Jump to content
BANGKOK

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is only one embassy in any country. In the US there is the embassy in Washington DC and official consulates in New York, Chicago and Los Angles.

Contact info for the embassy by email is here. https://thaiembdc.org/notification/สถานการณ์-covid-19-ในประเทศไทย/

Thanks for the clarification.  There is also the Portland, Oregon, Royal Thai Honorary Consulate General.  Maybe not technically a consulate? I've been there a couple times.

 

Just got word from a friend who has a close friend working at BKK Immigration and he said Non-O's can enter.  Still trying to get clarification and confirmation and also waiting to hear back from the D.C. Embassy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, notyouraveragefarang said:

Just got word from a friend who has a close friend working at BKK Immigration and he said Non-O's can enter.  Still trying to get clarification and confirmation and also waiting to hear back from the D.C. Embassy. 

I think stating non-o visa would be a very general statement for somebody to make. Non-o visas can be issued for many reasons.

The exemption or waiver would be for a immediate family member of a Thai national. Their visa status would not matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think stating non-o visa would be a very general statement for somebody to make. Non-o visas can be issued for many reasons.

The exemption or waiver would be for a immediate family member of a Thai national. Their visa status would not matter.

Yes that may be general and Im just relaying details of what I was told, which I am sure is void of some specifics, but that was relayed from an officer at BKK.  In addition, I have a word a close friend who was "stranded" on Bali entered with his Non-O yesterday and made it back into Thailand.  Awaiting confirmation which I will have today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, notyouraveragefarang said:

Yes that may be general and Im just relaying details of what I was told, which I am sure is void of some specifics, but that was relayed from an officer at BKK.  In addition, I have a word a close friend who was "stranded" on Bali entered with his Non-O yesterday and made it back into Thailand.  Awaiting confirmation which I will have today. 

I will be clear hearing that he entered is second hand account and may not be accurate considering my source. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of things to consider:

US citizenship:  The child does not have to be born in the US to get this.  As the child of a US citizen, it will be eligible for US citizenship regardless of where it is born.  Getting the US citizenship will be much easier if the parents are legally married, the father is named on the Birth Certificate and the child is registered at the US Embassy.

Thai citizenship:  Again possible as the child of a Thai mother, but easier if it is born in Thailand.

Birth/PreNatal care:  Unless the parents have US health insurance, the average cost of giving birth in the US will be about 400k-600k baht.  The cost in Thailand will be about 1/10 of that.  The US is the most expensive place on Earth to give birth.

 

US Hospitals will probably be flooded with patients in the next couple of months.  Thai hospitals may be as well, but currently, Thailand has a lower rate of infection than the US.

 

I would recommend that the mother come back to Thailand if she has family/support or a home here, and the father apply to the Thai embassy to get permission to follow her.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, otherstuff1957 said:

A couple of things to consider:

US citizenship:  The child does not have to be born in the US to get this.  As the child of a US citizen, it will be eligible for US citizenship regardless of where it is born.  Getting the US citizenship will be much easier if the parents are legally married, the father is named on the Birth Certificate and the child is registered at the US Embassy.

Thai citizenship:  Again possible as the child of a Thai mother, but easier if it is born in Thailand.

Birth/PreNatal care:  Unless the parents have US health insurance, the average cost of giving birth in the US will be about 400k-600k baht.  The cost in Thailand will be about 1/10 of that.  The US is the most expensive place on Earth to give birth.

 

US Hospitals will probably be flooded with patients in the next couple of months.  Thai hospitals may be as well, but currently, Thailand has a lower rate of infection than the US.

 

I would recommend that the mother come back to Thailand if she has family/support or a home here, and the father apply to the Thai embassy to get permission to follow her.

Agreed 100%.  I will keep you guys posted as it unfolds.  Any input/information is much appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2020 at 11:07 AM, notyouraveragefarang said:

Just got word from a friend who has a close friend working at BKK Immigration and he said Non-O's can enter. 

How did he manage to board a flight  to Thailand? The airlines follow the CAAT rules very strict.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

How did he manage to board a flight  to Thailand? The airlines follow the CAAT rules very strict.

Waiting for confirmation.  That info may not have been accurate and he still may be stuck in Bali.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...