Thais in Pattaya concerned by foreigners not wearing face masks

rooster59

1 hour ago, drbeach said:

Critical thinking doesn't exist in this country. Educational levels are dismally low...as bad as Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos, despite these countries being much poorer than Thailand. People in these countries act like sheep.

Now if the country could get people to comply with traffic laws and shame people who disobey them, I would expect all Thais to sheepishly comply very quickly.

critical thinking breaking down in the west?

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-number-of-uk-deaths-rise-by-260-taking-total-to-1-019-11965035

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

More to the point what are foreigners still doing in Pattaya. Dont tell me they're all expats !

Get home before absolutely all flights are terminated and we're down to 20% already

They are sitting there all day in their shoebox condo which costed the same as a parking lot in their homecountry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

There was a Westerner who reported that he was told to leave the queue at a large store in Hua Hin last week, he was apparently told that facemasks were for Thai people only and wouldn't be sold one. 

Racism strikes again. A sign of the times...I think our days are numbered here. Better leave the new Orwellian future for Thais to 'enjoy'. I certainly want no part of it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:
1 hour ago, TooBigToFit said:

Those who don't have masks aren't looking for them very hard.

of course many would find that post more helpful if it contained even a tiny clue as to where they should be looking. about as useful as a parent telling kids "o yes there are Easter eggs hidden out there somewhere ... "

Yeah, expect a few of this kind of "helpful" answers in whatever search you post on TV. Just keep in mind that quite a number of posters on here can't seem to see beyond the length of their nose. Reminded me of a past thread asking around for a local restaurant that served..(whatever.) One answered, "Right here in our kitchen!" I simply chalked that off as another particular segment of the homo sapiens.

4 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Racism strikes again. A sign of the times...I think our days are numbered here. Better leave the new Orwellian future for Thais to 'enjoy'. I certainly want no part of it.

Yes, time to shut up and ship out i'm afraid and not before time.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

I agree.

I have a few simple surgical masks (you can even wash them if careful).

I wear one:-

• When a place asks me to to permit entry.
  • When out in public, purely to protect me from the death stare of the locals.
  • When passing through police checkpoints.
  • In the office (because it is required).

Does it help protect me or others? Maybe, maybe not although there does seem to be some correlation between mass mask wearing and reduced corona spread.

Does it really matter, it's a case of when in Rome (probably not a good example at this time).

the trouble in imo is that many that 'live' here or scam to remain here believe that they are superior to Thais and Asians in general, so they wouldn't care if the Thais worry about dying from a disease they may be carrying. Love to see them gathered up and put into a detention center..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, White Christmas13 said:

Total nonsense again

How is it 'nonsense'.

Look at how rapidly the virus has spread in Europe where people seem to be reluctant to wear mask probably because they are unavailable.

And then compare how the virus is spreading in Asia where mask wearing is more common.

We know masks are not totally effective but I'd wear one if I could get them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yogi100 said:

How is it 'nonsense'.

Look at how rapidly the virus has spread in Europe where people seem to be reluctant to wear mask probably because they are unavailable.

And then compare how the virus is spreading in Asia where mask wearing is more common.

hahahahahaha, you actually believe the reported numbers coming out of Asia is accurate ?.

I'am selling a bridge if your interested, low mileage 1 owner etc etc

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liverpoolfan said:

why are you trying to say that it's only foreigners not wearing mask??

Where I live i put on my mask every time I step out my front door.

hardly any Thais wear masks in my village..

Not only foreigners are refusing to wear masks, many locals are refusing it too.

many local are having to choose between buying food for the family and PPE.

Just now, from the home of CC said:

many local are having to choose between buying food for the family and PPE.

Am happy to provide food and PPE to any lady under the age of 25 and 40kg's that wants to come collect........

