Travellers cooperate with health checkpoints

rooster59

Travellers cooperate with health checkpoints

Tanakorn Sangiam

f29613788d6186d3fd91329a16ddf161_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Today is the third day since the state of emergency, was declared by the government to implement certain restrictions in an attempt to limit the spread of COVID-19. A deputy Bangkok governor visited a checkpoint today, located at the Bangkok-Chachoengsao border, where most road users fully cooperated with the measures put in place.

Bangkok Deputy Governor Sakoltee Phattiyakul has observed a health checkpoint, located under Mahanakhon Intersection overpass in Nong Chok district, which is Bangkok’s gateway to and from Chachoengsao province.

Officers stationed at the checkpoint check vehicles passing through, with a special focus on passenger buses, vans and taxis. Only some of the vehicles will be asked to pull over in order to minimize traffic disruption.

Any person found with flu like symptoms will be asked to get out of the vehicle and undergo health screening by medical staff. Anyone suspected to have COVID-19 will be immediately sent to a nearby hospital.

This checkpoint is one of 12 set up in Bangkok under cooperation with the police, health authorities, local agencies and the Internal Security Operations Command.

Three sets of officers are stationed at the checkpoints in rotation each day. They are asking for cooperation and understanding from the general public. The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration is ready to step up the measures, should the government call for stricter screening protocols and enforcement.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-03-29

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

They therefore prefer to facilitate traffic rather than maximize prevention.
After that, it will come as no surprise that the Covid-19 has spread throughout the country. :crazy:

I know there has been erroneous reporting about this (allegedly), but if the police were to fine people for not wearing a mask (even in their own vehicle), you could be assured there would be 100% check of all vehicles - forget about 'traffic disruption'.

Edited by bluesofa
grammar

As already advised in another post, I just drove from Baan Phe, Rayong to our house near Ratchayothin, Bangkok in 2hrs 30mins, via Klaeng, Baan Beung and Vibhavadi Rangsit. No checkpoints anywhere along the way, and not one soldier nor one policeman in sight.

5 minutes ago, J Town said:

Any word on fines if the driver and/or passengers aren't wearing masks?

I wouldn't wear a mask while driving, it would cause my driving glasses to fog. However, I would put one on before I opened the window at a checkpoint, as a courtesy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I know there has been erroneous reporting about this (allegedly), but if the police were to fine people for not wearing a mask (even in their own vehicle), you could be assured there would be 100% check of all vehicles - forget about 'traffic disruption'.

We must know what we wants ; effective protection or a plaster on a wooden leg;
and what I read looks like a sticking plaster ... .........................................on a wooden leg = nothing :angry: