Are you getting fat?

bkk6060

I'm definitely eating more...but I'm cooking daily instead of buying pre-made so healthier food offsets the effect somewhat. What is really killing me is the MooBaan closed the pool and the gym....I used to swim 3 times a week and treadmill 1 day..so yes...now getting fat

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonray said:

Nonsense....it's because my caloric intake is more than my caloric burn due to the cessation of swimming and gym

Another know it all on TV...who would have guessed...

Correct - because you're eating unhealthily. You cannot overdose on calories eating veggies and fruits. Try it and see for yourself. And kindly refrain from making impolite comments - it's not welcomed.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Im  a pig.

They are gonna tie ropes around my arms and legs and paint Goodyear across my belly and fly me over the Super Bowl.

My clothes are made by Omar the Tent Maker.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Im  a pig.

They are gonna tie ropes around my arms and legs and paint Goodyear across my belly and fly me over the Super Bowl.

My clothes are made by Omar the Tent Maker.

Just dont let them get ahold of you to make soilent green....if we are going to the hogs

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2020 at 1:01 PM, tonray said:

I'm definitely eating more...but I'm cooking daily instead of buying pre-made so healthier food offsets the effect somewhat. What is really killing me is the MooBaan closed the pool and the gym....I used to swim 3 times a week and treadmill 1 day..so yes...now getting fat

Have you ever heard the saying: Losing weight starts in the kitchen ?

From my take 80% of weight loss starts with what you put in your mouth, it has to be a healthy balance of low carbs, protein and fats, another saying which refers to cars back in the days, "oils ain't oils" so it's important to service our engines with quality oils, so to speak.

Exercise is 20% weight loss, depending on how you look at it, cardio burns the calories, weights builds the muscle groups, so a mix is good, if you are only doing weights, you will only see muscle, if your only doing cardio, you will see weight loss, so a mix keeps the balance in check.

I like to have apple cider in water with breakfast as it helps the carbs get to the cells that need it as opposed to the hormon insulin becoming resistant, hence the term insulin resistant.

Our bodies function pretty much the same, but at different levels depending on age, height, fitness, etc etc etc, I am no expert, but a lot of research, understanding, determination and commitment keeps the weight off of me, it's too easy to be lazy, but if you want the maximum performance out of your vehicle, you have to service it with quality oils and enjoying the ride while you have the revs up.

Didn't mean to preach, but from someone who has never really exercised for 15 years, now back into it for 18 months, I and everyone else sees the major difference, 60 looking like and going onto 45, just from eating clean, and exercising, it's not rocket science, but each to their own, just remember, if you don't service your engine regularly it will eventually blow while going down slowly until you end up with cancer, heart attack, stroke, diabetes etc etc, as for the Coronavirus, well the fitter you are, I believe the better your chances are of surviving, not only the Coronavirus, but the above stated diseases which are far higher in mortality rates than most viruses.

Live Long and Prosper: The Jewish Story Behind Spock, Leonard ...

162 years old

According to Memory Alpha, Spock was 162 years old when he died.

Actually in real life he was 83 RIP.

Getting  a little fat as I am eating the same but not exercising as much. Gotten a ittle lazy shut in watching too much TV and on computer. Going to eat breakfast now and then screw it I'm going to mask up (N95) and ride the bike 10k or more around the park.  Do some squats and jummping jacks while out there. Think I'll go out every evening when cooler and ride the bike 10 to 20 kilometers as I did before all this social distancing and stay in orders.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 9:42 AM, stephenterry said:

Clearly you're not eating healthy if you're putting on weight. Why? Because your home cooking is not a healthy diet. I follow a No oil whole food plant based nutrition regime and there's no need to count calories, carbs, proteins or fat because it's impossible to 'overeat' and gain weight on veggies and fruits. I also include beans, brown rice, nuts and seeds, and stay at 65 kilos however much I stuff down my throat. 

That's the reality.

For me it is quite easy for me to put on weight on fruits - too much fructose!

Getting fat? No chance. My problem is I am losing weight even though eating good food and beer every day.

We have 2 rai to look after, mostly grass that needs cutting, and I will lose between 1kg & 2kg after 3 hours work even drinking a litre + (1kg) of water while working.

Nope. Regular gym closed of course as well as the condo gym and pool. But I'm eating the same healthy diet as always and staying fit using my home gym equipment. Doing so well in fact I'm thinking of not bothering to renew my gym membership when it expires.