Non-immigrant O, non-Thai spouse

Hello, if I apply for a non-immigrant type O based on retirement while in Thailand on a tourist extension, it is not clear to me how to get my non-Thai wife covered by that. I have heard different things about what we need to do with our marriage certificate (which is from the Philippines). And that she has to apply somehow at the Thai Embassy within the Philippines to follow on my type O. But the stories did not match each other. Does anyone know how this really works? Thanks!

Your marriage certificate will need to be legitimized by the Philippine embassy here or a authority there for here to apply a extension for being your wife   If not in English it would have to be translated to Thai and the translation certified by the Department of Consular affairs of the MFA in Bangkok.

She will need a non-o visa issued by a Thai embassy or consulate to apply for the extension. Immigration does not do changes to a non-o visa for family members of a person on a extension of stay based upon retirement.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Your marriage certificate will need to be legitimized by the Philippine embassy here or a authority there for here to apply a extension for being your wife   If not in English it would have to be translated to Thai and the translation certified by the Department of Consular affairs of the MFA in Bangkok.

She will need a non-o visa issued by a Thai embassy or consulate to apply for the extension. Immigration does not do changes to a non-o visa for family members of a person on a extension of stay based upon retirement.

Thanks, Are you saying she can only apply for it outside of Thailand? 

And I did not quite follow you about the marriage certificate. Iit is written in English. Do we have to get it translated into Thai?

2 minutes ago, Jlop said:

Thanks, Are you saying she can only apply for it outside of Thailand? 

That is correct. Immigration does not do them for family members of those on extension based upon retirement.

2 minutes ago, Jlop said:

And I did not quite follow you about the marriage certificate. Iit is written in English. Do we have to get it translated into Thai?

No need for the translation if it is in English.

• Thanks 2