Roojai/Dhipaya Insurance

GuyFawkes

On 3/30/2020 at 10:05 AM, Roojai said:

Dear Guy,

Thanks for your interest in the product.
The last point says "The insured person must reside in Thailand at the time of policy issuance. In case of a foreigner, he/she must have a passport and work permit, or have resided in Thailand for more than 6 months.". So long-term residents are fine. 
Maybe you saw the previous cached version of the website with the "Thai Nationals only" version ????

What if someone went to a neighbouring country for 2 to 3 weeks and came back to Thailand but he is on long-term visa?

There is a non-continuous (two weeks break) for the past 6 months period before application of the COVID insurance.

Of course, the number of days in Thailand add up to more than 6 months.

Edited by EricTh

2 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

This is incredulous. I am also waiting for my policy been nearly 3 weeks now. I made a similar post this morning as I didn't realise this had been started.

I bought my Dhipaya insurance on 20 March and got the cert on the same day visa Email. 

At that time, there weren't that many applicants but now that the situation has gone worse, it is understandable that it will take longer.

Did you provide an email address when you applied?

My query regarding what proof would be needed if making a claim that the insured was free of Covid -19 when taking out the policy still hasn't been answered.    'Cross my heart and hope to die if I tell a lie' or something more tangible like a medical test?

On 4/15/2020 at 2:13 PM, GuyFawkes said:

My query regarding what proof would be needed if making a claim that the insured was free of Covid -19 when taking out the policy still hasn't been answered.    'Cross my heart and hope to die if I tell a lie' or something more tangible like a medical test?

Hi Guy,

There is no requirement for a negative evidence paper, but Dhipaya has right to check the medical history of the insured for the period prior to the claim.

16 hours ago, Roojai said:

Hi Guy,

There is no requirement for a negative evidence paper, but Dhipaya has right to check the medical history of the insured for the period prior to the claim.

Thank you for the reply.   I can now proceed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2020 at 3:05 PM, Roojai said:

Hi Guy,

I received my policy on 26th April.... Thank you Roojai.

• Like 1