Thailand reports 143 new COVID-19 cases, 1 death

rooster59

Thailand reports 143 new COVID-19 cases, 1 death

1314447976_breakingnewsbannerV2.png.753a38ec9813fad299a4d39d9461e070.png

Thailand on Sunday reported a 143 new coronavirus cases, including one death.

The new infections bring the total number of cases in Thailand to 1,388 and 7 deaths.

The case of the deceased was a 67 year old man from Nonthaburi.

This is a developing story. This post will be updated.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-29

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Good news???

I think 143 new cases is the highest single day increase since this started, and if not THE highest, it's right up there among the highest.

And the numbers probably would be much much higher if the government's CV testing were widespread and easy to obtain, which it's not.

There nothing in this that strikes me as good news.

Right now, there's about 7000 people admitted in Thai hospitals with COVID type symptoms, and most of those apparently are still waiting for confirming tests. It's a much bigger problem than just 143 reported new cases in a day.

they had been testing around +/- 700 people day and reporting +/- 100 people with virus symptoms, maybe, really maybe, they increase the number of daily tests thus the increase in number of detected cases, just my idea

• Like 2

Just now, jmccarty said:

Not exponential even slightly! Something is being done right.

How do you know this. What we can tell from these figures is it's not slowing down. What we don't know is how much testing is going on. Is the daily number only those presenting to or being hospitalised. Australia is now testing 600 per 100,000 and this is shown by a rise in infections detected. This is only logical. What is the testing per 100,000 in Thailand. I've been trying to find this but no luck. Maybe someone has seen this. One thing I can safely say is it won't be anywhere near 600. Suprised if it's over 200. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eibot said:

You can only see.the effects.of social distancing (not much is happening in Thailand) in about 14 days due to the incubation period.

I totally agree, the numbers however keep slowly maintaining or creeping upwards. What day was the mass exodus from BKK, and into the provinces, 8 days ago I think, so lets see..incubation period is actually truly unknown unless you have a link to a study that locks those numbers in place, could be from ? to ?, not sure the social distancing will be adhered too, lots of young people having parties and gathering in smaller villages as well....just saying, it is truly an unknown

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Good news???

I think 143 new cases is the highest single day increase since this started, and if not THE highest, it's right up there among the highest.

It's good news only that it is not doubling every day. That will be a problem.

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Good news???

And the numbers probably would be much much higher if the government's CV testing were widespread and easy to obtain, which it's not.

There nothing in this that strikes me as good news.

Right now, there's almost 7500 people admitted as inpatients in Thai hospitals with COVID type symptoms, and most of those apparently are still waiting for confirming tests. It's a much bigger problem than just 143 reported new cases in a day.

Last Sunday was the highest with 188 reported 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

700 per day is a very, very, very low number. Last week Germany did 500,000 tests.

And the backlog of COVID patients under investigation awaiting test results to confirm or not has now rising to more than 6700 people....according to the DDC's daily report as of yesterday.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

People really don't appear to be taking this social distancing thing all that seriously. I went on a short bicycle ride around Bearing, Samrong, Lasalle and the markets seemed pretty normal. Close to 100% wearing masks but otherwise, close contact and crowded markets. Stores and restaurants were closed with one or two exceptions.