What visa can i get , stuck here for now

Came in feb on tourist visa 30 days, I allready had one extension due to expire on 11 april.

Since no flights are going to dublin or belfast ( ive tried ) i am now stuck and dont think by the 11 april there is going to be any change on flights ( what do you think ?  ).

I am still married to thai but shes in UK and wouldnt send me marriage cert so i cannot go that route.

Im 53 yrs old.    Can i get 30 60 90 day extension ?    I spoke to visa agent MOT SERVICES and they quote me 3600 for a 30 day extension with a letter from uk embassy ( dont know if that price includes immigration fee of 1900 baht )  MOT SERVICES also said they can get me a 30 60 or 90 day extension without a letter from embassy on special circumstances whatever that is,  i am still waiting on a reply from them since yesterday .

Any one can advise me would be great. 

THANKS

Afaik you need 15 days left to convert to a non-o visa for retirement, so now it's too late for this.

Get a letter from your embassy and get a 30 day extension.

After you got this extension you can convert to a non-o visa for retirement, and then an extension based on retirement.

6 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Afaik you need 15 days left to convert to a non-o visa for retirement, so now it's too late for this.

Get a letter from your embassy and get a 30 day extension.

After you got this extension you can convert to a non-o visa for retirement, and then an extension based on retirement.

From my research, you need at least 20 days left on your current visa to get a non-o retirement visa and when you apply foran extension due to corvid, you initially get 20 days extension  and have to go back for a further ten days .

If you apply for a corvid extension, best to do it 3 days before your current visa expires, which will give you 23 days left

6 minutes ago, Brightonrock said:

My non-o retirement visa expires 22nd April at which point I was returning to Uk. I now need to stay another 30 - 60 days

What do i need to do?

Cheers

Currently there are still a few flights, if you plan to fly back home any time soon you better fly now, in 2 months this might not be possible anymore.

You can get an embassy letter with which you can extend by a month at a time, but if you decide to stay longer you should get a one year retirement extension, then you don't have to visit the immigration once or twice a month.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, nomad2019 said:

What is cost

Retirement visa

30 day visa.

Thanks

PS..i thought you need 800k in bank to get retirement visa ?

The fee for both extension of stay is 1900 baht.

You need 800k baht in the bank for 2 months (or proof of 65k baht income) to apply for the extension based upon retirement.

3 hours ago, nomad2019 said:

Since no flights are going to dublin or belfast ( ive tried ) i am now stuck and dont think by the 11 april there is going to be any change on flights ( what do you think ?  ).

Skyscanner is showing flights with Aeroflot, Qatar, Thai (via Munich), Eva (via London) and more, but you might have to be quick as some of them are stopping in the next few days I think.  More complicated routes with ANA, Asiana etc are also available.  Where were you looking?

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

Currently there are still a few flights, if you plan to fly back home any time soon you better fly now, in 2 months this might not be possible anymore.

You can get an embassy letter with which you can extend by a month at a time, but if you decide to stay longer you should get a one year retirement extension, then you don't have to visit the immigration once or twice a month.

What is the forecast as far as air travel in April?  Are they going to completely close down Suvi?

1 hour ago, audaciousnomad said:

What is the forecast as far as air travel in April?  Are they going to completely close down Suvi?

Nobody can give a reliable forecast, all i can contribute is my personal opinion:

Only very few people are allowed to travel, so the airlines don't have passengers and they will cancel even more flights than they already did, maybe until there are no passenger flights left.

After this point your only way out of Thailand would be by private plane or if your country sends a plane to evacuate its citizens. Thus i recommend to leave as soon as possible if somebody doesn't want to stay in Thailand for longer.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Nobody can give a reliable forecast, all i can contribute is my personal opinion:

Only very few people are allowed to travel, so the airlines don't have passengers and they will cancel even more flights than they already did, maybe until there are no passenger flights left.

After this point your only way out of Thailand would be by private plane or if your country sends a plane to evacuate its citizens. Thus i recommend to leave as soon as possible if somebody doesn't want to stay in Thailand for longer.

Fair prediction.  Well, one can hope that some land borders may open up sooner than air travel does. But who knows? All these neighboring countries have their own ever-changing timeline as well.  Stupid covid! ????

On 3/28/2020 at 12:02 PM, jackdd said:

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Brightonrock said:

Staying longer in Bangkok and Thailand longer than previously expected. Where is the best place to pick up  Hypertension and diabetic medicines

Thanks in advance

A pharmacy or a hospital pharmacy would be my guess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brightonrock said:

I don't think every stranded tourist has 800k in a thai bank to meet the financial requirement for a conversion to a Non-immigrant O Visa based on retirement. So,I guess the visits to the local immigration office for 30 days extensions will be the only way. Unless the government skips the need to apply in person for extensions based on the coronavirus. But I don't know if that will happen. 

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

I don't think every stranded tourist has 800k in a thai bank to meet the financial requirement for a conversion to a Non-immigrant O Visa based on retirement. So,I guess the visits to the local immigration office for 30 days extensions will be the only way. Unless the government skips the need to apply in person for extensions based on the coronavirus. But I don't know if that will happen. 

I am 56 and maybe stuck here .So I cannot just get a 90 day non o here I have have the money in a Thai bank ?

On 3/28/2020 at 1:19 PM, ubonjoe said:

The fee for both extension of stay is 1900 baht.

You need 800k baht in the bank for 2 months (or proof of 65k baht income) to apply for the extension based upon retirement.

So just to clarify if I convert my 60 day tourist visa to a non o based on retirement I would need 800k in a Thai bank 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brightonrock said:

Agreed any recommendations?

All pharmacies will be able to provide the meds you need. If something they don't have (mostly the more expensive no generic alternative available) they will order in for you. 

17 minutes ago, ian carman said:

So just to clarify if I convert my 60 day tourist visa to a non o based on retirement I would need 800k in a Thai bank 

Just to add to ubon reply.

You will need to demonstrate that the money in your Thai bank came from outside Thailand. 

No doubt that was in the link but important.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Just to add to ubon reply.

You will need to demonstrate that the money in your Thai bank came from outside Thailand. 

No doubt that was in the link but important.

Thanks for the clarification.I wasn’t sure if the 800k was required when you initially apply .I now know the answer so thanks .To be honest I would expect some flights to the uk in may 

5 minutes ago, ian carman said:

Thanks for the clarification.I wasn’t sure if the 800k was required when you initially apply .I now know the answer so thanks .To be honest I would expect some flights to the uk in may 

Just added note. If in future you plan to obtain non o and then extensions based on retirement. Then if you obtain the non o at nearby Thai consulate, perhaps Laos etc, then you do not need show money came from outside thailand

On 3/28/2020 at 7:56 AM, treetops said:

Skyscanner is showing flights with Aeroflot, Qatar, Thai (via Munich), Eva (via London) and more, but you might have to be quick as some of them are stopping in the next few days I think.  More complicated routes with ANA, Asiana etc are also available.  Where were you looking?

Qatar are putting extra flights into the UK, Australia and probably else where subject to government approval. In fact they have started a new service to Brisbane as a result with Australian government approval. Current load factors are over 80%. Qatar have said they will continue to fly while governments allow them. I started a thread on EVA and Qatar in the swampy sub forum.

• Thanks 1