why can't people stay alone ?

soalbundy

I too relish the fact of solitary existence. Having worked in community and other fields where I had extrememly close contact with people and their complex life issues, I would enjoy coming home to my late partner who amongst other things was a classical guitarist, walk in sit relative silence listen to them practice and rehearse, quite dinner more music, we enjoyed the solitude of mountain climbing, the occassional social gathering. Even theatre openings and such, I would attend, and spend perhaps 30 minutes at the after party, then leave. Partner would often come home many hours later.

I live part time on the family property now several residences and families, but all placed well apart from each other, I can go days without interacting with another human. I sometimes feel put upon when I have to attend a dinner, althouh usually enjoy the company and conversation, but relish coming home to my space.

When not on the property I live in an apartment, rarely interacting with others and feel somewhat disturbed when the phone rings, or the buzzer goes (often ignoring it). Dining alone either at home or in a restaurant is not an issue.

I sometimes am accused of being antisocial, which I find amusing having held and organised many large events, which I do not miss at all.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Personally I always worked mostly from home and I am happy to be together with my gf 24/7.

Yes does help to have a partner that is a good mate, i.e. one that you enjoy their company with, add to that the garden that she loves, the big house with lots of room for the terrible 4 not to be in your feet and your there.

If I was in a 30m2 bedsitter, I would probably be another statistic on TVF, I said probably, but doubt it, maybe the wife ????

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

I have been reading some newspapers online, UK, American, German. A common theme seems to be people having trouble with isolation, even those in isolation with a partner. What is wrong with them? are they so empty, devoid of any inside strength, a lack of any kind of spirituality, empty vessels who have to meet up with others to have superficial conversations to confirm that they matter. Some describe just three days as a kind of torture to be endured, how to keep your hair fresh, advice is given on how to preserve your mental health!!! If anyone can't endure 3 or 4 weeks inside their own 4 walls with music, TV, internet, iphones, books etc they don't have stable mental health to begin with, and that is scary because a lot can't. The UK has said that off licences (where you can buy booze to take away) is an essential service!! Really!! A nation of alcoholics has just had a reality experience ie. I'm not an alcoholic I just drink to be sociable (but I can't do without it). Partners start to argue, children are being physically mistreated (child protection services America) Women suffer being beaten, all because of a lack of superficial interactions with others outside the home.

There is a lot one can do that can be a benefit to life after corona. You have time now to improve your knowledge on the internet whether it be for your career or just for self improvement, start to learn a new language for instance. It seems that gossiping with John or mary in the bar about your sad life is more important.

All the people who went through life being mocked for having no friends and zero social life 

are now laughing. (or maybe managing a wry smile)

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

The wife has a friend who is a maid in a house, the Guy is

retired Policeman, he cannot be alone,he has guns ,6 dogs,

but if the maid goes to the market or shops ,he's on the phone

to her, maybe 4 times in an hour,where are you ,when are you 

coming back.he's definitely afraid to be alone,me I relish it,peace and quiet.

regards worgeordie

I suspect...LOVE. ????

• Like 1

I could hardly agree more with you, I too said to myself but what does that mean, some Western media speak of this confinement as a problem more serious than the virus itself, as if the people were in jail on a diet of bread and water, and advises are raining down everywhere so that these people do not fall into the deepest depression or that they do not become obese. Help!