The week that was in Thailand news: Thailand never disappoints! Not to worry dear, there will be another crisis next week!

rooster59

9 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Yesterday i went to get my tablets from the Doctor ,what did i see a procession for a monk making driving up the street,okay,there were a lot less people than usual,but still,is this totally not doing what they have been told to do ,as for the Temple,they should be showing an example ,but of course money and gifts for the monks are involved,they should be ashamed of themselves.

o stuff it. go spout  yr negativity and misunderstanding somewhere else. you, a temporary guest,  are actually insulting and insinuating about a native monk and locals who want to make merit. you cant make this stuff up.

Edited by herwin1234
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

o stuff it. go spout  yr negativity and misunderstanding somewhere else. you, a temporary guest,  are actually insulting and insinuating about a native monk and locals who want to make merit. you cant make this stuff up.

Did you get out of bed the wrong side this morning?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

Typical iam more Thai than the Thai's response,i agree better you use Twitter.

I wondered about the Thai Government making it so difficult for their own citizens to return home (effectively abandoning responsibility for them). What will the government do if some of those citiens manage to avoid the paperwork or an airline undertakes a humanitarian gesture (despite the fines they will face). Deport them if they make it home to Thailand?

I hope the Thai national who is challenging the order is successful. What happened in Auckland is not good.

I don't think the Thai government is that insensitive, but just that they didn't think through the consequences of their 'cunning plan' (which, after all, was always just about public appearances).

• Like 1

That was a royal  understatement!

No admission that this virus  insult to our lives might last longer than you thought  or was a bit more  chewy than you claimed prior.   

I wonder how poetic the prose if that skyline loft resembles a prison   in lockdown  after a few to many cases hit a few of skylines? Yes it's nice that the greed it shinning to all now even the R.  Let hope we get to save a paper soon topic our latest vocab lesson!

• Sad 1

Thanks for another good read Rooster, sorry that you did not have information for

the forum readers that feel, you should also provide that service.  I do hope that Anutin

and others get the boot, but if they even royally srew up, the high powers make the

big decisions.  I am glad that the Thais are not impressed with him and other

government leaders.  Good luck to you all I say, safely residing in my basement for

9 more days of self isolation. 

Geezer

Edited by Stargrazer9889
errors
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

stopped reading well before halfway. collecting newspapers of coups and other calamities in ones guest country. tourist at work. wew, boring. how about advice how we as guests here could be of some help in this crisis? or something with a more positive attitude.

maybe its the age, old ppl sometimes are like  that, grumpy...

that's TV farang for you ..... and most posters don't even live here, they whinge & moan but live elsewhere.

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

that's TV farang for you ..... and most posters don't even live here, they whinge & moan but live elsewhere.

I'm interested in why you say that most posters don't live in Thailand? How do you come to that conclusion?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I'm interested in why you say that most posters don't live in Thailand? How do you come to that conclusion?

possible not most, but some posters do, so how can one have criticism about a country when they don't even reside there. I've caught a couple out already.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, steven100 said:

possible not most, but some posters do, so how can one have criticism about a country when they don't even reside there. I've caught a couple out already.

Surely it doesn't stop them having an opinion on something, even though they don't live there.

Do you mean you've caught them out because they initially said they lived in Thailand, then later turned out they didn't?

I see you've changed from 'most don't live here' to 'some', since I asked the question.

Edited by bluesofa
grammar

4 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Surely it doesn't stop them having an opinion on something, even though they don't live there.

Do you mean you've caught them out because they initially said they lived in Thailand, then later turned out they didn't?

I see you've changed from 'most don't live here' to 'some', since I asked the question.

They like others to believe they live here so they don't feel bad about slagging off Thailand and it's government continually. Sure, they can have an opinion,but don't make out you know everything about Thailand and don't even live here. just saying. imo. enough said on that. thx

Thai governments seem to love bureaucracy...and the more disconcerting and difficult they can make it, the better. Currently stranded in Bali (much worse places to be stranded, believe me) and unable to return to LOS. As the poster noted, the Indonesian and Bali government used some common sense after about 2,000 people showed up at immigration offices trying to extend their visas last week. Instead of increasing the likelihood of spreading the virus at immigration offices, they just announced automatic visa extensions with no need to come to their offices (actually saying don't come to our offices)....and NO charge for the extensions. Appears the extensions are valid for at least 60 days and possibly longer. I can't imagine a Thai government, especially immigration, ever being this common sensical and flexible...it's just not in their DNA 

Edited by Leatherneck
Spelling mistakes

4 hours ago, smudger1951 said:

Just as well I did'nt make my flight on 23rd. Would be be stuck there as the world locks down. But seriously, when Spain, Italy, etc suffer huge numbers of deaths, what are the real numbers in Thailand ? 

That is a bit like asking how long is a piece of string, or how much is a face mask?

Rooster

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

Most people on this forum don't live with you steven but I see no shortage of criticism of yourself.

What if one visits for a length of time are they then entitled to criticise?I no longer reside in Oz but I still have my criticisms of it.Shirley that is fair?

• Like 1