Neurontin/gabapentin

cyril sneer

Be very careful of gabapentin if you have Tinitus[ ringing or whistling in the ears] i do but at a low enough level i can usually ignore it,however when i took gabapentin  it increased to an unbearable level,i could barely hear anyone talk.the only solution that night for sleep was to get so drunk i never made it to the bed,but collapsed in a drooling mess on the floor,it took a good 36 hours to leave my system so just a warning to any Tinitus suffers,sorry to go off topic a bit Cyril.

What brand is it that your local pharmacy has?

neurontin is costly because impirted.

Local brands are not cheap, but less than Neurontin;

Gabapentin GPO

Berlontin

Gabtin

Gabutin

G-Pentin

etc

may I ask why you take Gabapentin.... the reason I ask it's because I had the shingles and the doctor gave it to me to relieve the pain and allow me to sleep at night....it finished went to the pharmacy bought some more and kept using it (1 x 300 mg/day) for 1 month and half, then started to have swallow legs/feet, blood in the stool, easily running out of breath, easily irritated, mood swings and some other symptoms that let me to immediately stop using it..... shingles had been around for 5 months, same days lots of pain,  some other days barely noticeable pain, thus started to take ibuprofen 1x 400 mg and 1 x 600 mg thus 2/ day,  took it close to 2 months, it screw up my stomach, now have acid reflux, GERD, burping, difficulty swallowing food/drinks, sore throat... hope you don't have same side effects as I had/have

Edited by Mavideol