Website for cash handouts 'can process 3.48m transactions a minute'

Jonathan Fairfield

50 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

It doesn't let you to apply, gives an error message before getting to the form

Yes.

friend try it 15 minute ago. 

It show this.....

9E232B6D-C6E4-4D68-B258-E73DA778C811.thumb.jpeg.d1f7ef3675839ec9c2d0bc2aaf9642cc.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Perhaps since a bank is doing it there may be some hope, but I find the numbers and speed a little hard to believe, where have they trialed this and for how long?

The speed Banks work at in Thailand when you want something is something short of snails pace; so don't be too optimistic !

4 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

Essentially those applying have to agree to give up a great deal of personal information and agree to answer any other requests for further personal information required after the application. And to agree for all of this information to be shared to any other departments. Giving false information will lead to court, returning the money and fines.

Anyone still have any doubts what this whole covid-19 thing is about?

For those who can't read between the lines, it's about big brother and suppression.

I'm not saying covid - 19 was created for that purpose, but China has set the example by locking down the whole country, and governments around the world have seen their chance

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

I know quite a few Thai guys who would prefer to be paid in Leo and Hong Thong. 

I would like to my wife agrees and says "you cannot change Thais".

Edited by tso310
Added more info
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

... can process 3.48m transactions a minute....

Really. They should have learned to not make such blasé statements, as if they are some Star Trek high tech outfit. So, if they can manage that each minute it will about 10 minute to register everyone who wants in. Come on man ...maybe 34.8 per minute would be amazing here. I could go on but it simply isn't worth it ... facepalm.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

I used to work as a programmer back in the day when managers, directors and CEO's did not have a clue about anything IT-related (often even electric typewriter-related) ... after a one minute briefing they'd sign-off on any ludicrous budget ... this guy is what we used to call a 'Golden Goose'.

His IT team will be guarding his life with their own.

But ... who knows? ... i've been out of the game for a while ... maybe there's a fleet of AI-guided black BMW's ready to roll ...

I retired in 2016 retiring with nearly 40 years of tech IT behind me. They were far more interested in what could be done back in the 70s and 80s than now. Nowadays they think because they can send an e-mail they are tech savvy and there, often dumb ideas, should be the way to go.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

I used to work as a programmer back in the day when managers, directors and CEO's did not have a clue about anything IT-related (often even electric typewriter-related) ... after a one minute briefing they'd sign-off on any ludicrous budget ... this guy is what we used to call a 'Golden Goose'.

His IT team will be guarding his life with their own.

But ... who knows? ... i've been out of the game for a while ... maybe there's a fleet of AI-guided black BMW's ready to roll ...

PS

Oz leads the way in this kind of stuff ...

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/mar/23/incompetence-attack-mygov-website-did-not-crash-because-of-ddos-cyber-assault-as-stuart-robert-claimed

Absolutely true - I was in the IT industry for nearly 40 years - Govt are great - they pay top dollar and then do exactly what they are told not to do - and then they pay more top dollar to have it fixed - and again and again - and then a new system and repeat - best customers ever.

1 hour ago, AussieBob18 said:

8K - I used to dream of having 8K RAM ????

I started of with my ZX81 at 8k then added the 8k Ram. Blew my mind.

These kids with their 16gig of memory these days are spoilt. They never knew how much we suffered ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

people affected by the Covid-19 situation who will receive Bt5,000 from the government for three months.

Ambiguously worded statement there. Is that 5,000 a month for three months, or 5,000 to last for 3 months?

One is half OK in meeting essentials, while the second is noodle soup for three months, while sleeping under the stars.

I might add I am dying to hear the garbage he is going to come out with tomorrow to explain the disastrous crash of his much touted website. Hackers, criminals and foreigners would seem the obvious potential culprits, but never incompetency, eh?

1 minute ago, Chelseafan said:

I started of with my ZX81 at 8k then added the 8k Ram. Blew my mind.

These kids with their 16gig of memory these days are spoilt. They never knew how much we suffered ????

I can remember buying a 40MB hard drive - it was the largest available hard drive on the market and was the size of a brick.  It was unbelievable how quickly the PC started up and was ready - 3.1 in under 3 minutes! - and I could store so many files on it - I was the envy of the town. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, johng said:

ohhh that's just asking for trouble !!!   ????

I seriously doubt that any Thai website can run to that number of transactions per minute. It just isn't the way that anything Thai functions...

More BS from a BS-centric government.

8 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Ambiguously worded statement there. Is that 5,000 a month for three months, or 5,000 to last for 3 months?

One is half OK in meeting essentials, while the second is noodle soup for three months, while sleeping under the stars.

5000 x 3 months =15,000

website working now.

Quickly!! Go!!!!

9 minutes ago, Yinn said:

5000 x 3 months =15,000

website working now.

Quickly!! Go!!!!

Confirmation it is 3 X 5000 where please?

And the fact such an important site is finally up for 5 minutes right now, but seemingly likely to crash again soon reminds me of a wonderful English saying, someone can translate for you.

"One Swallow, a summer does not make."

You can only make so many excuses for pathetic performances, before you are revealed for being pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, offset said:

Just to say my girlfriend has just completed it so it is possible to do

Wife's granddaughter is applying for the whole family 5 members ,so 2 have been completed ,3 to go .

But ,both her parents are rice farmers and are trying  ,who  I think are not eligible.

Which makes me think what percentage  are trying for a freeby and are not eligible .  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kickstart said:

Wife's granddaughter is applying for the whole family 5 members ,so 2 have been completed ,3 to go .

But ,both her parents are rice farmers and are trying  ,who  I think are not eligible.

Which makes me think what percentage  are trying for a freeby and are not eligible .  

68 million! 

Maybe why it crash before. Can only do 3.48 million.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1