Are you getting fat?

bkk6060

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

From my take 80% of weight loss starts with what you put in your mouth, it has to be a healthy balance of low carbs, protein and fats, another saying which refers to cars back in the days, "oils ain't oils" so it's important to service our engines with quality oils, so to speak.

Good carbs are an essential nutritional bodily requirement to provide energy. It's junk carb processed and packaged foods and fast foods that should be eliminated from every diet. And low fat intake is a healthier option, which can be found in avocados and nuts, but not any processed oils or animal products. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Good carbs are an essential nutritional bodily requirement to provide energy. It's junk carb processed and packaged foods and fast foods that should be eliminated from every diet. And low fat intake is a healthier option, which can be found in avocados and nuts, but not any processed oils or animal products. 

@ #24 yes, the word "healthy" was meant to cover both, no processed low carbs.

From #24 "it has to be a healthy balance of low carbs, protein and fats.

Yep. I've put on 2kg in a week due to lack of exercise. I could have a walk in my local area but I can't be bothered fighting with the aggressive dogs. It's usually the ones who actually have owners that are worse than the soi dogs. I've reduced my beer intake (for gin and whisky) and reduced snacking to combat it. Nevertheless, if I go above 80 I'm gonna have to take on those dogs.

• Like 1

I worry about those that are diabetic, who without exercise may have to kick up there medicine's to keep the numbers in range because now they are not watching what they eat, due to depression and now added stress.  As a diabetic myself, controlling the good carbs and protein in the correct ratio is necessary and keeps me from having to buy the meds the doctors prescribed me 2 years ago, after a neck surgery that caused my pancreas to stop working.  Thankfully with dropping some weight and being able to exercise it has helped.   However, if locked in with no way to add the fresh veggies, and protein, that would cause me issues and of course repercussions such as needing the meds, and that's even with the exercise.

On 3/29/2020 at 9:42 AM, stephenterry said:

Clearly you're not eating healthy if you're putting on weight. Why? Because your home cooking is not a healthy diet. I follow a No oil whole food plant based nutrition regime and there's no need to count calories, carbs, proteins or fat because it's impossible to 'overeat' and gain weight on veggies and fruits. I also include beans, brown rice, nuts and seeds, and stay at 65 kilos however much I stuff down my throat. 

That's the reality.

You are right, I have gained 2 kgs (now nearly 57kgs) since last August against a goal of 5 kgs by Christmas but I find can't eat (or drink) enough calories to overtake the number i burn nearly every day - about 2,500 for normal doing very little, up to 4000 a day I burn riding my bike and gardening, etc. Yes, more or less a plant only diet.

Breakfast is annoying me as I hear mixed stories about what’s healthy and what’s not, whether to include carbs or not, and if rice can be included.

I was eating oats/banana/yogurt but this wasn’t filling me up and is more hassle to buy. Also unsure of the processed yogurt and sugars.

Now I just copy my partner and have an omelette with white rice, cheap and it’s cooked for me. 

Lunch and dinner is mostly chicken/fish and vegetables with no rice so don’t see this as a problem 

Anyone have any breakfast ideas? 

On 3/29/2020 at 1:42 PM, stephenterry said:

Clearly you're not eating healthy if you're putting on weight. Why? Because your home cooking is not a healthy diet. I follow a No oil whole food plant based nutrition regime and there's no need to count calories, carbs, proteins or fat because it's impossible to 'overeat' and gain weight on veggies and fruits. I also include beans, brown rice, nuts and seeds, and stay at 65 kilos however much I stuff down my throat. 

That's the reality.

Interested in your diet , what about protein?
i take it you are vegan ?

what does your diet look like ,do u eat 3 meals a day?

13 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Interested in your diet , what about protein?
i take it you are vegan ?

what does your diet look like ,do u eat 3 meals a day?

The constant need for high protein intake is a myth propagated by the meat and dairy industry. In reality, all the protein a human needs can be obtained from following a variable daily plant based dietary regime. 

While I follow a whole food plant based diet - unlike vegans, I do not use ANY cooking oils or vegan processed foods like veggie burgers and chip butties - as I regard these as junk food.

I utilise a fasting window of 18-19:6-5 to give my body ample time to digest and renovate. Within the 6-5 hours I eat a bowl of high nutrient soup at midday - recipe available - either a huge bowl of avocado salad sprinkled with a few nuts, or a cooked veggie and tofu meal at around 2pm, and whole fruit with oats later.

With meals, I drink carbonated soda water with a few splashes of fruit juice to taste. Otherwise green tea or water - no alcohol, just a bottle of Heineken zero with a few shelled peanuts as an evening snack. 

This regime requires a lifestyle change, but the upside is prevention of serious diseases - heart attacks, strokes, and cancer - and healthy longevity. In my case, i undertook a series of med tests in December that resulted in all my major organs (heart, lungs, liver and kidneys) as functioning normally. Not bad for a 75 year old who only needs to watch his waterworks  - testosterone levels are good - as a consequence of aging.

I gotten a bit heavier on purpose as i wanted to gain some extra muscle. Now im going to lose some of the fat that came with it. 

I am one of the lucky few with a fully stocked home gym. Though exercise makes almost no impact on weight unless you do hours of cycling or other stuff. 

I am just minding my food a bit better cutting out some stuff i ate when bulking up. But we are talking just a few kg max 3-4. Not hard to lose but will take a month or two months.