Non-essential shops open

Trujillo

3 hours ago, Logosone said:

Lol.

Happy to report that Homepro is open for business. If you call their customer service number you will get a very attractive sounding lady with very good English and smart to boot. Best to check if your product is available.

If it is you can then drive there to pick it up, They say they prefer that and delivery is not a good option for them.

But you can definitely still shop at Homepro.

I went to one branch at Homepro. Most of the sections are shut, they only bring out some stuff to sell at a very small section outside.

3 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Rubbish - I had 2 deliveries this week and signed on their phone each time.

Easy hombre, I had 2 last week and no sign. It's funny how one word automatically points to your home country  :cowboy:

FolkGuitar: "With what I saw on the streets today during my food run, I'm pretty sure that number will triple very soon, and increase into the hundreds by next week."

By "the hundreds," I take that to mean 200+. 

IF by April 7th at midnight there are 200 or more cases I will buy you a steak dinner. 

How many are there now? Seven? 

9 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

FolkGuitar: "With what I saw on the streets today during my food run, I'm pretty sure that number will triple very soon, and increase into the hundreds by next week."

By "the hundreds," I take that to mean 200+. 

IF by April 7th at midnight there are 200 or more cases I will buy you a steak dinner. 

How many are there now? Seven? 

38 cases in Chiang Mai

German health minister and German head of Physician's association say no need to make wearing mask mandatory:

"German Health Minister Jens Spahn said on Tuesday that he currently sees "no need for an obligation" in his country to wear masks. Interior Minister Horst Seehofer also argued that the focus should first be on ensuring that medical personnel and the police have enough masks, while several officials warned against sending the wrong signal by requiring the public at large to wear them. "It gives a false sense of security even though it virtually does not help at all," the head of the National Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians, Andreas Gassen, told the Handelsblatt newspaper."

https://www.dpa-international.com/topic/need-face-mask-requirement-germany-officials-say-urn%3Anewsml%3Adpa.com%3A20090101%3A200331-99-544600

Edited by Logosone

27 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

OK, I'll go with that...where is your link to the daily cases? 

My mistake. The count is 35 in Chiang Mai, based on the hourly update from 'Chiang Mai News in English.'

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChiangMaiNewsinEnglish/  

who link to ddc.moph.go.th

I like my steak medium-rare.

Edited by FolkGuitar

3 minutes ago, Logosone said:

German health minister and German head of Physician's association say no need to make wearing mask mandatory:

Please do us all a favor and move to Germany.  You'll be happier there. If you won't wear a mask, we'll be happier if you are not around us.

People here need neighbors who care about each other, and take responsibility for their community, not people who look for ways to avoid it.

• Like 2

From my link above -

According to an Italian Government Study 99% of their Covid-19 fatalities were already sick and half were diagnosed with 3 or more diseases.

Here are some excerpts from a Bloomberg article on the study:

The median age of the infected is 63 but most of those who die are older. The average age of those who’ve died from the virus in Italy is 79.5. As of March 17, 17 people under 50 had died from the disease. All of Italy’s victims under 40 have been males with serious existing medical conditions.

Puts paid to all the hysteria surrounding this - "But what about Italy" Horse Hockey

Only one immutable Truth in life - You can't live forever.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Please do us all a favor and move to Germany.  You'll be happier there. If you won't wear a mask, we'll be happier if you are not around us.

People here need neighbors who care about each other, and take responsibility for their community, not people who look for ways to avoid it.

You don't speak for anyone. Only yourself.

And I will move to whereever I wish. You know nothing about where I would be happier, not much about anything else really. 

Let's keep it that way.

11 minutes ago, Logosone said:

You don't speak for anyone. Only yourself.

You're quite wrong. Again.

Actually, several people have been discussing you and your lack of social responsibility.

And those are only the ones that I know about. My guess is there are a heck of a lot more who read this board, but don't want to get involved.

I'll repeat... People here need neighbors who care about each other, and take responsibility for their community, not people who look for ways to avoid it.

Edited by FolkGuitar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

As of 1 Jul 2019 population of Chiang Mai province - 1,688,200

You must of been very busy talking to each one of them, asking their opinions, and getting permission to be their spokesman. Kudos.

On every page of this thread I read the same thing. Point taken.

Also read rebuttals of same.

Face it - some people do not agree with you.

To endlessly repeat the same message over and over does serious damage to your credibility - on this or any other subject.

Believe what you like - Allow others the same courtesy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FolkGuitar said:

My mistake. The count is 35 in Chiang Mai, based on the hourly update from 'Chiang Mai News in English.'

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChiangMaiNewsinEnglish/  

who link to ddc.moph.go.th

I like my steak medium-rare.

According to the Dept of Disease Control website there were 30 cases in Chiang Mai province as of April 1.

You can link to the site from the main Bangkok Post story today.

36 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Face it - some people do not agree with you.

To endlessly repeat the same message over and over does serious damage to your credibility - on this or any other subject.

One of the last things I worry about in this world is my credibility on ThaiVisa. Thank you for the laugh!

Fortunately, both the C.D.C. and the W.H.O. are now saying they are ready to state that masks should be worn by everyone when they are outside their homes. This announcement should be public by tomorrow.

