Roojai/Dhipaya Insurance

GuyFawkes

I have been looking at the terms and conditions of the Coronavirus Insurance article that was made know yesterday on TVF.

Unless I read it incorrectly the article said that the CEO had ensured it was published in English so that long term foreigners living in Thailand could take advantage of the scheme.   I thought Great!

However on reading the terms, the last line seems to imply the the Insurance is only for Thai Nationals, if so what was the point of putting the article on TVF, unless someone is going to tell me I have got it all wrong.

2 minutes ago, Roojai said:

Dear Guy,

Thanks for your interest in the product.
The last point says "The insured person must reside in Thailand at the time of policy issuance. In case of a foreigner, he/she must have a passport and work permit, or have resided in Thailand for more than 6 months.". So long-term residents are fine. 
Maybe you saw the previous cached version of the website with the "Thai Nationals only" version ????

https://www.roojai.com/en/covid/

Best wishes,

The Roojai.com team

What is Roojai's definition of Chronic Disease, as mentioned in point 2 of T&C's?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Roojai said:

Maybe you saw the previous cached version of the website with the "Thai Nationals only" version ????

Dontcha just luv Insurance companies? I big fat buy button to register for Covid19 insurance and a tiny details button that still says "6. Benefits and coverage are according to the policy terms and conditions. (Thai Nationals Only)" even on a new browser with no cache?

What gives?

3 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

Dontcha just luv Insurance companies? I big fat buy button to register for Covid19 insurance and a tiny details button that still says "6. Benefits and coverage are according to the policy terms and conditions. (Thai Nationals Only)" even on a new browser with no cache?

What gives?

I guess it's over to Roojai.com!!!!

3 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

What gives?

image.png.fdd1106391469e0947b48c9e406aec02.pngI guess you still have the cached version somehow. Caching is done at the device and the server level, which means maybe your local server is not updated.

3 hours ago, faraday said:

What is Roojai's definition of Chronic Disease, as mentioned in point 2 of T&C's?

As defined in the page https://www.roojai.com/en/covid/
"*Any illnesses such as coma, brain and nervous system damage or disorders, terminal illness, and or death, as a direct result of the Coronavirus, determined by a physician."

On a different note, we are trying to get the full policy wording from Dhipaya on the website but they only have it in Thai so we are working on it for now. We will upload it and make it available as soon as it's ready.

Best Regards,

The Roojai.com team

Edited by Roojai
additional information
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much for the clarification.  I am sure you would agree that the detail is always in the small print and as it stood the last section - I think it was number 6 - WAS indicating that the policy was only for Thai Nationals.

I and my wife will be taking up such a policy subject to the clarification.

Once again Thank you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roojai said:

Best Regards,

The Roojai.com team

Thanks for update. My browsers still have the old "Thai Only" details so I'll wait. I'll be interested in this for myself and family once I see new info from you on the web site.

22 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Thanks for update. My browsers still have the old "Thai Only" details so I'll wait. I'll be interested in this for myself and family once I see new info from you on the web site.

Have you tried to go to the page https://www.roojai.com/en/covid/ and then click Ctrl+F5? That does a hard refresh of your browser purging the cache for the page. If it still shows, it's probably your local servers which are still holding the cached version. ????

Looking at the insurance, condition 3. needs to be considered:

This insurance policy does not cover people who are infected with Coronavirus (COVID-19) disease (including the condition complications) or that were before the insurance and still not cured or is a person suspected of being addicted.

It would appear to me that if you make a claim you would need to prove that you were not infected before the date of the policy. The only way to do that would be to have a negative covid19 test dated either before or the same day you take out the policy. And probably a second test 14 days or more after you took out the policy to show you are still negative.

Perhaps @Roojai could clarify this point.

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2020 at 5:44 PM, Roojai said:

Have you tried to go to the page https://www.roojai.com/en/covid/ and then click Ctrl+F5? That does a hard refresh of your browser purging the cache for the page. If it still shows, it's probably your local servers which are still holding the cached version. ????

Yes, tried multiple browsers using TOT internet and still has your old cached web page today.

