Tesco Lotus Express to allow only 15 people at one time in stores

rooster59

2 hours ago, Elzear said:

What type of masks are we actually talking about ? Most, if not all the masks wearing persons I see are wearing surgical masks. If I believe medical informations regarding those masks, their primary use is to retain the droplets of the wearer when talking. Surgeons talk a lot when at work. They to not protect from inhalation. Another type of mask, with a particle filter, is used, coded FFP2.  Both categories are single use, to be disregarded in a controlled manner. Do we, westerners, let alone the Thai people apply this controlled manner ? Of course not. But then, Men pen Rai.. it don’t matter really. It’s what we see that matters: a abiding mask wearing individual. 

600601DB-91EC-46B3-9C47-DCA46229CFB2.jpeg

No shirt?  Are you going swimming or something? ????

59 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

What do you suggest they do to prevent total stupidity?

At some point people do have to use some common sense and not have to be told every single thing. 

doesn’t the photo refer to a normal Tesco Lotus, as opposed to the smaller 7-eleven sizes ‘express‘ shops 

1 minute ago, cyril sneer said:

doesn’t the photo refer to a normal Tesco Lotus, as opposed to the smaller 7-eleven sizes ‘express‘ shops 

Lotus express behind Numchai is a decent sized store, much larger than any 7-Eleven ive seen.

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

We don't even have a Tesco Express out here in Nakhon Nowhere. I guess the nearest would be in Khampaeng Phet 65km one way or Nakhon Sawan 125km in the opposite direction.

Whoopee do! You could be a survivor when the rest of us get wiped out. Get your bow and arrows and survival gear ready. Just like zombies, walking dead, ...........................

2 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

I am over near the Golden Mango Triangle.....Phitsanulok,  PhiChit and Phetchabun corner and it's a 28km ride to Wang Si Phun to find a Lotus X or 7/11.  Yet to see 15 in Lotus X.   5 or 6 maybe...... 

Both Makro and Tesco in P'lok were almost empty today, in and out in 30 minutes. Funny, you could only buy kids clothes not adults, until tomorrow. And no electricals until tomorrow in either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

No shirt?  Are you going swimming or something? ????

I don't wear a shirt around the house either as there is only me, my wife and our son. If I go outside the property I wear a shirt. It is too damn hot to wear a shirt. At 5 pm it was 39.1C in the shade and 36C indoors.

I went to our Big Tesco here this morning 8am wouldn't have been more than 15 people in the shop. I reckon it's great here. Thais don't like getting up early so as long as you go before 6.00 to your little Tesco no problem at all. More staff than customers. Good idea by the way. I feel sorry for the poor staff enclosed in a small environment like that with many people. Doing a great job for very small wages (most on under 10k baht a month for a 6 day week) Spare a thought for the poor buggers

Edited by Kenny202

5 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Tesco seems to love rules and restrictions......They were enforcing the plastic bag ban

There is no plastic bag ban and there never was a ban.  It was a retail association's agreement, that's all.  Tesco delivery orders all come in plastic bags!  So do Villa's.

43 minutes ago, christophe75 said:

Virtue signaling.

-if the logic commands that a lower number equals lower risk then 15 is way too high : 1 customer would be better

-if there is a real risk... then why not closing all shops ? It would be even better.

You think that closing all shops is a good idea?  Are you one of those hoarders or do you just not have any requirement for food?

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Lotus express behind Numchai is a decent sized store, much larger than any 7-Eleven ive seen.

Guess you've never seen the 7/11 on Pattaya Tai, close to where Mityon has their workshop

3 hours ago, christophe75 said:

I don't know if someone has already said it.

Virtue signaling.

-is Tesco in charge of public health policy in Thailand ?

-why 15 ? Why not 14 or 16 ? Or 15.5 ?

-does a child count for one adult ?

-if the logic commands that a lower number equals lower risk then 15 is way too high : 1 customer would be better

-if there is a real risk... then why not closing all shops ? It would be even better.

-if the reason is to protect their employes... then again, close all shops.

-how many Tesco employes have been infected ? How many have been kiled by the virus ?

etc. I mean it's easy to play ad nauseam with this kind of "PR/marketing" decision taken by private companies.

My concern is the competition.

Tomorrow Company B will feel compelled... to outdo Tesco. 

To look better. 

Like minister X wants to outdo minister Y.

Like governor C wants to outdo governor D.

The governor of Phuket decided to close 7/11 shops from 10 PM to 3 AM.

What's next ?

It's a sure bet : someone will decide to close shops from 1 PM... to 11 AM.

Insane ? Yes. But it will happen.

Because with those inane officials.... more is always better.

And to be a better thai you need to do more.

Conformism multiplied by face multiplied by cowardice... the recipe for perfect and lasting disasters...

OMG another one ????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kadilo said:

What do you suggest they do to prevent total stupidity?

At some point people do have to use some common sense and not have to be told every single thing. 

As far as I am concerned, living outside Thailand, the country has gone into hysterical stupidity, due to dithering and indecisive action in the first instance. Too much concern for tourists money and not for public health - too late now!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, christophe75 said:
17 hours ago, Just Weird said:

You think that closing all shops is a good idea?  Are you one of those hoarders or do you just not have any requirement for food?

If you can't understand irony... and if you do not know the meaning of "virtue signaling"... there is nothing i can do for you.

I write for people who can still use their brain. 

What makes you think that you may be able to "do anything" for anyone or that you "write for" anyone?   You write for yourself, that's all.

Shame about your lame insult.

17 hours ago, Damrongsak said:
17 hours ago, Just Weird said:

CP has not bought Tesco yet.

A deal has been signed but apparently must be approved by the Office of Trade Competition Commission (OTCC). 

I know, as I said, CP has not bought Tesco yet.

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I know, as I said, CP has not bought Tesco yet.

It's supposed to take up to 90 days for the approval process.  I suppose it takes awhile to make it look like it's not going to be a monopoly. Or to get all the brown envelopes delivered.