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

Do you understand what your government is doing 

Can you explain what PUI is and why there are almost 10,000 of them, why are they not being tested ?, why are they just looking at them and doing nothing

I know the answer - see if you can tell me Yin since you seem to know everything else lol

Are you a medical professional or just read stuff and believe no matter what the source 

Run along - there are adults here

do YOU understand that every government in the world has f***ed this up royally with probably the worst (in time) being the UK and the US? lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

hahahahahaha, you actually believe the reported numbers coming out of Asia is accurate ?.

I'am selling a bridge if your interested, low mileage 1 owner etc etc

Where is it located?? What about the road leading to and from it?

• Thanks 1

When will they finally learn, that handing out a coffee to a person not wearing a mask WON`T infect them! However, they may get infected touching hundreds of bank notes per day. Guess that coffee shop owner stated in the article doesn`t use plastic gloves or desinfects every bank note.

I am not surprised by that "farang bashing", but that is the result if a government/media lacks to inform their population properly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

All the people who have a sewing machine and who occupy a small place on the pavements of Buakao for example.
If they don't have one, they'll tell you where to find it.

Thank you for that very useful info!

Guys Victornoir says you can get them down Soi Buakao

15 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

How is it 'nonsense'.

The forum rules don't allow to post links to where one can get them for a good price...it is what it is.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Wiggy said:

If the locals read the facts about wearing a mask, and the uses thereof, they might think differently, but it’s an Asian thing. I didn't wear one until recently, but when in Rome. 

tell them Im worried  most  Thais dont wear a helmet

1 hour ago, RBOP said:

3 or 4 weeks ago I had on a mask walking around the shopping mall checking each pharmacy looking for gel and masks. At one store I commented to another farang who was waiting the line it was really hard to find masks these days. He was not wearing a mask and started on about they are largely ineffective and joking how mine didn't fit right and he could see my teeth as I smiled and all the little viruses were creeping in from the sides (in UK accent). I didn't want to get into a confrontation so just told him I wear a mask to keep my hands off my face.  He was quite after that. 

yea, they're doing so well over there aren't they?

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

I bought some at The Chilled shopping mall about an hour ago, lady selling them had boxes and boxes of em... 3 for 100b.

Is that not Price Gouging ??  A few weeks ago we were buying boxes of 50 for 190 baht to sell in the shop, 3 for 30 baht !

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

They are all useless... the masks that is.

Take a mask and lay it on a dry surface.

Sprinkle some dust from a vacuum cleaner on it.

You will find that very little or none at all of the dust will penetrate through to the dry surface. Shake the mask to remove the dust.

Then do the same with a spray of water from a trigger operated liquid dispenser on the same scale and of the same volume as particles of spray would be expelled by a cough or a sneeze. Bear in mind few people would actually cough or sneeze into someone's face. 

Again very few particles would find their way through the mask to the dry surface.

While they are not foolproof nor totally effective the aforementioned experiment will demonstrate that they are hardly 'useless'. It takes but a minute or two to attach some sticky tape to the sides of mask where a gap could appear as that seems to be a major concern regarding these masks.

The plague is spreading like wildfire in Europe and the USA where few people wear masks for whatever reason!

23 minutes ago, Youlike said:

They are sitting there all day in their shoebox condo which costed the same as a parking lot in their homecountry.

Parkeerplaats of garage te huurParkeerplaats of garage te koop in Blankenberge voor 29 900 €

Blankenberge, city at the Belgian coast, 29900 Euro ( +/- 1050000 ThB) for a parking box.

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

There is an app for that, check playstore.

I do have LINE already, my friend got a ban from this forum for posting a link where they sell cheap good masks...but i'm not going into it before i get a ban as well from a farang here who thinks moutmasks are not necessary...i respect the thai more then most farang.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

Parkeerplaats of garage te huurParkeerplaats of garage te koop in Blankenberge voor 29 900 €

Blankenberge, city at the Belgian coast, 29900 Euro ( +/- 1050000 ThB) for a parking box.

Yes they can buy 3 condo's for that price....in paradise called pattaya.