Tesco Lotus Express to allow only 15 people at one time in stores

rooster59

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

My local Tesco Express is so small you couldn't fit 15 customers in it!

We don't even have a Tesco Express out here in Nakhon Nowhere. I guess the nearest would be in Khampaeng Phet 65km one way or Nakhon Sawan 125km in the opposite direction.

• Haha 2

Tesco seems to love rules and restrictions......They were enforcing the plastic bag ban 1 minute after midnight on the first day.....And you can bet your Jack boots they will be right on top of this one too.....

Edited by fforest1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PJPom said:

Stop wingeing, they are at least trying to do something. I went to my local Tesco Lotus yesterday and wearing my mask I was not amused by a group of twenty somethings ( westerners ) having a morning meet up in the meat section, not one of them wearing a mask.

I know a mask is a totally inadequate protection but at least the wearing of one shows a respect for others not a self centred attitude so obvious these days. That’s my rant for the week now I will get back to reading my book... look after yourselves...

No, a mask is not a totally inadequate protection, on the contrary, but IN CONFINED SPACES only. And yes you are right about that bunch of westerners. But you try finding masks in shops .. Zilch. Thanks the postal services are still wirking, I order mine from ... Japan ! 

Now imagine if that bunch if westerners had been refused entry because of their lack of masks, suppose you were one of those, how would you react ? 

Edited by Elzear
misinformation regarding item code
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Tesco seems to love rules and restrictions......They were enforcing the plastic bag ban 1 minute after midnight on the first day.....And you can bet your Jack boots they will be right on top of this one too.....

Let’s hope so, the sooner the better. 

5 minutes ago, mehrdad said:

CP - company bought tesco lotus already!!! I think very soon have some change in this company 

Yes.........there will still only be 15 allowed in though. 

Edited by Kadilo

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

We don't even have a Tesco Express out here in Nakhon Nowhere. I guess the nearest would be in Khampaeng Phet 65km one way or Nakhon Sawan 125km in the opposite direction.

I am over near the Golden Mango Triangle.....Phitsanulok,  PhiChit and Phetchabun corner and it's a 28km ride to Wang Si Phun to find a Lotus X or 7/11.  Yet to see 15 in Lotus X.   5 or 6 maybe...... 

• Like 1

What type of masks are we actually talking about ? Most, if not all the masks wearing persons I see are wearing surgical masks. If I believe medical informations regarding those masks, their primary use is to retain the droplets of the wearer when talking. Surgeons talk a lot when at work. They to not protect from inhalation. Another type of mask, with a particle filter, is used, coded FFP2.  Both categories are single use, to be disregarded in a controlled manner. Do we, westerners, let alone the Thai people apply this controlled manner ? Of course not. But then, Men pen Rai.. it don’t matter really. It’s what we see that matters: a abiding mask wearing individual. 

600601DB-91EC-46B3-9C47-DCA46229CFB2.jpeg

• Like 2

I think the Thais need a dose of queuing outside then maybe they will understand a bit more about social distancing. 

Over here in the UK all supermarkets are being controlled by security outside only letting in people when the first aisle is clear. This is leading to big queues at time’s outside but in my experience people are accepting it. 

Tesco Where I live has put up screens around their till workers and tape on the floor to reflect where to stand for the correct distancing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

They only do it so a news story is released, another form of advertising themselves 

18 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

What if all 15 customers headed to one particular counter - say the fresh food chilled cabinets??? No social distancing!!

Customers Buying Fruits And Vegetables On The Yau Ma Tei Market ...

What do you suggest they do to prevent total stupidity?

At some point people do have to use some common sense and not have to be told every single thing. 

• Like 1