Video of how germs spread - be aware

DrTuner

10 hours ago, Mike West said:

thais dont shake hands 

Many do in my area but only when they see me. They also always want me to drink (from their glass) but I always refuse since I rarely drink at all. 

14 hours ago, unsubscribe said:

I'm just going to deny all handshake offers moving forward, no compelling reason for us to shake hands. Maybe offer an elbow bump if I really like the person.

Total BS. Chinese never touch each other on greeting. They kowtow or bow each other but they are the one spreading all the germs. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Excellent video! All is lost, I'm writing my will today.

The Glo Germ company also sells an aerosol spray but it's sold out. I wonder if that could be used to visualize mask effectiveness.  From their site:

https://www.glogerm.com/bioterrorism.html 

"Glo Germ particles (1-5 microns and smaller) is equivalent to the sizes of typical bacteria cells. "  Coronavirus is about 0.12 microns but usually travel as part of a larger droplet or piece of gunk.

8 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Many do in my area but only when they see me. They also always want me to drink (from their glass) but I always refuse since I rarely drink at all. 

So when they see you their hands start shaking.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ReLo said:

this is why they are dying now

Sadly I think that is part of the reason...its also still quite cold in Europe the "normal time to catch a cold"

apparently the virus can survive much longer in colder temperatures giving more time to spread.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Retarded said:

Total BS. Chinese never touch each other on greeting. They kowtow or bow each other but they are the one spreading all the germs. 

How can you talk like that...

If - as it seems - coronavirus originated from China, it's not because they don't greet with hands... it's because they eat wildlife, bats in this case.

However, once the virus is around it can spread with handshakes and in a million other ways.

What does this mean?

It means that handshaking is to be avoided to avoid contagion. The fact that Chinese people don't handshake and are those who started the virus has nothing to do with that.

This should be simple and clear enough for anyone to understand, how can you call it <deleted>, are you really as clever as your nickname says?

I hate to say it because this youtuber is unbelievably annoying but the content was not bad. Ten million viruses in one drop of sea water, that'll stick in your memory. But still a few errors, social distancing is not proven to help the stop of the Covid19 virus. Otherwise not bad, but a different presenter would really be money well spent.

Edited by Logosone

3 hours ago, Mulambana said:

Can you please post a link?

Of course, here's a study done by Chinese academics after the dust cleared in Wuhan.

They tried to determine the effect of one social distancing strategy, restricting travel.

They reported the view that cordoning off the entire city of Wuhan bought the rest of China 3 days.

They admit they can not apportion a specific reduction in transmission to one particular measure. Because there were several measures thrown at the virus, such as testing, isolating and social distancing they are not certain which caused a reduction in transmission to what extent.

They are clear that only at the start are restrictions of travel very useful, less so after the virus has spread.

They admit there is little data and more needs to be done.

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2020/03/25/science.abb4218

You will find the same story everywhere, all the evidence that the social distancing people have is studies on influenza. However, Covid19 is a different virus. Its transmission is faster, as up to 50% of infected are asymptomatic. So the spread of the virus is much faster than with influenza. 

Apart from the influenza studies all there is modelling, again based on influenza studies, assuming the transmission is akin to influenza. Which it is not. It is faster.

Of course it stands to reason that there is little hard data on containing Covid19 with social distancing since it's a new virus.

The reason the British put all their faith in social distancing is that they did not have test kits. So true containment by mass testing and insolating the infected like Germany and South Korea did was not an option, Neil Ferguson said this.

The British did this based on the fact that the Chinese did social distancing. But the Chinese themselves, as you can see based on the study, can not say for sure how effective social distancing was.

I think the virus has spread too quickly for social distancing to really be effective, which would have been only at the start of the pandemic anyway. It's too late.

Edited by Logosone

On 3/28/2020 at 4:10 AM, unsubscribe said:

I'm just going to deny all handshake offers moving forward, no compelling reason for us to shake hands. Maybe offer an elbow bump if I really like the person.

I have not liked shaking hands for a long time.  Grew up of course with guidance on giving a firm handshake, not a limp wrist.  But  Then everybody started hugging.  I like the Thai Wai.  I understand some of the tradition of higher and lower wai, similar to chinese and japanese level of bowing that conveys social order or heirarchy.  I do not care for any of that, but the simple Wai as an acknowledgement seems like a good and practical idea to me