Communities offering free meals

Rimmer

All such places should put balloons up so they are easily identifiable by cheap charlies, who must be desperate now that there are no birthday bashes in bars. They are a sadly overlooked part of the expat community. 

• Sad 4

5 minutes ago, champers said:

All such places should put balloons up so they are easily identifiable by cheap charlies, who must be desperate now that there are no birthday bashes in bars. They are a sadly overlooked part of the expat community. 

Jesus,Mary and Joseph....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, champers said:

... Rita and Sue and Bob too.

Yeah whatever..please refer to The Ministry of Truth's new edition...

Page 39 paragraph 3-Trolling and calling people "cheap Charlies" is out as we have only 3 tourists left..

The term is now "big spenders"

All digital nomads are to report to the office immediately for further instructions.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Rimmer said:

The temple is selling masks

after  all the FREE  stuff  they get given...................you %$%#^#@#$%^&

Bugga  the mask put some gloves on yer filthy hands

Edited by Chazar

Our community needed no encouragement. every returnee (9) received 3 trays of eggs, (egg shortage?) a large box of prawns, rice (of course) and cooking oil.

No one will go hungry in our village.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I can never understand why a positive story in the time of crisis will generate childish responses. It must be the wold anonymous social media thing.

I think perhaps that they inadequate, want to strike out at the world, & posting childish remarks makes them feel that they matter: They don't.

Food Banks are very humanitarian.

I do however feel, that free beer for falang would show true compassion.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I can never understand why a positive story in the time of crisis will generate childish responses. It must be the wold anonymous social media thing.

Because  theyre  a  leech  on society (Child  of Prachuap)

19 hours ago, champers said:

sort of a black compassion working here... and each free meal should come with a party hat and a kick in the teeth?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

temples here have a long tradition of feeding people in need... 

I thought the monks food was actually sourced by alms and the morning collection. 

It is good they are helping people out. 

Just now, jacko45k said:

I thought the monks food was actually sourced by alms and the morning collection. 

It is all part of the wonderfulness of the culture... people give alms to the monks as an act of 'doing a good deed' to start the day, almost as  service provided by the monks who offer a blessing in return... when you begin your day w/a good deed - you feel good. 

Then the monks are left with way too much food and will share it willingly with anyone in need. There is a security in knowing that if your life turns sour, you will not go hungry. This is also why there are so many dogs living at the temples.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Lots of people do Tambon and take food to the temple I was in that Wat Chalong one day and there was that much food would have been enough to feed the army

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kenk24 said:

Then the monks are left with way too much food and will share it willingly with anyone in need.

Except when the wife has a lie in and in her haste then has to give them my cans of birdie, yakult , and cookies. That stuff does not get recycled. I have to squirrel away anything the monks like otherwise go without. And don't start me on eggs.

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Our community needed no encouragement. every returnee (9) received 3 trays of eggs, (egg shortage?) a large box of prawns, rice (of course) and cooking oil.

No one will go hungry in our village.

Same with mine..actually they do it every day-rain,hail or shine.

The Thai community in Sydney is also offering free meals to Thai students and those who have lost their jobs.

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Lots of people do Tambon and take food to the temple I was in that Wat Chalong one day and there was that much food would have been enough to feed the army

Those guys can put it away, seen it plenty times at weddings and similar celebrations. Some get quite chubby!

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

maybe they were just telling you that hoping that you too might be more generous?

they know I'm not an ATM. I try and get them to save some of their money but no, it goes to friends, family and Buddha. Now they have no money and it doesn't flow back

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

they know I'm not an ATM. I try and get them to save some of their money but no, it goes to friends, family and Buddha. Now they have no money and it doesn't flow back

telling a customer they have no money is not unusual... but neither is having no money... I doubt any of us are going to teach them to change their habits..