BANGKOK
Trujillo

Non-essential shops open

Central plaza mall pattaya, closed.

1 hour ago, wotsdermatter said:

At least one bank now refuses to exchange or accept currencies from other countries, as a safeguard even if they are in pristine condition or they will not be accepted for exchange.  However, the banks still accept Thai currency even if it has been in circulation for decades.

'nuf sed.

Currency exchange shops are open and have always given better rates than banks.  So what is your problem?  Discrimination against foreign currency bothering you?  You can join the Foundation Against Discrimination Against Small Pieces of Paper Called Foreign Currency by making a small contribution to their cause.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gumballl said:

Why? Are you sick?

If not, go out and enjoy the sunshine, and get some exercise while you are at it. It helps to build up Vitamin D in your system (which can help stave off illness). Obviously you should avoid large crowds.

No, & by "not leaving the house", I meant the area around my isolated house in the rice fields.  Do a 1 hour session every day on my mountain bike with n95 mask on.  Stocked up on food a week or so ago.  We're in lockdown mode.  

• Like 1

Today, at Kasikorn bank in Chiang Rai, social distancing was being enforced. What a clusterf##k.

Took me an hour to do a simple passbook withdrawal. One Thai there with no mask was leaning on the counter being served by a masked teller. i have no idea what they were transacting, but it took more than half an hour. Meantime, a technician was installing some new fandangle at each counter, in a busy period.

Logistics are not a Thai strong point. I would have thought getting customers processed quickly would be a sine qua non in the current situation.

14 hours ago, trevoromgh said:

Sorry but you only have to watch the videos of how badly it's affecting Italy to realize quite how bad things might get if people do not isolate or keep a safe distance.

I agree, but hey the thai do not care....same with road safety or any other safety.....they-do-not-care....

I also saw many shops open today which don't sell food or so.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Youlike said:

I agree, but hey the thai do not care....same with road safety or any other safety.....they-do-not-care....

Unfortunately, it's not just the Thais who don't care.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Gumballl said:

If not, go out and enjoy the sunshine

My thermometer outside showed 47 C. Today. Think I'll pass. One more skin cancer might be one too many for me.

6 minutes ago, naboo said:

Or we could do something to stop it. 

Except staying-at home doesn't stop it. That's just a delay measure.

Only testing, identifying and isolating the infected stops it. That's what's called a containment measure.

That's why it's totally okay to ignore the social distancing nonsense. Not only is it totally false, it's actually counter-productive.

The sooner herd immunity happens, the better. It's the only way.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Logosone said:

The sooner herd immunity happens, the better. It's the only way.

I have nothing more to say. Darwin, do your work.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Does that include the old Farang morons sitting and drinking together in front of the bars?

I saw at least four different groups of them, none wearing masks, sitting together at tables.

A bit hard drinking beer with a mask on wouldn't you say?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, naboo said:

I have nothing more to say. Darwin, do your work.

He already has.

That's why some people can understand why social distancing is not going to stop this virus, and others, well...can't.

• Sad 1