BANGKOK
Thingamabob

Rayong to Bangkok by car

I have driven through 24 provincial borders in a more than 2,000km car journey from southern Thailand to the Lao border which I started last Thursday and finished this evening. I have not been stopped at one provincial boundary, although there are plenty of tents with  police and others gathered. I was stopped in three towns well away from provincial borders, once to be asked if I had a mask and twice had temp checked. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 4:30 PM, NanLaew said:

Since there's no lock down or curfew., what exactly did the OP expect anyway?

The checkpoints are official. It should be 7 of them in the Chonburi/Pattaya area. And more checkpoints entering BKK. They are supposed to be manned 24/7.

This is the same with the BA flight from London 3 days ago,

Checks on arrivals,,,,,,nothing , my friends through Imm & customs (no baggage) in 6 minutes.

It is all talk but they will not do any more work for Prayut than absolutely necessary.... to keep their jobs they listen to their local Commissioner only

I have to go from Chaiyaphum to Pattaya to pay my rent on the bar and pick up 3 ladies who are staying in the bar but live in Chaiyaphum, although I send money to my ladies they prefer to come home. What problems might i face???

The wife and I did a "visit Mom" today....drove from western Bangkok to a little past A.Maung Nakhon Pathom....drove on highway #4 and #338...see the blue line I drew.  Encountered one checkpoint going and a different one coming back....marked with red X's below.  But I guesstimate of every 100 vehicles passing the checking point maybe only one vehicle stopped.  And actually one check point only had a couple passenger vans pulled over....no other vehicles being stopped.....and the other checkpoint seemed to be on break with everyone setting under the tent letting all vehicles pass (at least for a while) but this checkpoint had three lanes narrowed down to one lane which was causing a traffic jam.  Maybe their intent was just to make a traffic jam to encourage people to stay home and avoid checkpoint traffic jams.   

image.png.af840500b09b1eb59ef4643428a8a478.png