

I wash my hands, I sanitise, I shower, I make sure my family is safe and clean too.

Other than that, your OCD is making you talk about things you do not know and cannot change. I know, things are probably not right here. Take care of YOU AND YOURS.

Well, there is absolutely no question that you are infinitely safer in a small town, or a village, than a big city. That would also be my preferred spot. Smart. And you are sensible in your approach. Keep it up. Nice to hear a voice of reason and sanity. 

3 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Again, online information is under heavy government scrutiny in some countries who already have 'interests'

Still hopefully your eggs will remain affordable - Thai government is looking after the interests of the people

Thai government is looking after the interests of the people. I do not even know how to respond to such a statement. Perhaps it is better if I avoid the compulsion to respond this time. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Malaysia.

Malaysia made the enormous blunder of allowing Mosque services to continue until it was much too late. That was beyond inane. But, even so, a total of 2,320 cases to date, with only 17 deaths. Again, it points toward the climate being a very positive force in the battle against this virus, which does seem to have a weakness. Heat. 

The latest cases are reported from a religious gathering, which was attended by 16,000 people including 14,500 Malaysians. Approximately half of the total cases in the country are being reported from the group.

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/features/coronavirus-affected-countries-malaysia-covid-19-outbreak-measures-tourism-economy-impact/

Edited by spidermike007

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Malaysia made the enormous blunder of allowing Mosque services to continue until it was much too late. That was beyond inane. But, even so, a total of 2,320 cases to date, with only 17 deaths. Again, it points toward the climate being a very positive force in the battle against this virus, which does seem to have a weakness. Heat. 

The latest cases are reported from a religious gathering, which was attended by 16,000 people including 14,500 Malaysians. Approximately half of the total cases in the country are being reported from the group.

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/features/coronavirus-affected-countries-malaysia-covid-19-outbreak-measures-tourism-economy-impact/

Thailand, boxing/chinese coming in. 143 today 1 more death. Not slowing down and I would think very low testing per 100,000.

5 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

yes, but your original post saying "look above you" was posted 5 minutes before today's figures were released

Either way Cyril, the figures I posted were correct.

Furthermore, I backed up those figures with Richard Barrow's post.

Edited by anchadian

On 3/28/2020 at 11:50 AM, spidermike007 said:

This remains an incredibly low number, considering the millions of Chinese people who were crowded about in Thailand in January. And if those people were infected, and mixing with the general population, and if we were going to see an explosion in cases, like alot of fear mongering officials are saying, it would have happened already. Sorry to disappoint. But, it will not grow to alarming numbers here. I anticipate it leveling off at 5,000 cases or less. Granted, I could be wrong. This is simply my personal estimate, partly based on some evidence that heat seems to decimate this virus, and the fact that it seems to thrive in temperatures of 35-67 degrees F. There is some science to back up this assertion. If this was going to become an alarming situation, it would have happened already. 100 new cases a day is nothing. We are seeing 10,000 plus in the US.

When you talking about millions of Chinese people crowded Thailand in January, then the incubation period must be very long.

And until now, I don't hear anything about crowded hospitals, so if we like or not, it looks like there are not that many infections.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, christophe75 said:

Bingo.

The cognitive dissonance is just huge.

Conformism is the rule here

But at one point, it won't work anymore.

This circus started beginning of january. Thailand was the first country to announce a confirmed case outside China.

In january, almost 1 million of chinese tourists visited Thailand.

In january we have had 6 daily flights between Wuhan and Thailand...

3 months later... We have :

5 deads. And 1000 cases. Even 5000 (if we assume that the gvt is using the subgroup of "PUI" to hide the cases)...

And the whole economy has been shutdown. And the borders have been closed.

For this ?

Again, most of you have lost any common sense.

So 2 solutions 

-very quickly, the gvt will do a "reverse drive" thai style... Like next week "ok folk, it worked, it's over. We won the war [as usual, thai style] life is going back to normal. Thailand su su, we are the best !"

-or the gvt will use... curfew to crash the dissent... because the dissent and the anger will grow.

But something must happen.

People are like children. But even children can understand that something is seriously fxxxx up here.

The government's actions do not make any sense.

This can’t go on for months in a shutdown, people have panicked themselves in false reality, this gangster regime will have to loosen up, and tear away the lockdowns, if they keep repeating the fake numbers, 7 people dead today, you can’t ask 20-30 million people to lose money, jobs, homes, livelihoods all because 7 people have died in nearly 3 months, they must be looking at it as a way of survival, with the cash handouts and savior mode, even countries going through their peaks, are looking at weeks to open up

16 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

When you talking about millions of Chinese people crowded Thailand in January, then the incubation period must be very long.

And until now, I don't hear anything about crowded hospitals, so if we like or not, it looks like there are not that many infections.

I like it. Alot! Corona sucks!

• Haha 1