Attempted breakout at Buriram prison

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Seven prisoners who fled Buriram prison captured

Seven convicts who tried to escape from a prison in Buriram province in the morning have been arrested.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1156527-attempted-breakout-at-buriram-prison/

well done ....  add two years onto their sentence time.

A post using a copyrighted photo from Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

14 hours ago, Mung said:

Why do Thai prisons still practice absolute squalid conditions that breach human rights? It's almost a death sentence to be in some of those prisons for any length of time. This country has a lot of growing pains to go through 

If Thailands prisons were like 4 star hotels, (like as in Australia)

half of the Thai population would be fighting to get in them.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Just Weird said:

(which has linoleum, that is cleaned every morning, covering the concrete)

It was also like that in the first house in which I lived.
One day I decided that we were going to replace this linoneum with tiles.
When we removed the linoleum, there were multiple ant nests between it and the concrete floor.

14 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Oh God yes. It must be what?... maybe 40 years since I assisted with installing a dozen 26" luxury colour televisions in the maximum security wing at Peterhead prison in Scotland.

Only 26 inch.......Sniff.......

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, colinneil said:

Steven what are you on about.... Mattresses?

Poor sods have to sleep packed like sardines on the concrete floor.

Before anyone tells me i am wrong.... Been there done that, in that very prison.????

That could be a very interesting story over a few beers!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Oh God yes. It must be what?... maybe 40 years since I assisted with installing a dozen 26" luxury colour televisions in the maximum security wing at Peterhead prison in Scotland.

But that is'nt Thailand is it ! Who knows what the conditions are like and best not to find out.

15 hours ago, Mung said:

Why do Thai prisons still practice absolute squalid conditions that breach human rights? It's almost a death sentence to be in some of those prisons for any length of time. This country has a lot of growing pains to go through 

A quote from an old American TV show....if you can't do the time don't do the crime. You as a foreigner know what the conditions are like; so, do the inmates before they get caught.

18 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

There are reportedly about 100 convicts inside and a number of officers were trying to prevent a breakout.

Must be a small prison then, maybe 4 cells.....or is it nearly empty......

18 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

There are reportedly about 100 convicts inside and a number of officers were trying to prevent a breakout.

The above from the TV report.

There are reportedly about 2,000 convicts inside and a number of officers were trying to prevent a breakout.

And the above from the Nation article they are supposed to be reporting.

No surprise there then!

As long as China is influence the UN e.g. UNHCR nothing will change.

The UN should have more power, so it could ban countries from international trade, if they treat human like animals.

It need to exposed and must be all over the news and make them lose their face, otherwise, they will never make some change and improvements.

1 hour ago, toper3jr said:

What a useless article.  No information, no attempts at trying to get questions answered!  NEWS FLASH:  include details, not just headlines!

As The Nation published the article and this was news breaking event, not all details were available at the time that event occurred:

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385020

Perhaps you can contact The Nation for additional details. 

18 hours ago, Mung said:

The people in there aren't on a Holiday you know that don't you. They are there for a reason , they done something Wrong and they are getting Punished by Being Locked Up and Being deprived from certain Privileges. If they behaved themselves than viola they would've be free and could live a normal life.  ????

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, digger70 said:

If they behaved themselves than viola they would've be free and could live a normal life.  

Tell that to all the political prisoners, sure it will make them happy? ???? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

It was also like that in the first house in which I lived.
One day I decided that we were going to replace this linoneum with tiles.
When we removed the linoleum, there were multiple ant nests between it and the concrete floor.

Oh. How interesting.  Maybe you should have cleaned it more often.

18 hours ago, Just Weird said:

That doesn't apply in most prisons.  Thin matresses and tiny pillows are provided in some, Klong Prem for example, so that prisoners don't have to sleep on the concrete floor (which has linoleum, that is cleaned every morning, covering the concrete).  And, before you tell me I am wrong...been there done that, in that very prison.

How can you verify that statement? Have you visited all Thai prisons? Have you seen the conditions in most Thai prisons?

No way would they allow foreigners to see things they don't want them to see unless they are inmates. 

In some prisons they may give thin mattresses and tiny pillow and those are the conditions, in many, if not all, they could be, and probably are a lot worse.