Important notice for anyone staying at The Vision Condominium Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Supply correct ones then please instead of empty words. 

I supplied a link...

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-infant-under-the-age-of-one-is-youngest-person-to-die-from-virus/news-story/7ed1213da093885cf39935eca28894b8

There you go Mr Statistician.

Apology gracefully accepted without name calling or nastiness. 

Suggest you brush up on your research skills if you want to promote yourself as an expert on this forum. Its not hard - I just read the news.

Edited by emptypockets

19 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-infant-under-the-age-of-one-is-youngest-person-to-die-from-virus/news-story/7ed1213da093885cf39935eca28894b8

There you go Mr Statistician.

Apology gracefully accepted without name calling or nastiness. 

Suggest you brush up on your research skills if you want to promote yourself as an expert on this forum. Its not hard - I just read the news.

The cause of death has not been established yet in that case. So perhaps premature to say that. Maybe an Australian Newspaper is not the best source for a Chicago, USA event. 

The cause of death is unknown and an investigation is underway.

My name is not Mr Statistician. 

Edited by jacko45k

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

The cause of death has  not been established yet in that case. So perhaps premature to say that. Maybe an Australian Newspaper is not the best source for a Chicago, USA event. 

The cause of death is unknown and an investigation is underway.

My name is not Mr Statistician. 

Oh dear......you really cannot use Google or Bing? There are numerous articles from a variety of sources reporting on this. I just happened to click on that one. Anyway I could not care less what you do or what your name is. You are irelelevent.

Do try and get your facts right before using terms like fake news and drama queen. It makes you look very childish and silly.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/illinois-gov-says-infant-with-covid-19-has-died

Another link this time from the US PBS.

Of course the cause of death is being investigated, that is what a responsible system does. It could be pneumonia, multiple organ failure or any other complication arising from the COVID infection. But for you and your statistics it doesn't really matter. An infant died as a result of covid19.

I realise some people have real difficulties in admitting they are wrong when they have spent time trying to build a reputation as an expert on an anonymous internet forum. Suck it up cupcake.

5 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Besides the language obstacles how much do you have to pay for one day in a ICU room in Thailand? In our home-countries thats free and can normally communicate with all the staff.

I dont pay, i got a good insurance ? It pays for at least a million u$. Not sure why people would even live here without having insurance. 

If you lived in Italy you might not be able to get a hospital bed at all who knows how it will go in other countries in my country they are having trouble too getting enough beds.

6 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Pure speculation. Nobody knows the actual number or distribution of the virus at present. You are as likely to become infected in a bar or a 7/11 as anywhere else.

If you were living or staying at The Base, in the early stages of this crisis unfolding, without knowing what was about to unfold, and then during the slow dissemination of information, you definitely had a higher exposure then those in other condo blocks.  From the lifts to the around the swimming pools, rammed with Chinese, as Thailand was still allowing them to come and go on holidays. 

The Base has something like 800 condo's.  An infected Chinese on the last day of their trip could have given it to an unaffected Chinese, or other nationality, on the first day of their trip.  Like a daisy chain effect of infection.  Most of The Base is being used as a hotel, from what I can see.  Do the math.

Edited by Leaver

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

Actually i am surprised given that millions of Chinese visited Pattaya in the period December - February 2020 that we don't have more cases here.

It is beyond surprising, it is incredulous. 

Not what happened in Italy and I would love to know why.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is beyond surprising, it is incredulous. 

Not what happened in Italy and I would love to know why.

The infected tourists population has been allowed to leave, so they can be a burden on their own country's medical system, so the numbers of those infected in Thailand, but are now in a different country, we will never know. 

Many of the infected Thai's working here have also been allowed to leave, so they are now mostly scattered around Issan, away from prying eyes up there. 

In time, it will start to spread through the remaining local and expat population, and then you will hear of full hospitals etc.

Of course, Thailand will play down the numbers, in the hope of rebuilding their tourist industry, but that will not be happening anytime soon.    

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 2:24 PM, Henryford said:

Actually i am surprised given that millions of Chinese visited Pattaya in the period December - February 2020 that we don't have more cases here.

Well, it jumped up to 61 today. 

That's like a 600% increase, overnight. 

We may never know the real figures for Pattaya / Thailand, but I'm sure there will be a lot of people die from "pneumonia" here over the next few months. 

• Like 1