Thailand reports 143 new COVID-19 cases, 1 death

rooster59

21 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

No official curfew, just advice to stay at home as often as possible ect.. 

Thais dont take advise, lots of places still open, many treating it like a holiday. Only way is a curfew but will anyone take any notice of that.

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You're presuming the confirmed case numbers reported daily by the govt reflect the actual spread of the virus in the country... They most certainly DO NOT, as testing remains expensive and hard to obtain. I'm convinced, the spread is far far beyond what the daily officialreport numbers suggest.

So, no, I'm not going to "breathe"...

Clearly I stated that the actual numbers are X10/x15 so no, I don't pressume they are correct.

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I totally agree, the numbers however keep slowly maintaining or creeping upwards. What day was the mass exodus from BKK, and into the provinces, 8 days ago I think, so lets see..incubation period is actually truly unknown unless you have a link to a study that locks those numbers in place, could be from ? to ?, not sure the social distancing will be adhered too, lots of young people having parties and gathering in smaller villages as well....just saying, it is truly an unknown

Ooh yeah, the numbers will keep rising and so will the deaths. The thing that makes Covid19 dangerous is the sudden influx in cases, that overwhelm a healthcare system, making the deaths spiralling out of control. What I believe we see.in Thailand (whole SEA) is a steady increase instead of a wave of infections. Because it's steady, the slowly drip into the healthcare system thus spreading them out nicely. We have to watch the numbers, but this seems to.be happening in SEA, South America and Africa (thank god)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GordyS said:

They have tested less than 20,000 of a population of 70,000,000

Of those 20,000 there are still about 7,000 who don't know the results and are in hospital.

Therefore only about 13,000 people in the kingdom out of 69,000,000 know if they have the virus or not (0.000188 of the population)

Furthermore anybody who has died of the virus via a lung infection or pneumonia who isn't part of the 1388 positive victims is not part of the stats, as there is no testing of postmortem deaths

Let that sink in!

Must be hundreds if not thousands of deaths in the last few months that have been missed due to lack of testing

Then the hospitalisation rate should have skyrocketed. Only a small % dies but alot of people get a double long infections. This doesn't seem the case.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It has... Two months ago, there was just a few dozen cases hospitalized with COVID type symptoms. Right now, the hospitalized patients under investigation count is approaching 7500.

Plus there are not nationwide testing places outside Bangkok, some cities don't have any facilities at all

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It has... Two months ago, there was just a few dozen cases hospitalized with COVID type symptoms. Right now, the hospitalized patients under investigation count was 7614 as of yesterday. DDC just updated their daily report.

You assume PUI are hospitalized? Why? 

ICU beds should be more than full if it was these numbers, and we should see scenes of people lying in the hallways on ventilators. Don't assume things so spread fear.

4 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

Seems to me if this virus is wide spread or going to be wide spread, herd immunity is the way they are going about it because no one gives a stuff in my village. 

Where the village?

8 minutes ago, GordyS said:

How do you know?

If they haven't got the ventilators then the patient would die quickly and nobody would know any better.

Just another death from old age, weakness of smoking etc

People with Covid-19 literary choke to death. This isn't your "grandpa passed away quietly while the family members are drinking Lao Kau around him" thing. Besides only a small % dies, which means that an enormous group is knocking on the doors of the hospitals grasping for air. 

Good luck keeping that of social media. 

3 minutes ago, Eibot said:

You assume PUI are hospitalized? Why? 

ICU beds should be more than full if it was these numbers, and we should see scenes of people lying in the hallways on ventilators. Don't assume things so spread fear.

Thailand only has a few thousand ventilators 

1 minute ago, Eibot said:

People with Covid-19 literary choke to death. This isn't your "grandpa passed away quietly while the family members are drinking Lao Kau around him" thing. Besides only a small % dies, which means that an enormous group is knocking on the doors of the hospitals grasping for air. 

Good luck keeping that of social media. 

Why would it be on social media? 

1 minute ago, GordyS said:

Why would it be on social media? 

If a loved one of you chokes but is refused healthcare due to having no space, and the authorities don't report it, are you going to sit on your hands? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Eibot said:

If a loved one of you chokes but is refused healthcare due to having no space, and the authorities don't report it, are you going to sit on your hands? 

It doesn't work like that over here

• Like 1