On 3/30/2020 at 11:06 AM, GuyFawkes said:

Good to know.   I will follow suit once I see the 2nd version of terms.

I am still waiting to see a revised version and therefore have not proceeded,

On 3/30/2020 at 5:59 PM, blackcab said:

Looking at the insurance, condition 3. needs to be considered:

It would appear to me that if you make a claim you would need to prove that you were not infected before the date of the policy. The only way to do that would be to have a negative covid19 test dated either before or the same day you take out the policy. And probably a second test 14 days or more after you took out the policy to show you are still negative.

Perhaps @Roojai could clarify this point.

9 days and @Roojai have failed to respond ? that's a concern

19 hours ago, CharlieH said:

9 days and @Roojai have failed to respond ? that's a concern

Hi Charlie,

This is not an official communications channel. We seldom check the forum. If you want  a quick response, please contact us through our channels. Also, the COVID product, its terms & conditions, policy schedule and policy wording are defined by Dhipaya (contrary to what we do for car and motorbike insurance where we design the product together with the insurer). The policy wording is available on the page. Unfortunately the insurer only provides that document in Thai so we are working on an unofficial English summary.

Regarding your question, the doctor medical report will be what will be used to define the situation.

Best regards,

The Roojai.com team

Edited by Roojai
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jessi said:

I took out this insurance on 28th March.

I have not received my policy yet.

What is going on?

Have to wait 14 days apparently.

I took out my insurance with Diphaya, & got my policy immediately.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jessi said:

I took out this insurance on 28th March.

I have not received my policy yet.

What is going on?

Hi Jessi,

You are covered if you received our payment confirmation email. The insurer is dealing with high volume and there are some delays in processing the policies.
The 14 days waiting period does not refer to the policy start date but the claim date. The waiting period is valid for all  Dhipaya COVID-19 policies.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Roojai said:

Hi Jessi,

You are covered if you received our payment confirmation email. The insurer is dealing with high volume and there are some delays in processing the policies.
The 14 days waiting period does not refer to the policy start date but the claim date. The waiting period is valid for all  Dhipaya COVID-19 policies.

Thank you for replying.

I know a Thai lady that also paid for the insurance about 1 month ago and she has not received her policy yet. I will let her know your answer.

Would appreciate clarification of one of the conditions of this insurance,  I am assuming that in order to prove that the insured was not suffering from Covid-19 either at the time on taking out the policy or at the end of the 14 day waiting period, it would be necessary to provide a test result of 'negative' in order to make a claim in the event that the insured becomes infected during the life of the policy.

If the answer is yes, that means an additional expense of up to 16,000 THB or so.  That's always providing you can find a testing centre outside of Bangkok.

Roojai.com:  would you care to comment.   If that is not the case please elaborate how you would establish the validity of any claim.

Edited by GuyFawkes

This is incredulous. I am also waiting for my policy been nearly 3 weeks now. I made a similar post this morning as I didn't realise this had been started. Been calling Roojai who are fobbing it off back onto Tipinsure, their underwriter I assume. On the weekend they said there was nothing they could do, IT away etc. Called again today same same. Most phone calls Roojai head office saying never heard of us, no record of payment etc. Say they will call back and never do. Have had 2 operators out of about 8 say they do have our details and will call back, but need to contact Tipinsure first, but never do. I have a copy of their confirmation email they have received payment and a copy of my online payment through SCB.

Firstly most insurance companies have underwriters and as they took the payment as Agents or whatever, I have never been told to contact the underwriter, this simply isn't good enough. Most operators she spoke to acted as if they had never heard of Covid insurance or realised there was a problem but the last guy she spoke to did say they were overwhelmed with applications. Bad luck for them I say, should have thought of that before they blanket advertised everywhere. In any case that is Roojais problem not mine. Get some more staff? Apparently a lot of people out of work.

I have vehicle insurance with Roojai and now am deeply concerned about this. If this is how they handle sending a policy can only assume what it would be like making an actual claim. Looks like even replies from Roojai to this thread show a modicum of "don't care, call someone else". Why advertise or participate here then? Obviously only of it suits them or in regards to receiving payments.

