Friend on Non- O ME Can't Do Border Run. What's Possible?

1 minute ago, PST said:

What are people opinion on the x2 40k marriage option for yearly extensions based on the current situation?, less likely, or will immigration be more lenient? getting 400k together quickly is alot harder than 2 months of 40k transfers.

You are bit off topic. Not sure anybody can answer your question. All I can say is that immigration should be flexible at this time but the office you will be dealing with is one of the worst for not being flexible and creating their own rules.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CFCjeff said:

Can we have some more information on this updated marriage certificate.  Did your immigration office insist upon this? What was written on the certifcate?  This is the first ive heard of this requirement.

It snagged me at first.

Your Thai wife needs to go to the local Amphur and request an updated marriage document that basically is to prove you are still married. It's only costs 20 baht but only a Thai national (your wife) can ask for it.

More petty Thai bureaucracy; I had my wife with me and they still insisted. The original marriage certificate was not good enough. It was good enough to get the original visa only 3 months before. Go figure

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

As I wrote before the Kor Ror 2 printout can be requested at any Amphoe. It certainly does not have to be done at the Amphoe where you registered your marriage.  You rwife can get one by showing her ID card, completing a form and paying 20 baht to get it.

What about if your Amphoe is closed for this?  From what I read, Amphoe offices closed in Phuket for things like this.

23 minutes ago, Isaan Alan said:

More petty Thai bureaucracy; I had my wife with me and they still insisted. The original marriage certificate was not good enough. It was good enough to get the original visa only 3 months before. Go figure

Not difficult to understand. The KR2 will not be supplied if you have divorced. If you are divorced you do not qualify. 

it is not impossible to believe that some people could make a business of getting married to allow their “husband” to get a visa then divorced after.

please note this is a hypothetical case and no implications are made about any individual on ThaiVisa or their situation.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

What about if your Amphoe is closed for this?  From what I read, Amphoe offices closed in Phuket for things like this.

Then the IO should be aware of the situation.

One solution would be for the IO to request a signed statement that the marriage is de jure and de facto and that since marrying you have not divorced.

Of course I'm suggesting a common sense solution, no guarantee the IO will.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steelepulse said:

If an office is asking for the Kor Ror 2 that is not really a requirement to apply for a 60 day extension they should not require it if the Amphoe is not issuing them due to the emergency decree.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If an office is asking for the Kor Ror 2 that is not really a requirement to apply for a 60 day extension they should not require it if the Amphoe is not issuing them due to the emergency decree.

As of now, the main Phuket Amphur in Phuket town ive been told are issuing KR2

On 3/28/2020 at 10:09 PM, Isaanbiker said:

What makes all to a joke is that he was told that people over 60 are not allowed to leave their houses. ( He lives in Surin/Isaan) 

His visa is still okay for a couple of months, but I don't think that his wife could apply for a visa visiting her. 

He needs to leave in 10 days. The two months option seems to be great, but I've read that not all IO issue it. 

He can get a 60 days extension at the local immigration office based on visiting his wife. His wife needs to go with him and it will cost him 1900 baht. Just bring a marriage certificate (and maybe also a copy).

Other than that there's only the 30 days extension using the letter from his embassy. 

On 3/28/2020 at 10:06 PM, Denim said:

I believe he can get a 60 day extension at immigration just before his 90 days expire.

Ubon Joe will be along with the details but I think his wife might need to go with him when he applies. However, I am nearly always wrong  on these things so you will have to wait for a more definite answer.

Correct. I just did that today.

When that expires I don't know! I need a new visa now anyway. Raising and putting 400k in the bank for an annual extension would give me a big tax headache back where I'm tax resident. But if I bit that bullet does it have to be seasoned or can it go in the day before I apply?

14 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Correct. I just did that today.

When that expires I don't know! I need a new visa now anyway. Raising and putting 400k in the bank for an annual extension would give me a big tax headache back where I'm tax resident. But if I bit that bullet does it have to be seasoned or can it go in the day before I apply?

Mine is good until 12th of June as recently did a border bounce. When that expires I really want to avoid getting an extension. Never been to immigration before and don't want to put myself on their radar if possible. I'm hoping travel restrictions will have eased a bit by then and I can go ahead with my planned trip to the UK.