Google Voice ~ Hangouts stopped working

lowp

Hi recently after around March 10 my google voice numbers (2) are no longer working for voice calls through the Hangouts app (IOS) or hangouts browser (OSX) page.

I have two google voice numbers. One that was my primary I can't send sms nor make voice calls. The second one I can sms, but can't make calls. I only use WIFI (not cellular data). I have have two phones and two computers and they all behave similarly (ie not a device or app problem, though I did update the Hangouts app in attempting to fix this as well as clear caches, logging fully out of all devices/accts, but it made no difference. What is odd is that on the less used number inside hangouts I get the phone icon and I can attempt a call, but it always fails. I get an automated female voice that says your call didn't work out and to try again. The other thing that is odd is that it first puts up the call per minute price window, but clicking ok it tries anyway. I had this appear about a year + ago for about a week and then it stopped showing up and it goes immediately to place the call just like it always did. I only call US numbers and for years google voice has worked fine for free.

Google has not sent me any emails about my google voice number status. In the past they would send me a notice that if I hadn't used it for a while (3 months) it would tell me to use it in 30 days or lose it. I am on the True network I suspect some TCP/IP port setting might have been turned off by them. I did try another wifi location, but I could not determine if they were also using True ISP.

Has anyone else used google voice to the USA successfully recently? Any other suggestions to get it back working? Thanks

Challenging to troubleshoot without a ton of detail but...

using your GMail account log into your GV account at voice.google.com , noodle around there to see what's up

Google youtbe videos for issues/workarounds

uninstall Hangouts, install Google Voice app https://apps.apple.com/us/app/google-voice/id318698524

I have two GV numbers, both working fine on mobile (4G and WiFi), PC, VoIP adapter. Incoming, outgoing calls, and SMS. 

Register with another 10-digit free provider (search istore for "free calls"), if you can, to aid in testing. 

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

using your GMail account log into your GV account at voice.google.com , noodle around there to see what's up

Specifically "Settings", review what happens to incoming calls, outgoing calls. etc.

Suspect it's some isuue related to Hangouts. I thought that product was discontinued ages ago? I haven't used it in years, am using Voice.

Routing incoming calls properly is challenging if you are using multiple devices, including a VoIP adapter. My VoIP adapter supports up to four (4) lines, so I have both my GV ring through (with different assinged ring tones).

https://support.google.com/voice/answer/7257831?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

55 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

but I am seamlessly using it for SMS and Multi Media Messages MMS

Yeah, the photo thing is relatively new I think? I am on some family and friend SMS groups, in the U.S., and just noticed the ability to send/attach a photo recently.

Messenger, LINE, WhatsApp! etc aren't that big in the U.S unfortunately.