Thais in Pattaya concerned by foreigners not wearing face masks

rooster59

Foreigners concerned about seeing....(insert)... in Pattaya.

OK, hate farangs.  BUT BUT BUT remember China started this whole mess

Farangs will stop coming, no more money, and the Chinese will eventually take over again.  

as they say, "don't bite the hand that feeds you."  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CRUNCHER said:

The World Health Organization may not know everything, but  it know more about viruses than anyone else. Here is their latest advice on masks

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks 

Contrary to your claim, wearing masks is difficult if you can't get one because Thais are hoarding them.

I notice that you did not include the fake news of your earlier post that people in Singapore wear face masks.  Some do most do not.  The Singapore Government follows WHO advice and has earned world wide praise for the way it has handled the pandemic.

Thailand has failed to deal with this in a timely manner, blaming it on foreigners (how many foreigners attended the famous boxing match and how many Thais were wearing face masks?). People living in Thailand Thais and Farangs, are now going to pay the price.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/covid-19-70-new-cases-singapore-2-police-officers-infected

I wouldn't trust the Who for advice, when this is over they will be crucified for their concern over money vs lives..

• Like 1

Just now, KhunFred said:

They also believe that amulets protect them. No surprise here. Paper masks are near useless, but Thais BELIEVE in them. Another lie has reached superstition proportions.

It doesn't matter if they work or not..

It's a social rule/law now to wear one, wether you like it or not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Youlike said:

I do have LINE already, my friend got a ban from this forum for posting a link where they sell cheap good masks...but i'm not going into it before i get a ban as well from a farang here who thinks moutmasks are not necessary...i respect the thai more then most farang.

Could be a good idea just to have a thread where to find facemasks.

5 minutes ago, Youlike said:

I do have LINE already, my friend got a ban from this forum for posting a link where they sell cheap good masks...but i'm not going into it before i get a ban as well from a farang here who thinks moutmasks are not necessary...i respect the thai more then most farang.

Not this one.

Their country, their rules.

5 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

They also believe that amulets protect them. No surprise here. Paper masks are near useless, but Thais BELIEVE in them. Another lie has reached superstition proportions.

62% of Americans go to church regularly.

Just saying..........

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

Is that not Price Gouging ??  A few weeks ago we were buying boxes of 50 for 190 baht to sell in the shop, 3 for 30 baht !

Probably, I only purchased them to carry on in my pocket for those butthurt places that require one for entry.

21 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

hahahahahaha, you actually believe the reported numbers coming out of Asia is accurate ?.

I'am selling a bridge if your interested, low mileage 1 owner etc etc

And do you actually believe the reported numbers coming out of Europe is accurate.

If the Prime Minister and next in line to the throne have contracted the virus it's more than likely that thousands more have or are expected to as well but we're not being made aware of it.

Why do you think that in the UK temporary morgues and hospitals are being prepared? 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, jimrod said:

Wow, seems a lot of hatred in there, young man. I haven't observed any reluctance of Thais giving foreigners masks. I wonder if they can sense the hate.

I am afraid I have. That simple xenophobia that used to be cute.

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Past two week's flights have been cancellwd

NO absolute bullshight fella.....two weeks ago all flights (virtually) were still flying worldwide the pandemic had already been declared but still the chancers held on hoping for the best. Even as thay started to abort flights Embassies around the world were telling you to get home with flights filling fast. It was ignored

Well you're up shight creek now and have zero sympathy. People like me and multiple others were bailing gratefully at the end of February early March

You're stuck now until 2021

2 hours ago, smedly said:

which words do you interpret as "hatred" in my post, are you for real

Maybe English is not your spoken tongue so quite understandable if you interpreted it incorrectly 

and just to add, I see more Thais not wearing masks than farangs 

Good old health minister started down this hatred racism path and now the average Thai is coming off with the same deluded (deleted), I see they now stopped linking every CV infection to a foreigner - at least that's a start

and just to add, I see more Thais not wearing masks than farangs 

I think you right. The problem is that the Thais outnumber the farangs and farangs stick out so easily. So any farang (be it one or ten) are much more noticeable.

I walked down my soi in Bangkok this morning (wearing a mask) and there is a certain area where the locals gather to buy meals. I saw at least 8 people sitting around a little table talking, smoking and having fun. No social distancing and no masks. Opposite our house there were 5 guys smoking on the street (construction workers having a break). I thought smoking in public was declared illegal.

I fear for my life with all these disrespecting Thais.

I don't want to appear be racist as I am not and I have many Thai friends. It's just certain types of people.

Some of my Thai friends/acquaintances are very wealthy and they are the complete opposite of these people. They spend fortunes on UV equipment, I don't know how many different types of sanitisers at incredible prices and yes, dozens of expensive face masks which they seem to wear all day long (I see on video calls).

Edited by petedk

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

About 80% wearing masks in my neighbourhood including the “ chin “ masks and those not covering the nose !

Yes, and I am afraid Thais do that too. Saw 2 in Tesco this AM, 1 without mask, 1 only over her mouth. Mind you, the latter, when I motioned to pull it over her nose as she stood too near me in the checkout line, complied with a smile, I think.

4 minutes ago, petedk said:

I think you right. The problem is that the Thais outnumber the farangs and farangs stick out so easily. So any farang (be it one or ten) are much more noticeable.

I walked down my soi in Bangkok this morning (wearing a mask) and there is a certain area where the locals gather to buy meals. I saw at least 8 people sitting around a little table talking, smoking and having fun. No social distancing and no masks. Opposite our house there were 5 guys smoking on the street (construction workers having a break). I thought smoking in public was declared illegal.

I fear for my life with all these disrespecting Thais.

get on a boat and go home then, if I was living in fear I would left a month ago..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

get on a boat and go home then, if I was living in fear I would left a month ago..

Don't you know sarcasm when you see it?

I am not worried at all.

Having read the OP once again I should write "I fear for my health"

Edited by petedk

What is needed, is very clear instructions how to wear and remove the mask safely so you don't expose yourself and others to the virus droplets if they do get on the mask somehow and not on the rest of your body or clothes.  Without that, the masks are providing a false sense of security.

6 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

what do respect about thais. The fact that they blame everyone except themselves ? Their lack of education and common sense ? Their belief in amulets rather than safety ? Their belief that the laws of the road, and others, only apply to others ? Their belief that wearing a mask, while riding the wrong  way down a road, with no licence , insurance , tax, , 4 people to a bike, and then blame the farang when they have an accident ? Belief that it is the right if thais only, to wear a mask if they wish, but not for farangs to do so ? Their Belief that it is always the farangs fault, never theirs ? Would be good if you would tell us exactly what it is you respect in Thais ?

A good one !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1