ALERT! ‘Bar Beer Soi 6 Pattaya’ and 2 restaurants listed in COVID-19 alert spots

Rimmer

ALERT! ‘Bar Beer Soi 6 Pattaya’ and 2 restaurants listed in COVID-19 alert spots

Bar-Beer-Soi-6-Pattaya-and-2-restaurants

PATTAYA:--‘Bar Beer Soi 6 Pattaya’ and 2 Pattaya restaurants were added to a list of places in Chonburi, including some shopping malls, private offices, restaurants, snooker halls, and more, in Friday’s COVID-19 supervision order issued by Chonburi Gov. Pakarathorn Thienchai which included a warning to people who have visited these areas to self-quarantine.

In Pattaya/Banglamung, anyone who visited either the ‘Café De Beach’ or ‘Khon La Fun’ restaurants on March 15, or ‘Bar Beer Soi 6 Pattaya’ between February 24 and March 26 (names translated from Thai, may differ slightly) is required to quarantine at home for 14 days. If you have symptoms such as cough, high fever, sore throat, or are facing respiratory difficulties, you must see a doctor immediately.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/alert-bar-beer-soi-6-pattaya-and-2-restaurants-listed-in-covid-19-alert-spots-293170

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2020-03-29—

• Confused 1

I have never been in that bar that I am aware of.

But, they give a month time frame.  Think about the 100's of customers who came in and out of that place over a month.  Has to be many, many. Hope no one gets sick from it.

In searching, I could not find that bar. I assume it is a specific single establishment.

I always thought every bar there was referred to as "beer bar Soi 6".

Edited by bkk6060

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

If you have symptoms such as cough, high fever, sore throat, or are facing respiratory difficulties, you must see a doctor immediately.

Everyone stay calm.  I am sure it is just a small dose of "pneumonia." 

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

As long as Pattaya Mail uses google translate, we won't know the real names of these establishments and they will avoid possible defamation charges.

Cafe De Beach is a fairly good translation for Cafe de Beach.... A friend owns it and says the pattaya mails report is utter <deleted>.

6 hours ago, Rimmer said:

In Pattaya/Banglamung, anyone who visited ....‘Bar Beer Soi 6 Pattaya’ between February 24 and March 26 (names translated from Thai, may differ slightly) is required to quarantine at home for 14 days.

wow....that is probably a good 80-90% of the Pattaya addicts crowd.

many of those muppets have flown home as well.

They practise the direct opposite of social distancing in those bars.

Edited by JHolmesJr

2 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Cafe De Beach is a fairly good translation for Cafe de Beach.... A friend owns it and says the pattaya mails report is utter <deleted>.

You're saying that your friend is claiming that his restaurant's customers are not required to quarantine themselves?

26 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

but still no Pattaya cases on the covid-19 tacker thing

There are Pattaya cases on the tracker, I think case pop up on the tracker showing current location, not the location where they were diagnosed.

image.png.3d80989b735ada6afb31888e4d028508.png

10 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

There are Pattaya cases on the tracker, I think case pop up on the tracker showing current location, not the location where they were diagnosed.

Letter in BKK Post today suggests Thai stats are hopelessly skewed; particularly the mortality rates in comparison with proper countries.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Finally it's been updated with what looks like the Pratamak case. How about the Soi 8 Belgium guy and the Soi 6 ones just declared from a month ago?

I wonder if the Soi 6 one is the alleged ladyboy case posted a month ago and was declared fake news

Edited by scubascuba3

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Finally it's been updated with what looks like the Pratamak case. How about the Soi 8 Belgium guy and the Soi 6 ones just declared from a month ago?

I wonder if the Soi 6 one is the alleged ladyboy case posted a month ago and was declared fake news

The Belgium guy was always on the tracker, just listed as Pechaboon, where he is/was now. The soi six cases are probably in hospitial or isolation in Nakon Nowhere a month later.

29 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

The Belgium guy was always on the tracker, just listed as Pechaboon, where he is/was now. The soi six cases are probably in hospitial or isolation in Nakon Nowhere a month later.

But that's not much use for those trying work out places to avoid and if they've been in contact with someone positive, i.e. i couldn't care less if the Belgium man is pechaboon now it's where he was in Pattaya hanging about

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

This whole article seems to confirm 'community spread'

for well over a month already.......

they are a bit late

The key to understand what is going on here is not "what they say" but "what they do"

e.g. They have completely closed and isolated Phuket for what - 10 confirmed cases ?

And Pattaya - what is it - 5 ?

Eight weeks ago I said it was of the utmost importance to keep people accurately informed of the situation and for 8 weeks Thailands actions did not match their words - now they seem to be coming together but too late

35 minutes ago, smedly said:

they are a bit late

The key to understand what is going on here is not "what they say" but "what they do"

e.g. They have completely closed and isolated Phuket for what - 10 confirmed cases ?

Eight weeks ago I said it was of the utmost importance to keep people accurately informed of the situation and for 8 weeks Thailands actions did not match their words - now they seem to be coming together but too late

and the other elephant in the room 

How many tests have they actually done in Thailand over the last 3 months - I will guess it is around 1,500 and no more than 2000

Compare that to the UK which is currently testing 10,000 "PER DAY"  soon to increase to 25,000 "PER DAY" and the general testing rate in the west is huge, same with Japan Korea Malaysia and what about Thailand who not so long ago claimed they were the "Primary Medical HUB of SEA"

How many tests PER DAY ????????? what is it - 5 - 10 - 20 ??????????

How on earth could anyone expect accurate confirmed cases when they are testing very few people .................... HOW ?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, smedly said:

they are a bit late

Better late that no action.

It's a Night Wish bar, if your wish that night is to die of viral pneumonia. Another savvy investment by Thailand Rob and Co. Great business model: first get your business visa by becoming a pimp at a girlie bar. Then let the girls get a disease that kills people. So now you're a 1. a pimp and 2. an accessory to involuntary manslaughter. Two crimes for the price of one. Grandpa Monger would be so proud, Rob.

P.S.--Try to work on more believable weeping. This just looks like you're squeezing out a big turd

ThailandRob.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

To think that there is any kind of accurate reporting of Covid-19 cases in Thailand let alone Pattaya and rely on any of this reporting to dictate your recreational behavior here in Pattaya is sheer utter irresponsibly with a full measure of foolishness.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that there are far more Covid-19 cases in Pattaya than have been reported. For quite awhile the reported number was zero. WHAT A JOKE.. that is so unrealistic it borders on insanity.

Look at all the punters from China, Korea, Italy etc.. etc.. that have been here since this thing started it's world wide spread.. I started social distancing and following all the CDC guidelines a month ago. It amazes me how many people just ignore common sense and rely on the so called "authorities" around here.

Of course there are many many more cases that are being reported.. 1) where can you get tested in Pattaya? Certainly not Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. THEY WON"T ADMIT anyone who has even close to the symptoms. Go to the BKK Pattaya hospital web site and first thing you see is a statement that they don't have any Covid-19 cases at the hospital. They want the big money cases, like heart surgery and cancer chemotherapy etc... despicable.

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/

Edited by likerdup1