Thai AirAsia to stop domestic flights in April

rooster59

Thai AirAsia to stop domestic flights in April

By THE NATION

800_041df460455309c.jpg

Thai AirAsia will suspend its domestic route service from April 1 to 30, while passengers can change their flights with no limit, the airline announced.

Santisuk Klongchaiya, the chief executive officer, informed AirAsia staff through an email on Friday (March 27) that the airline will suspend its domestic route throughout April, as a Covid-19 preventive measure when the emergency decree is in force.

“Covid-19 has led to numerous countries, including Thailand, enforcing strict measures to prevent the virus from spreading, and AirAsia in many countries has suspended flights this week,” he said.

“Thai AirAsia executives, therefore, have approved the suspension of our service as well, in line with the government’s policy and to protect our staff,” he said.

Passengers can change their flights with no limit, but the new flights must start within October 31. There is no charge for this change of flight.

Alternatively passengers can save the ticket value in the AirAsia BIG account for booking flights in the future within 365 days, after his/her credit limit is approved.

These options are for passengers who book the flight online through airasia.com.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384977

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-28

3 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Guess I will have my daughter in Bangkok ride the buffalo to CM next month. 

I think ThaiSmile from Suvarnabhumi might be the last resort.

"We currently operate all domestic flights as normal".

Not sure about Bangkok Airways...

If a hard curfew is enforced she might need no transport at all.

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

“Covid-19 has led to numerous countries, including Thailand, enforcing strict measures to prevent the virus from spreading, and AirAsia in many countries has suspended flights this week,” he said.

“Thai AirAsia executives, therefore, have approved the suspension of our service as well, in line with the government’s policy and to protect our staff,” he said.

this is not why, it's lack of ticket sales

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Had my last flight cancelled just now (for April 2).

They cancelled all the flights around it ..... just left that last single flight not cancelled to annoy me.

Why do I have to apply for a refund? Don't they know they've just cancelled my flights, shouldn't it be automatic?

So that's four flights where I've asked for credit 'under consideration' for up to 30 days.

Maybe they're hoping I die before then, so they won't have to pay out.

Maybe they're thinking of declaring bankruptcy so they don't need to refund anyone.

I had the same thing with Thai Smile. Had to fill out a claim form for a flight they cancelled last minute and then tell me it might take an age due to the CV. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I think it is now a matter of wait and see how things go for closing up. She works for Thai Airways so has good info on transportation business closing doors. Maybe a train option is open if all else is not available, but would seem likely if one and then most all close, then the rest will follow suit. 

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Maybe a train option is open if all else is not available

All aircon trains will stop service from April 1.

She would have to travel in an "ordinary" train.

But if she works for Thai Airways she will know better than we if ThaiSmile gives up.

Thai Airways has moved their few domestic routes to it's subsidiary ThaiSmile.

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

All aircon trains will stop service from April 1.

She would have to travel in an "ordinary" train.

But if she works for Thai Airways she will know better than we if ThaiSmile gives up.

Thai Airways has moved their few domestic routes to it's subsidiary ThaiSmile.

Thai Airways and Thai Smile are both under the same department now. She was working Thai Airways counters at the big airport but will now will have a 3 month forced unpaid leave coming up really soon. So even a non aircon train is not that bad if no other way is available, and now that all busses are non bookable till April 30, it is looking like travel will be closed unless it is a private car, and I forbid her to drive up here by herself as is a long and dangerous drive. all we can do is wait and see.

24 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Why do I have to apply for a refund? Don't they know they've just cancelled my flights, shouldn't it be automatic?

So that's four flights where I've asked for credit 'under consideration' for up to 30 days.

Maybe they're hoping I die before then, so they won't have to pay out.

Maybe they're thinking of declaring bankruptcy so they don't need to refund anyone.

I got a refund from AirAsia one time. Here's how it went.

1. Apply for refund on the website.

2. Get an email a few days later that doesn't make sense.

3. Phone them up and ask what to do.

4. Every passenger had to write a letter to the airline authorizing them to deposit the refund into my bank account.
5. Scanned all the letters and signed copies of everyone's ID

6. Refund still took ages but eventually came. I'd say about 60 days total.

They make it complicated on purpose so that some people won't bother and they ge to keep the money. Also they purposefully make their refund department short-staffed so that people have to wait longer for processing, that way the money stays in their account and earns interest for longer.

You will, eventually, get your money back though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Guess I will have my daughter in Bangkok ride the buffalo to CM next month. 

Probably quicker and safer than the bus. Never heard of the air brakes on a buffalo failing.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I am supposed to be flying with Nok Air tomorrow but no notice of domestic cancellations. Maybe check with them.

24 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

I am supposed to be flying with Nok Air tomorrow but no notice of domestic cancellations. Maybe check with them.

They re still advertising CNX to DMK

I asked elsewhere if it was true someone arriving CM had to go into quarantine if coming from BKK and was probably going AA, now shut for business.

I could only find recommendations but not orders for quarantine.

Meanwhile a pal drove from the south 1400km to CM through ten roadblocks including a few temperature tests....no mention of quarantine or med certs etc

Anyone better informed? From DMK or SUV to CNX OK

Thanks

Edited by cheeryble

4 hours ago, Jadam said:

4. Every passenger had to write a letter to the airline authorizing them to deposit the refund into my bank account.

They make it complicated on purpose so that some people won't bother and they ge to keep the money. Also they purposefully make their refund department short-staffed so that people have to wait longer for processing, that way the money stays in their account and earns interest for longer.

Funny how the b-stards take exactly 2 seconds to deduct the cost of a flight from one's credit card but it takes them 45 days to return a refund to the same card.

8 minutes ago, elephant45 said:

right now,  no internatio0nal refunds...never again, I hope those scum go out of business.

wrong .... you can get a refund, you just have to jump through a few hoops.  Don't stress ...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jadam said:

I get the email today.

Not perfect solution. But fair IMO. 

thankyou AirAsia8158EDF5-413D-4CA1-9CCC-1AA5BEB97101.thumb.jpeg.1d501059dc32211209f4d9941978fd16.jpeg 

• Thanks 1