Pattaya beachgoers urged to wear a mask and practice social distancing

rooster59

Pattaya beachgoers urged to wear a mask and practice social distancing

S__11190282_0.jpg

Image: Manager

The authorities in Pattaya have urged the public to wear a mask if they go to the beach during the day, and practice social distancing at all times.

All people are banned from the beach entirely from 8 pm to 6 am and anyone who flouts this rule may be fined or even jailed, officials warned. 

While people are advised to stay indoors at all times, there are no restrictions in place to stop people going to the beach during the day. 

Anyone who does decide to go to the beach is asked to wear a face mask and not be closer than 1-2 meters, the social distancing regulations.

Not surprisingly the beach was pictured completely deserted last night.

Earlier it was reported that convenience stores would only be open from 5 am to 10 pm in Pattaya.

S__11190290.jpg

Thai news site Manager posted a picture of a sign from Family Mart explaining this new regulation.

Elsewhere, anyone visiting a Makro store in Thailand will be refused entry unless they are wearing a mask. 

Source: Manager

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-28
  • Haha 1

Thanks for this information.

I have been reading information that's not correct like

1. 40,000 baht fine for not wearing a mask when walking along Jomtien Beach

2. Must wear a mask while riding a bike

And so.

Please keep us up to date with rules and regulations that must be followed.

A Russian family staying with us have been told not go swimming at Hat Mae Rhumpung beach, Ban Phe, Rayong by the national park wardens. I don't understand this as the beach is almost deserted so social distancing not really required, the beach is 12km long so I'm fairly sure looking at the amount of people on the beach yesterday that families could have 100's of metres of beach to themselves. 

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

A Russian family staying with us have been told not go swimming at Hat Mae Rhumpung beach, Ban Phe, Rayong by the national park wardens. I don't understand this as the beach is almost deserted so social distancing not really required, the beach is 12km long so I'm fairly sure looking at the amount of people on the beach yesterday that families could have 100's of metres of beach to themselves. 

And if everybody else felt as self entitled?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

And if everybody else felt as self entitled?

we aren't in lockdown and you can go on the beach but not swim so what's the point? and talking of self entitlement I stopped to talk a friend at their restaurant, which can only serve takeaway now, and watching the cars go past I saw way more Bangkok number plates than Rayong so where is the travel ban?. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, essox essox said:

i read somewhere from the Choburi Governer that ALL 7 elevens had to close 10pm to 5 am....in this report times are different.

So what can one BELIEVE ???

Left hand does NOT KNOW what RIGHT HAND IS DOING !!!

I watched the police put up notices at our closest 7/11 about 2hrs ago, 11pm till 5pm .....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, essox essox said:

are these times correct ???

yes because I checked the 7/11 further down the beach as well, sorry I can see my mistake 11pm till 5am 

Edited by sandrabbit

23 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Thais getting touchy about wearing masks. Looks like a border?

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=kDUkp_1585384654

Wow, it turns into China now. Wasn't it easier to give a bloody mask and avoid all this nonsense confrontation? By the way Thai government hasn't officicially said that everyone must wear a mask at the moment. Different provinces and regions make up their own rules right now, which is unfair to tourists who are caught being unprepared for what to come.

Edited by Thunder26
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thunder26 said:

Wow, it turns into China now. Wasn't it easier to give a bloody mask and avoid all this nonsense confrontation? By the way Thai government hasn't officicially said that everyone must wear a mask at the moment. Different provinces and regions make up their own rules right now, which is unfair to tourists who are caught being unprepared for what to come.

here in Rayong more people without masks than wearing them

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

here in Rayong more people without masks than wearing them

I see. In Pathum Thani where I stay the vast majority is wearing them. You cannot shop at the markets and Macro without a mask now. They are becoming quite strict at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Thunder26 said:

I see. In Pathum Thani where I stay the vast majority is wearing them. You cannot shop at the markets and Macro without a mask now. They are becoming quite strict at the moment.

I was in Makro Thursday and there was a sign on the door saying masks must be worn but about 50% of people weren't wearing,

4 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

I was in Makro Thursday and there was a sign on the door saying masks must be worn but about 50% of people weren't wearing,

May be it's matter of time when they start complying to the rules in Rayong. It's a gradual thing, Someone first, then the rest are the next ???? 

Edited by Thunder26

40 minutes ago, Thunder26 said:

It's not about a mask or Covid 19. Those guys were manhandling him without gloves, talking to him without a mask.

It's a about a power trip of a little man who can stop another man from going where he wants to go. They enjoy it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

May be it's matter of time when they start complying to the rules in Rayong. It's a gradual thing, Someone first, then the rest are the next ???? 

This is exactly the way the restrictions are being put in place world wide and country wide......The restrictions are being layered in a little here a little there...Kind of like the old frog boiling.....And before you know it were up to our neck in restrictions and rules....

6 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

I watched the police put up notices at our closest 7/11 about 2hrs ago, 11pm till 5pm .....

Were they in English as well! After all it is a farang resort city

• Confused 1