TOYOTA VIOS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION

One owner since new, only serviced by Toyota (maintenance records available), very low mileage at 97,090 Klm.  Owned by foreigner, always parked in carport, runs very well and has just passed strict registration renewal check, good tires, very minor body damage. Has television and HD dashboard camera. 169,000 Baht.

Car_Side.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Airalee said:

“Minor body damage” and “excellent condition” are completely contradictory.

This is what I would expect for “excellent condition”

https://www.one2car.com/en/for-sale/toyota-vios-e-bangkok-metropolitan-kanchanaphisek/6553478

You may be comparing apples and marbles. The ad you quote is a manual transmission. It also depends on whether the OP's vehicle is the J, E, G or S model.

16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You may be comparing apples and marbles. The ad you quote is a manual transmission. It also depends on whether the OP's vehicle is the J, E, G or S model.

I’m just referring to general condition.  We don’t even know the year of the OP’s car nor do we have photos of the interior or even any decent photos at all.  All I can see is a badly scuffed front bumper cover and a chewed up wheel.

Poor, Fair, Good, Very Good, Excellent

I’m being generous calling the one in the ad excellent.  Probably closer to very good.

That car (from what we can see in the one photo) is “fair” at best.

Edited by Airalee

3 minutes ago, Airalee said:

I’m just referring to general condition.  We don’t even know the year of the OP’s car nor do we have photos of the interior or even any decent photos at all.  All I can see is a badly scuffed front bumper cover and a chewed up wheel.

Poor, Fair, Good, Very Good, Excellent

That car (from what we can see in the one photo) is “fair” at best.

Personally, I'm not all that worried about cosmetics. I'm more interested in whether the engine, gearbox and transmission is sound. In both cases, no way of knowing if the odometer has come back about 100 K clicks. It's a national sport here.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Airalee said:

We don’t even know the year of the OP’s car

2004 or 2005 I forget which. They only used that shape headlight for one year. 

( It has a kink in it at the bottom compared to the preceding and following models)

Personally I prefer a manual transmission since in the provinces you don't really need an automatic and it makes repairs cheaper.

33 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Personally, I'm not all that worried about cosmetics. I'm more interested in whether the engine, gearbox and transmission is sound. In both cases, no way of knowing if the odometer has come back about 100 K clicks. It's a national sport here.

I’m more likely to believe the odometer if the rest of the car is in excellent (original) condition both inside and out.

6 minutes ago, Airalee said:

I’m more likely to believe the odometer if the rest of the car is in excellent (original) condition both inside and out.

I'm more inclined to believe in compression tests and exhaust gas analysers.

On 3/29/2020 at 7:11 PM, Logosone said:

Excellent car for Thailand, good price. Dashcam is a real bonus in this lawless Africa style driving environment.

Excessive price for a 15 years old car ;

In Europe for a similar car of the same age , if you pay 35.000 baht ( 1,000 euros ), it's a maximum .

Yes, we aren't in Europe..

But in Europe you cannot see all these parking lot full of second hand cars as we see in Thailand because the owners of these cars have eyes bigger than their stomach and try to sell second-hand an old wreck at the price of new

4 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Excessive price for a 15 years old car ;

In Europe for a similar car of the same age , if you pay 35.000 baht ( 1,000 euros ), it's a maximum .

Yes, we aren't in Europe..

But in Europe you cannot see all these parking lot full of second hand cars as we see in Thailand because the owners of these cars have eyes bigger than their stomach and try to sell second-hand an old wreck at the price of new

the same old dribble about car prices in Thailand.