Pattaya Hilton Hotel closed

Banana7

12 minutes ago, Susco said:

They probably didn't switch it off tonight because they are not out of business, as the OP probably hopes going by his post history, but they only stopped taking bookings as they understand their responsibilities in the current corona climate

Well I guess the Hilton is the first hotel anywhere that has stopped taking bookings because of Corona......More like all the farang left in Thailand have no need for a $$$ hotel and the Hilton was loosing their ass being open......Corona yea right....

Edited by fforest1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Susco said:

Really? Maybe you should inform yourself better before posting Thai bashing drivel

You must have missed that thread just a few days ago about a famous group of hotels closed all his hotels in Bangkok and kept paying their employees.

Or the thread where minor group who owns lots of $$$$ hotels in Thailand, urged the government to close all hotels.

Heinecke did not get to be mega successful by being stupid......I am pretty sure he saw the writing on the wall and saw profits were headed down the toilet...So he just decided to close shop for a while.....No I have not asked him this in person....But I bet if his hotels were doing well Corona or not they would not have closed...

Edited by fforest1
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Heinecke did not get to be mega successful by being stupid......I am pretty sure he saw the writing on the wall and saw profits were headed down the toilet...So he just decided to close shop for a while.....No I have not asked him this in person....But I bet if his hotels were doing well Corona or not they would not have closed...

Told you already to get informed before you post drivel.

AWC is not owned by Minor group. it is owned by the richest man in Thailand.

Oh wait, you are the same guy who started threads that Indian restaurants never have a customer, and other doom and gloom threads about everything in Pattaya

Edited by Susco
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Susco said:

Told you already to get informed before you post drivel.

AWC is not owned by Minor group. it is owned by the richest man in Thailand.

Oh wait, you are the same guy who started threads that Indian restaurants never have a customer, and other doom and gloom threads about everything in Pattaya

Ok I made a mistake........But I stand firm on the Indian restaurants not having customers....lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

look for the colapase of the entire hotel industry. 

they have been saying for weeks this will be one of the first sectors to go.

Of course when there are no tourists hotels are redundant, but how about airlines?

Hotels will recover quickly, because also domestic tourism use hotels. Airlines is a completely different story.

9 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Well when tourist can not come to thailand....It makes sense...

7 hours ago, Susco said:

Hotels will recover quickly

Not this this time. 

Yes, they will recover, but not quickly.  Not with the poor way in which the Thai's have handled the crisis, and a cover up will not work for them this time.

Edited by Leaver
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

you'd have to mad to hang around there when the thais have wised up

and taken off.

Where are they going to take off to? 

By "taking off" all they have done is spread it across the country.

6 hours ago, donnacha said:

It will be years before the tourist industry comes anything close to a real recovery.

My hunch is that, quite apart from the economic impact on the countries that usually send tourists, this pandemic will make people more cautious and more wary of exposing themselves to other people. Even when the virus is declared to be a minor risk, very few will be rushing back onto crowded planes. Few will plan a big trip months ahead when there are weekly scare stories rippling through the Internet, suggesting another outbreak or some new virus.

Over the next year or so, we will almost certainly see some level of social breakdown in the countries whose economies are particularly dependent upon tourism. We are already starting to see higher levels of crime in Thailand. In six months time, Thailand could be looking a lot more like the Philippines. News reports and video footage will further undermine enthusiasm for exotic foreign trips. Unnecessary long distance travel is going to be out of fashion for quite a while.

I would guess that the people who have no choice but to travel to Thailand, because they have a relationship or other interests there, will have to pay far more for their air tickets and, certainly, travel insurance. With fewer airlines in operation, the routes available to them may be less convenient. 

I agree with your assessment.

Thailand's tourism industry has bounced back from many things in the past. Eg. tsunami, swine flu, bird flu etc, and it will bounce back from this. 

However, it will will not be a quick recovery, and Pattaya 12 to 18 months from now will look vastly different to the Pattaya of pre virus that we all knew. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, donnacha said:

Over the next year or so, we will almost certainly see some level of social breakdown in the countries whose economies are particularly dependent upon tourism. We are already starting to see higher levels of crime in Thailand. In six months time, Thailand could be looking a lot more like the Philippines. News reports and video footage will further undermine enthusiasm for exotic foreign trips. Unnecessary long distance travel is going to be out of fashion for quite a while.

I don't disagree with a lot of what you said in your post. However, I would like to see some hard evidence of higher levels of crime, because I'm not seeing it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I am also of the opinion crime will rise.  The only question will be by how much, and the level of violence used.  

You may be right. My experience here is that of scams and petty theft, violent crime seems to be fairly rare.

At least there will be a hiatus in the farangs who claim to have lost their life savings to some Issan woman. The bars are closed, they've all gone home.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You may be right. My experience here is that of scams and petty theft, violent crime seems to be fairly rare.

At least there will be a hiatus in the farangs who claim to have lost their life savings to some Issan woman. The bars are closed, they've all gone home.

There's no one left here to scam and pick pocket, so that just leaves house  / business break ins, and violent crime.

I would not be surprised to see robberies at ATM's and street muggings here in the near future. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Susco said:

Maybe you should inform yourself better before posting Thai bashing drivel

No Thai bashing in that post. Only Hilton bashing, and they can bash that establishment all they like. I'll never forgive them for ruining Hua Hin with their monstrocity right in the middle of the old town- cultural vandals.

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

It won't collapse. The poorly capitalized facilities will close. Mid market will certainly contract.   In a few months when we  recover, the quality hotels will still be there and needed.  There is always a need for a hotel facility or conference center or venue for events.   We are going to come back and we are going to  be ok. We will survive.