UK Visa Applications, increased processing times

• 2 weeks later...

On reading the link above it appears that all UK Visa processing offices are closed until further notice. Assume that means not only submission centres overseas but also the actual decicision offices in the UK?

My partner's appointment to submit documents for a UK Visit Visa at VFS in Bangkok was on 14th March. She received an email saying that the application had been received in the UK for consideration on 18th March. Since then nothing has been heard. No phone call interview, No SMS or email. 

So far that's 16 working day's including today. Does anyone have any idea on the current processing times and whether or not they are working in the UK Entry Clearance offices?

Yes, processing is still taking place though urgent applications will obviously be a priority.

Like all offices in the UK, UKVI offices will be subject to social distancing, and employees having to self isolate, processing times will clearly be longer.

46 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

Yes, processing is still taking place though urgent applications will obviously be a priority.

Like all offices in the UK, UKVI offices will be subject to social distancing, and employees having to self isolate, processing times will clearly be longer.

Thanks. I was hoping that not all offices would be closed. So long as the visa is granted we'll be happy. I don't go back to UK until 2nd June anyway (if THAI is flying again by then).

Just now, wobblyjohn said:

We decided to use an agent obtain FLR the wife has been in the UK for 30 months already 

LTR on her BRP expires on 5th May she took a B1 test last month (we decided to bypass the A2)

The have accepted the application fee and the NHS fee but I got a email off the agent yesterday but she can't book an appointment at the UKVCAS service point as it's closed

We are hoping the whole application will be put on hold until normal business resumes and she is allowed to continue working with an expired BRP 

Do you think the application will still be processed I'm not sure the agent was able to upload all the documents

1586419459381_Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 13.55.15.png

55 minutes ago, wobblyjohn said:

We decided to use an agent obtain FLR the wife has been in the UK for 30 months already 

LTR on her BRP expires on 5th May she took a B1 test last month (we decided to bypass the A2)

The have accepted the application fee and the NHS fee but I got a email off the agent yesterday but she can't book an appointment at the UKVCAS service point as it's closed

We are hoping the whole application will be put on hold until normal business resumes and she is allowed to continue working with an expired BRP 

Do you think the application will still be processed I'm not sure the agent was able to upload all the documents

We're in uncharted territory at the moment, maybe your agent could advise.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-and-temporary-uk-residents

Why do you think the agent was unable to upload the documents ?

The application should be processed, but will be put on hold until the applicant can do biometrics.  As soon as that is done, a decision should be notified fairly quickly.

Thank for your comments and the link

I have forwarded it to the immigration advisor

Mybe as it says in the link she might have to apply for her visa to be extended

Just received a reply off the advisor as below

The guidance for extensions is for those who either are in the UK as visitors (or any other types of short term leave) and cannot leave the country or for those who cannot apply to extend their leave. As we made a valid in-time application yesterday, there is no need for xxxxxx to extend her current leave, her leave is automatically extended at the time of the submission of the application. I can provide you with a letter to confirm this in case her employer requires the same so that they can make the relevant checks with the Home Office.

Once again thanks for your comments

Wobbly

Wobbly, that is interesting. Where the letter says "her leave is automatically extended at the time of the submission of the application" is that just talking about during this covid-19 crisis or does that apply in general at any time?

I'm still waiting for a reply to an email I sent regarding my wife's situation.

She is here on a visitor visa and meets the criteria for an automatic extension to 31st May.

I was advised on the telephone that she can apply for a settlement visa here in UK. The sticking point is that the information says she "must have all the required supporting documents". She has everything she needs bar an A1 English test and a TB test.

The English test centers are closed, she did have a booking for 5th April but it was cancelled and she is being refunded the test fee, and the helpline could not inform us of any approved TB test clinics/hospitals here in UK.

Not sure where this leaves us. 

Sorry if this question has been answered,

I submitted my fiancee's settlement visa on 17th February 2020 (this was the date she had her appointment at the trendy office building)

It's one of those visa's where we have to marry within 6 months of arrival in the United Kingdom, should the visa be granted.

We were informed that it can take up to 3 months, I.E 60 working days (working day being a 5 day working week)

With this in mind we were expecting a decision by no later than 17th May 2020

I saw on this thread that visa's that have already been applied for are still being processed but with likely delays, I'm just wondering what I should do with regards to the DRO appointment and wedding date, as these dates are all carefully lined up to fall in sequence with the awarding of this visa.

The obvious thing to do would be to push these dates back further into the summer but I'm worried how this will effect the visa decision bearing in mind that all the evidence I submitted with regards to "proof you plan to marry within 6 months of arrival" lines up to these dates.

Do you think it's likely that the visa will be refused, as any significant delays will make our booked wedding dates irrelevant? Or do you think they will be sympathetic to the fact that these dates most likely wont be met due to the delay on their part?

Should I change the dates for wedding and DRO now? Or keep them the same in case by some small miracle, we have the visa on or before 12 May 2020

I really have no clue what to do here.

Thanks

On 4/9/2020 at 2:50 PM, durhamboy said:

Wobbly, that is interesting. Where the letter says "her leave is automatically extended at the time of the submission of the application" is that just talking about during this covid-19 crisis or does that apply in general at any time?

Since you can't apply more than 30 days before it expires, I think as long as you upload all the doc's and complete the application within a few days (or maybe before the expiry date) and the home office accepts everything, any delay on their part (or a situation like now) the visa will be automaticly extended The advisor did tell us if it had to go to appeal, its the same as, until a final decision is made

22 hours ago, GreenLDN said:

Sorry if this question has been answered,

I submitted my fiancee's settlement visa on 17th February 2020 (this was the date she had her appointment at the trendy office building)

It's one of those visa's where we have to marry within 6 months of arrival in the United Kingdom, should the visa be granted.

We were informed that it can take up to 3 months, I.E 60 working days (working day being a 5 day working week)

With this in mind we were expecting a decision by no later than 17th May 2020

I saw on this thread that visa's that have already been applied for are still being processed but with likely delays, I'm just wondering what I should do with regards to the DRO appointment and wedding date, as these dates are all carefully lined up to fall in sequence with the awarding of this visa.

The obvious thing to do would be to push these dates back further into the summer but I'm worried how this will effect the visa decision bearing in mind that all the evidence I submitted with regards to "proof you plan to marry within 6 months of arrival" lines up to these dates.

Do you think it's likely that the visa will be refused, as any significant delays will make our booked wedding dates irrelevant? Or do you think they will be sympathetic to the fact that these dates most likely wont be met due to the delay on their part?

Should I change the dates for wedding and DRO now? Or keep them the same in case by some small miracle, we have the visa on or before 12 May 2020

I really have no clue what to do here.

Thanks

So your in love with the girl and you plan to marry her, you have a date set, just get on and do it

(or are you only getting married, if your intended gets a visa, and if she doesn't get a visa then what)

surely if you get married before the visa there must be a way to resubmit it for a spouse visa

Why not ask the advise from an immigration advisor/lawyer, citizens advice have a list of them in your area obviously they are not free but what price do you put on love

Archived