Seeing a lot of stories about profiteering from Covid etc and the Thai government seems to be taking a very serious view of this. From where I sit it is hard to view this Covid insurance thing as anything but the above. I hope Thai Visa news gets hold of this story and seeks some explanations. 

On 4/13/2020 at 11:39 AM, Roojai said:

Hi Jessi,

Who are you referring to as "the insurer" as if a third party to blame distancing yourself?

Your username and logo is Roojai.... I assume YOU are the "insurer" or their representative.

Or are you fobbing it off onto Tipinsure?

Tipinsure I assume is your underwriter and therefore YOUR problem. My bank statement said I paid the policy fee to Roojai. 

Most insurance companies in the world have underwriters, and they don't just tell their customers to go hang, talk to someone else. You guys, I believe are an international company and you know this would simply not wash anywhere else. You would be all over the evening news and front page of the print media. Absolutely unbelievable response / situation

On 4/12/2020 at 6:39 PM, faraday said:

Have to wait 14 days apparently.

I took out my insurance with Diphaya, & got my policy immediately.

same here .... you get it immediately and cover is implemented at signing & payment, not 14 days later.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Who are you referring to as "the insurer" as if a third party to blame distancing yourself?

Your username and logo is Roojai.... I assume YOU are the "insurer" or their representative.

Or are you fobbing it off onto Tipinsure?

Tipinsure I assume is your underwriter and therefore YOUR problem. My bank statement said I paid the policy fee to Roojai. 

Most insurance companies in the world have underwriters, and they don't just tell their customers to go hang, talk to someone else. You guys, I believe are an international company and you know this would simply not wash anywhere else. You would be all over the evening news and front page of the print media. Absolutely unbelievable response / situation

Kenny,  relax .... what are you going on about. You paid for the insurance and you have the policy number, receipt, bank charge and whatever else. 

Why are you creating a headache for yourself .....    if you paid and are insured what's the big deal  ???

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Kenny,  relax .... what are you going on about. You paid for the insurance and you have the policy number, receipt, bank charge and whatever else. 

Why are you creating a headache for yourself .....    if you paid and are insured what's the big deal  ???

Who has a policy number? I have an email reference number which is worth exactly Jk shet. Why do you think they send policies by registered mail here? Roojai most times on the phone saying no record or anything to do with me. Maybe I can take their email and reference number to the hospital should I get sick lol ????????????

Do you not see other people on this thread in the same situation? Do you think it is right for an insurance company to take fees for nothing in return? 

Dear all,

Thank you for the feedback and the comments in the thread. 
Let us clarify a couple of points and reassure you that there isn't any wrongdoing happening here.
For the COVID-19 product, Roojai.com act as the distributor of Dhipaya/Tipinsure product. So far, 7 million COVID policies have been sold, and a large part was by Dhipaya. They are dealing with a large volume of policies, so there have been some delays in delivering them. Some mentioned that they could get the email straightaway by some providers. This is because these policies were transacted directly on Tip system. 
To use the online capability of Roojai.com, we have used a different approach whereby policies purchased on Roojai.com website are transmitted daily to Dhipaya/Tip, which then issues them. That doesn't change the fact that you are covered from the date of the purchase. We are working with them to get things processed quickly, but be reassured that you are covered if you have received a confirmation email from Roojai.com. 

We also uploaded an unofficial English summary of the policy wording to our page, for people to have a look before purchase. Dhipaya/Tip do not have this available, and we took on us to do it to facilitate the understanding.

If any of our service staff response was unsatisfactory, please accept our apologies. We are re-training them again since this is a new product.

Regarding the waiting period, it does not refer to the policy starting date but to the claim date. It's a common insurance practice, to avoid fraud, and it's valid for all Dhipaya/Tip insurance policies. Your policy starts on the day of purchase. You can claim for a diagnosis done 14 days after the date of purchase.

Finally, there were some issues with foreigners filling the "Passport" field with their nationality instead of the passport number. From then we changed the field name to "Passport Number" to make it clearer.

We hope this helps to clarify some of the comments here and we apologize again if the service encountered was not at expected level for Roojai.com service.

Best Regards,
The Roojai.com team

Edited by Roojai
page links
  • Thanks 2