Six tips to register for the Bt5,000 cash handout scheme

rooster59

Six tips to register for the Bt5,000 cash handout scheme

By THE NATION

800_0462cd781cecb06.jpg

The government's cash handout initiative will open for registration at 6pm on Saturday (March 28). It aims to help those not covered by the social security system, who are affected by the order to close certain business venues to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

Here’s how to prepare for the registration process:

1. Read the details carefully to see whether or not you are qualified to receive the handout at www.เราไม่ทิ้งกัน.com

Prepare related documents in advance, including ID card, employment details, employer’s information, bank account or Prompt Pay account number. The registration will link directly to your bank account therefore there is no need to go down to the bank to open a new account.

2. Check your internet. The registration is accepted via online channel only and you need constant internet connection throughout the process or the registration will fail. Make sure no heavy internet usage is happening during the registration time.

3. Be prepared for unexpected setbacks. Sometimes the internet is temporarily down or the computer is frozen during the registration. It’s a good idea to have a backup computer or mobile phone in case things go wrong unexpectedly.

4. Find a good support. If you are not well-versed in computer or internet, ask others to help guide you. An extra set of eyes could be handy in case you miss something.

5. Focus on the details. Input of huge amount of data in an online form can be overwhelming for some. Make sure to read the instructions carefully and be aware of your inputs at all times. Double or even triple check everything before you hit submit button.

6. Wait for your turn. Registration on the first day could be bumpy as the system can only take a certain number of users and could even go down if too many people try to access at once. If you can’t get in, it’s a good idea to wait a few hours, or even days, to try again. The Ministry of Finance has already said that the registration period has no deadline, so there’s no need to hurry.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384985

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-29

1 hour ago, rvaviator said:

So that you can explain to your GF / Wife maybe .....  My GF was panicking last night as nothing was working .... I told her to wait as to many people are trying all at once ....

My wife tried but kept failing at the two system security checks:

The Captcha check.

Despite me watching her entering the correct sequence it failed many times, telling her she had incorrectly entered the Captcha code. It looked like the Captcha image was not updating, and kept displaying an earlier one although that was no longer valid.

Got around it by clicking "request another Captcha image", and not trusting the first one supplied.

The OTP sent to your mobile phone number registered on the system.

Quite common use by banks, etc. Once she clicked on the button to request an OTP, a five minute countdown started above the space to enter the OTP.

Twice it timed out, the first successful SMS receipt was well after five minutes.

Obviously the interface between the website and their link to send SMSs was overwhelmed.

In the end we set the alarm clock for 2am and successfully applied then, when the system was quieter.

• Haha 1

To me I would have created a mandatory staggered allocation window.. say something like ID cars numbers between 000001 and 999,999 can apply on Monday 00:01 and Tuesday 23:59... then 1000000 and 5000000 can apply between Wednesday 00:01 and Thursday 23:59.... etc until you’ve covered all the numbers issued... then you have an “open” enrollment whereby anyone who didn’t apply during his/her widow may now apply.

If the cash payment is not dependent on time of application, then you make it clear that WHEN you apply is of zero bearing, but only dependent on what your data is...   IF it IS dependent on when you apply, then you announce that it’s somewhat like lottery tickets - in that it doesn’t matter when you buy your ticket, as all issues tickets are equally able to be chosen regardless of when they were issued.

Can anybody tell me if my Thai GF is covered by this scheme?

She's got a place she rents up in Laem Chabang and grows her own fruit and veg, as well as raising fish and ducks, but she depends largely on me for money. She comes to my house and cleans it every week and does other jobs around the place as and when they need doing. She also does odd jobs in Laem Chabang, for the last two weeks she's been tidying up the garden of a Thai neighbour up there for a few hours a day. I guess the best description of her current status is 'freelancer' as she doesn't want to work for anybody full-time (she's got a history of not getting on well with her bosses). I saw that freelancer is a category recognised by the scheme.

The problem is that I've had to tell her she can't come to work in my gaff again until the virus crisis abates, being elderly and with a chronic medical condition I need to self-isolate as far as feasible. Depending on what jobs I have that need doing, this will be costing her anything up to 10K Baht/month. Of course, I'll still give her plenty of money to live on, but the extra 5K Baht would be very useful for her.

She says that she's talked to somebody in Laem Chabang about it and they say she doesn't qualify, perhaps because she doesn't work in the entertainment industry? But according to one newspaper, the website crashed yesterday as 20 million people tried to register. I'm pretty sure that many people don't work exclusively in the entertainment industry, so it seems that other categories are covered too.

I can give the GF a letter saying that due to the Covid-19 outbreak I'm sorry but I can't employ her any more until the crisis is over, would that help?

Does anybody know if she's eligible for the 5K/month and what I can do to help her apply for it?

Thanks.

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

My wife tried but kept failing at the two system security checks:

The Captcha check.

Despite me watching her entering the correct sequence it failed many times, telling her she had incorrectly entered the Captcha code. It looked like the Captcha image was not updating, and kept displaying an earlier one although that was no longer valid.

Got around it by clicking "request another Captcha image", and not trusting the first one supplied.

The OTP sent to your mobile phone number registered on the system.

Quite common use by banks, etc. Once she clicked on the button to request an OTP, a five minute countdown started above the space to enter the OTP.

Twice it timed out, the first successful SMS receipt was well after five minutes.

Obviously the interface between the website and their link to send SMSs was overwhelmed.

In the end we set the alarm clock for 2am and successfully applied then, when the system was quieter.

I feel fortunate that my wife and I are not this desperate for cash. 

