Tourist Visa extensions NO MORE at CW, is this true???

According to the news article posted a few days ago on this forum, tourist visa extension were having an EXTRA location opened for doing them. I came across the below video of someone who went to CW and was told that it's not true, that CW was closed for tourist visa extensions and ONLY the new place in the middle of nowhere was the place where tourist visas could be extended. Is this true??? This looks like an absolute nightmare to get there and an absolute nightmare to get through the process in the heat and sun.

I'm also shocked how many people in the video are on tourist visas. Is this only for tourist visas or also for people on visa exempt?

Also, in that video (starts around 14:10 in the video) it shows him having to hand over an Embassy letter and him having to sign to certify that it's a true copy of it. Then the IO gives it back to him and says that he will need that letter again for the next time he comes to extend for another 30 days. Why is the letter needed when last week the Immigration directive letter posted by UbonJoe said it's not needed???

Edited by bbi1

There is already a thread about it:

28 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Why is the letter needed when last week the Immigration directive letter posted by UbonJoe said it's not needed???

Because the letter was misinterpreted.

29 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I'm also shocked how many people in the video are on tourist visas. Is this only for tourist visas or also for people on visa exempt?

It includes visa exempts (in fact, is probably mostly visa exempts). There is also a separate queue there for TM30 notifications.

14 minutes ago, jackdd said:

There is already a thread about it:

Because the letter was misinterpreted.

Hang on, that thread says desks A, B & K have been moved. But SETV/METV extensions are at desk J, not K. I think desk K is for visa exempt only. Doesn't make sense to me. So desk J meaning SETV/METV still go to CW, correct?

15 minutes ago, BritTim said:

It includes visa exempts (in fact, is probably mostly visa exempts). There is also a separate queue there for TM30 notifications.

I just spent the past 4 hours waiting at that new office to be turned away one meter from the counter... they told me they only process 30 days tourist visa here but mine is 60 days and must be done at CW counter J.

I thought all tourist visas were 60 days (single entry), and 30 days was visa on arrival, so what are they processing here? I'm now on my way (again) to CW. 

I just got back home. I extended my single Non-O guardian for the Covid (I had already extended it by 60). It seems that there was a queue for tourist visas at CWattana, but that is the extent of my knowledge. Also there was a queue for 90 days reports and B visas, but again, it wasn't to do with me.

By the way, it took me about 30 minutes to get it from Counter N (not the usual Counter L). They gave me a ticket for Counter L , but very quickly helped me to sort their mistake.

Seems this visa has NOTHING to do with Non-O. They weren't interested in rental agreements, birth certs. of children. They didn't even take the front page of my passport. They only took the US Embassy letter and copies of the 'base' visa and the 60 day extension from my last visa and applications. 1900 baht and on my way. 

I got there around 4.45 and was number 42 in queue. out by 8.30.

31 minutes ago, uberfarang said:

I just spent the past 4 hours waiting at that new office to be turned away one meter from the counter... they told me they only process 30 days tourist visa here but mine is 60 days and must be done at CW counter J.

I thought all tourist visas were 60 days (single entry), and 30 days was visa on arrival, so what are they processing here? I'm now on my way (again) to CW. 

Were you trying for a 30-day extension of a tourist entry (of either 60-day entry with a visa or 30-day entry visa exempt); or were you trying for a 60-day extension of any entry type based on Thai wife or other family member? The new office is only for the 30-day extensions of tourist entries.

No, I went to Chang wattana for single non-o but expired extension. There were a lot of people there for some type of tourist visas, but I'm not sure why. They were being served. Maybe they had already had the 30 day extensions and were there for the COVID visa like me.

50 minutes ago, uberfarang said:

Indeed very bad wording in original reports.  It is counter K and B now. 

B is TM30 reporting. 

K is:

30 or 90 or 14 day visa exempt

Visa on arrival

Courtesy visa

Lost Passport

Lost Departure Card (TM.6)

Transit visa

APEC

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Were you trying for a 30-day extension of a tourist entry (of either 60-day entry with a visa or 30-day entry visa exempt); or were you trying for a 60-day extension of any entry type based on Thai wife or other family member? The new office is only for the 30-day extensions of tourist entries.

extension of tourist visa (60 days and already extended 30 days) 

1 hour ago, uberfarang said:

30 day tourist visas? There's no such thing. Do you mean only 30 day visa exempt entries were processed at the new location and SETV/METV holders still go to CW?

so back at CW they gave me a ticket for counter J. So to clarify, it seems that only visa exempts and VOA have to go to the new location, while tourist visas (SETV, METV) stay at CW. 

Their poster that says "'K: tourist visa extension' must be done in the new location" is incredibly misleading because the only "real" tourist visa they deal with is the VOA (is it even considered a "tourist visa"?) while my SETV isn't despite being classified in my passport as "tourist" and its extension stamps also says TOURIST... 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, uberfarang said:

so back at CW they gave me a ticket for counter J. So to clarify, it seems that only visa exempts and VOA have to go to the new location, while tourist visas (SETV, METV) stay at CW. 

Their poster that says "'K: tourist visa extension' must be done in the new location" is incredibly misleading because the only "real" tourist visa they deal with is the VOA (is it even considered a "tourist visa"?) while my SETV isn't despite being classified in my passport as "tourist" and its extension stamps also says TOURIST... 

Ok that's great news. Lucky they didn't send SETV/METV holders to that ridiculous place in the middle of nohwere!

Also, let us know if you needed an embassy letter or they are just renewing 30 days without embassy letters for us SETV/METV holders who already extended for 30 days prior, as we are not meant to need any embassy letters.

Edited by bbi1

1 minute ago, bbi1 said:

30 day tourist visas? There's no such thing. Do you mean only 30 day visa exempt entries were processed at the new location and SETV/METV holders still go to CW?

That's my understanding too but the staff just said that my visa was 60 days and they only do the 30 days, he didn't elaborate on what kind of visas were those "30 days" visas. 

3 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Ok that's great news. Lucky they didn't send SETV/METV holders to that ridiculous place in the middle of nohwere!

If only I understood correctly the first time, I wouldn't have gone *twice* to that hellish place. In comparison to what's happening there, CW feels like a walk in the park. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, uberfarang said:

That's my understanding too but the staff just said that my visa was 60 days and they only do the 30 days, he didn't elaborate on what kind of visas were those "30 days" visas. 

30 days would be VOA or visa exempt. I went there Thursday and got a tentative emergency 2nd extension for my 30 day visa exempt entry.