Pattaya water now swimmable?

JackGats

I took out a one-month rent at one of the View Talays, only to discover their swimmingpool is closed. Weren't hotel swimming pools supposed to be allowed to stay open for hotel guests?

At the same time I see more people swimming at the beach. From a distance the water looks more normal than it did before the downturn.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Havefunme said:

The government doesn't restrict pools being closed they gave the responsibility to the condo https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/chon-buri-closes-more-businesses-asks-public-to-avoid-beaches

That is what I thought. There's an announcement translated into garbled English that says Chonburi authorities ordered the closure under threat of "imprisonment". 

8 hours ago, Yinn said:

I read that Pattaya sewerage plant broken, can not fix.

= the s... go into the sea.

Pattaya have many nation visit.

So will have thai s..., Chinese s..., Farang s..., Arab s...., Russian s... and Indian s.... 

And the other thing put in the toilet. 

Up to you.

A lot of the foreigners went home already....  so probably less of it than usual. The nationality of it isn't really important. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, rech said:

Anybody knows a private pool that is still open ? thanks.

The hotels which are still open go on operating their swimming pools. Eg Sabai Lodge, Flipper Lodge. Whether they accept outside guests is another matter. 

Edited by JackGats

6 hours ago, MyTHaiMyKe said:

Swimming in your toilet, is probably cleaner! I would not swim in the dead sea, sewage is being pumped into it daily!! 

The virus is also in poop, don't touch or come near any dirty drain water...i wouldn't go in the sea in pattaya...it's the toilet from BKK...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fforest1 said:

The water is not great but its sort of ok......The water is much much better than it was 2-3 years ago.....Then water was appalling bad.... 

The water quality was appalling 25 years ago, there were less people in Pattaya then there are now! It's a bay, would take years and years to clean up if all the pollutants were stopped entering now, which wont happen!

On 3/28/2020 at 9:21 PM, Yinn said:

So will have thai s..., Chinese s..., Farang s..., Arab s...., Russian s... and Indian s.... 

Up to you.

No one here Yinn, I think its OK........

I'm in a different location (but still ocean-side), an official order was given earlier this week by Thai Government in Phuket to close all swimming pools under threat of prosecution.

Beaches officially closed yesterday.

No flights in or out of Phuket from 12 p.m. last night (saw and had the order translated for me by our kind condo manager at about 9 p.m.).

Road and boat movement in and out of Phuket is still allowed.  

On 3/28/2020 at 10:21 AM, Yinn said:

Up to you.

Many farangs do not know the difference and do not care.

On 3/28/2020 at 9:10 PM, JackGats said:

That is what I thought. There's an announcement translated into garbled English that says Chonburi authorities ordered the closure under threat of "imprisonment". 

Don't believe everything you read. When you asked about the water,did you mean just Pattaya or did you include Jomtien Beach? It's actually a big difference in water quality.

50 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Don't believe everything you read. When you asked about the water,did you mean just Pattaya or did you include Jomtien Beach? It's actually a big difference in water quality.

I was thinking of Pattaya stricto sensu. I read somewhere that Jomtien beach water was even worse that Pattaya though this seems counterintuitive.

Our covid refugee guest (it's a long story) went for a swim on BanAmphur beach two days ago. He was stung in the foot by urchin spines (very ouch) and caught a dose of conjunctivitis. 

With hundreds of thousands fewer tourists in the city than usual at this time of the year, their absence is not only having a beneficial effect on the water consumption from our depleted reservoirs, but it should also mean a lot less filth running off into the sea. If this lasts six months then the sea may indeed become swimmable again.