• Confused 1

When you enter data in the form, a blue line appears around the form field and, after entering the information, you need to click elsewhere on the page for the blue line to disappear. If you press the final submit button with any remaining blue line around any form field it doesn't work and you have to start all over again.

https://applied20.xn--12cl1ck0bl6hdu9iyb9bp.com/urgent-web/#/

2 hours ago, new2here said:

To me I would have created a mandatory staggered allocation window.. say something like ID cars numbers between 000001 and 999,999 can apply on Monday 00:01 and Tuesday 23:59... then 1000000 and 5000000 can apply between Wednesday 00:01 and Thursday 23:59.... etc until you’ve covered all the numbers issued... then you have an “open” enrollment whereby anyone who didn’t apply during his/her widow may now apply.

If the cash payment is not dependent on time of application, then you make it clear that WHEN you apply is of zero bearing, but only dependent on what your data is...   IF it IS dependent on when you apply, then you announce that it’s somewhat like lottery tickets - in that it doesn’t matter when you buy your ticket, as all issues tickets are equally able to be chosen regardless of when they were issued.

na, i would have done some basic research to determine expected demand and capacity planned for that plus say 15/20% contingency. job done

4 hours ago, Guderian said:

Can anybody tell me if my Thai GF is covered by this scheme?

She's got a place she rents up in Laem Chabang and grows her own fruit and veg, as well as raising fish and ducks, but she depends largely on me for money. She comes to my house and cleans it every week and does other jobs around the place as and when they need doing. She also does odd jobs in Laem Chabang, for the last two weeks she's been tidying up the garden of a Thai neighbour up there for a few hours a day. I guess the best description of her current status is 'freelancer' as she doesn't want to work for anybody full-time (she's got a history of not getting on well with her bosses). I saw that freelancer is a category recognised by the scheme.

The problem is that I've had to tell her she can't come to work in my gaff again until the virus crisis abates, being elderly and with a chronic medical condition I need to self-isolate as far as feasible. Depending on what jobs I have that need doing, this will be costing her anything up to 10K Baht/month. Of course, I'll still give her plenty of money to live on, but the extra 5K Baht would be very useful for her.

She says that she's talked to somebody in Laem Chabang about it and they say she doesn't qualify, perhaps because she doesn't work in the entertainment industry? But according to one newspaper, the website crashed yesterday as 20 million people tried to register. I'm pretty sure that many people don't work exclusively in the entertainment industry, so it seems that other categories are covered too.

I can give the GF a letter saying that due to the Covid-19 outbreak I'm sorry but I can't employ her any more until the crisis is over, would that help?

Does anybody know if she's eligible for the 5K/month and what I can do to help her apply for it?

Thanks.

She shouldnt have a problem applying ,basically shes a self employed fruit seller or free lancer ( with no employer) if you will and had to temporarily close the business due to lack of customers , today we completed and sent 14 applications for friends and family of my girlfriend who do not have internet or no knowledge of 'how to do' so although we have to wait to see if they are approved they all received an sms from the system so would say go ahead.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sharp said:

She shouldnt have a problem applying ,basically shes a self employed fruit seller or free lancer ( with no employer) if you will and had to temporarily close the business due to lack of customers , today we completed and sent 14 applications for friends and family of my girlfriend who do not have internet or no knowledge of 'how to do' so although we have to wait to see if they are approved they all received an sms from the system so would say go ahead.

I disagree.

There will be some kind of criteria to establish the genuine self employed from the unemployed, housewives etc. It is not a free state hand out to everyone claiming to be self employed and trying to game the system.

I suspect those eligible to receive the payments will be either registered as a business and/or paying some kind of taxation as proof of self employment.

Many self employed Thais do not register or pay taxes to Inland Revenue, but they do pay local taxes for signage and such as well as rent in many cases.

14 hours ago, Sharp said:

...today we completed and sent 14 applications for friends and family of my girlfriend who do not have internet or no knowledge of 'how to do'... 

Ie illiterate.

Edited by tominbkk

18 hours ago, Guderian said:

She also does odd jobs in Laem Chabang, for the last two weeks she's been tidying up the garden of a Thai neighbour up there for a few hours a day. I guess the best description of her current status is 'freelancer'

????????????????????

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

I disagree.

There will be some kind of criteria to establish the genuine self employed from the unemployed, housewives etc. It is not a free state hand out to everyone claiming to be self employed and trying to game the system.

I suspect those eligible to receive the payments will be either registered as a business and/or paying some kind of taxation as proof of self employment.

Many self employed Thais do not register or pay taxes to Inland Revenue, but they do pay local taxes for signage and such as well as rent in many cases.

Yes, they must have criteria, but what are they? This is a statement of who is covered from this post

"The Finance Ministry has assured every unemployed worker, freelance and non-permanent employee Bt5,000 cash every month for three months. "

I don't know under the Thai rules what term would cover the GF's part-time working, maybe she's a non-permanent employee of mine? But as far as the above statement is concerned I can see no reason why she wouldn't be covered.

She's mentioned several times that she doesn't have a "poor card", or at least that's how Google translates it (we're communicating via FB Messenger), and so isn't eligible, does anybody know what she's referring to there? 

The government website also clearly says that the money is intended for employees in the entertainment industry who have lost their jobs as it has been closed down by order of the authorities, in other words, low-paid service staff who do not usually pay any tax. The typical service lady in a bar beer in Pattaya earns a salary of around 4,000 Baht/month, which isn't enough to start paying income tax here even if she wanted to. And she certainly doesn't pay any taxes in the form of licences or signage.