Is it business as usual at Chaengwattana?

I sort of expected to see a sticky at the top of the forum detailing all the temporary covid-related changes we'll encounter when we visit immigration.  Seeing no such discussion, let me ask: Aside from duct tape on every other seat and tourist extensions being done at Muang Thong Thani, Is it basically business as usual at CW?  Is it still an all-day wait to get a retirement extension or are they rubber-stamping everything to get people in and out AFAP? I'm planning to go some time during the week of April 6th.  Thanks.

Edited by dgarland
typo

Earlier this week it was reported they are opening earlier and not letting people in until there queue numbers are called to reduce the crowds. There was a report of person getting there extension done by about 9 am but he was there very early.

I don't pin topics due to people not reading them. If I pinned everything people wanted the first new post would be on page 2.

On 3/28/2020 at 1:05 AM, ubonjoe said:

Earlier this week it was reported they are opening earlier and not letting people in until there queue numbers are called to reduce the crowds. There was a report of person getting there extension done by about 9 am but he was there very early.

I don't pin topics due to people not reading them. If I pinned everything people wanted the first new post would be on page 2.

I wonder if social distancing is being practiced outside, or even inside?

15 minutes ago, elgenon said:

I wonder if social distancing is being practiced outside, or even inside?

Videos and photographs I have seen suggest that there are attempts at social distancing that are effective about 80% of the time, though this varies between offices. It is not enough, and I fully expect virus transmission (at least on a small scale) to occur at the larger immigration offices.

went yesterday for yearly retirement renewal.

Arrived 0645 got number L 18 que number 210.....people were let in at 0700hrs all very organised.

Saw IM official at 0755, did all the paperwork but i had to get the bank letter and passbook update ( no issue but bank opens 0830)  gave  to the same IM official then waited for my passport to be given back that took 45mins.

If they had accepted a letter and passbook from 24 hrs before i would have been out bye 0800

but to be honest was no big deal,  a couple of hours from departing to leaving is alot better than spending all day like we had to do before.

One thing they were turning away people for their 90 day alot of arguments, so please take note

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bangkokspurs said:

One thing they were turning away people for their 90 day alot of arguments, so please take note

Thanks for your report. I thought 90 day had moved BACK to CW - please clarify about this 'turning away people for their 90 day alot of arguments'