And just as fortunately, Governors in Thai provinces are also seeing the value of masks and social distancing, and instituting mandatory orders that everyone wear masks, and everyone maintain social distances in shops, etc.

The Governor of Mae Hong Son, which includes Pai (which many of us travel to) has signed an order with these key points:

1. No-one can enter or leave the Mae Hong Son province between 10:00 pm and 4:00 am each day.

2. No-one in Mae Hong Son province can leave their home between 10:00 pm and 4:00 am (effectively a curfew)

3. Foreigners cannot go to Mae Hong Song. Foreigners already in Mae Hong Song may stay there.

The order takes effect immediately.

Alcohol sales have been banned in Lamphun from 5 p.m. today, April 1 through to April 30.

Believe what you like - Allow others the same courtesy.

When their beliefs can get the rest of the community killed, I will continue to argue against them.

Sorry if you don't like that.  I can't physically force them to go along with responsible behavior. I can only hope that within the next day or two, the Thai government will institute mandatory wearing of masks, mandatory closure of non-essential businesses, mandatory hand sanitizing on entry for all open shops, and maintenance of social distancing. And I'll pray that people start behaving in a responsible manner to aid their neighbors.

26 minutes ago, Wandr said:

According to the Dept of Disease Control website there were 30 cases in Chiang Mai province as of April 1.

You can link to the site from the main Bangkok Post story today.

I prefer information from the Thai site....  ddc.moph.go.th

You know they won't push the figures up if they don't have to.

When their beliefs can get the rest of the community killed, I will continue to argue against them.

So ... when the C-19 is over, will you start preaching on any other subjects, like ...

Death on the roads

Malaria

Dengue

Infant mortality

Smoking

Drinking

Heart Disease ?

I could go on and on.

"Can get the rest of the community killed ... "  555

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

So ... when the C-19 is over, will you start preaching on any other subjects, like ...

Death on the roads

Malaria

Dengue

When you start raising mosquitoes in your back yard, you can be sure I'll talk against it.

Is it your plan to do so?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I prefer information from the Thai site....  ddc.moph.go.th

You know they won't push the figures up if they don't have to.

Same site. DDC stands for Dept of Disease Control.

Where are you seeing 38 or 35 cases in Chiang Mai? I saw 30.

18 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

I don't see any stats on ddc.moph.go.th

What part of the site are you looking at? 

I posted the link to it the last time you asked. Specific Chiang Mai information.

Edited by FolkGuitar

18 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

There is one Thai person who came back from Pakistan and died in a train not knowing he had Covid.

I guess he didn't wear a mask too which might have infected those on the train.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/covid-19-thailand-man-dies-train-pakistan-12599636

31 minutes ago, EricTh said:

There is one Thai person who came back from Pakistan and died in a train not knowing he had Covid.

How do you know that he did not know?

Why do you guess he didn’t wear a mask?

On 3/30/2020 at 8:57 AM, spidermike007 said:

Good, good. Defiance can be a beautiful thing. Small mom and pop shops being open are no threat to anyone, as long as minor precautions are being taken. Why should the big guys be allowed to be open, and the little guys, who really need it, be deprived of a livelihood? I consider the economic shutdown to be 100 levels beyond inane. 

sums up thailand big bosses...

2 hours ago, Trujillo said:

The screen grab I posted is from Thailand's Department of Disease Control. I'd say they are the authority on this.

They certainly wouldn't mess around with the published numbers... Not a governmental department. Nooooo....

• Like 1

So where do you think Aaron and Brad get their figures? 

The only numbers published would be from the government, right? 

I mean if we are going to go whole hog on the conspiracy angle, that's a thing to consider. Assume everyone is infected and that all governments that you don't trust are cooking the books. Hard to know where to go from that....

On 3/30/2020 at 9:07 AM, stephenterry said:

The fact is that it hasn't been scientifically evidenced. In which case it's prudent to keep a 2 metre distance between people. 

There is the recent case of The Skagit Valley Chorale group in Virginia where two of the singers have died from the virus and 45 of the remaining 60 in attendance of a 2hr practice session have shown signs of COVID-19. Apparently each singer was greeted with hand sanitizer at the door, they were individually spaced out during rehearsal, each singer used their own sheet music, and they avoided shaking hands or hugging.

And yet, within a week, three-quarters of the choir would report feeling sick.

As the article went on to say.....“This virus looks different on everyone," "Some people had a fever, some people didn’t, some people had a cough, some people didn’t. Some people only had that loss of sense of smell and taste.”

“What we learned from this outbreak is that this in certain situation, this virus is much more transmissible than we thought possible,” said Dr. Howard Liebrand, Skagit County health officer.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HaleySabai said:

There is the recent case of The Skagit Valley Chorale group in Virginia where two of the singers have died from the virus and 45 of the remaining 60 in attendance of a 2hr practice session have shown signs of COVID-19. Apparently each singer was greeted with hand sanitizer at the door, they were individually spaced out during rehearsal, each singer used their own sheet music, and they avoided shaking hands or hugging.

And yet, within a week, three-quarters of the choir would report feeling sick.

As the article went on to say.....“This virus looks different on everyone," "Some people had a fever, some people didn’t, some people had a cough, some people didn’t. Some people only had that loss of sense of smell and taste.”

“What we learned from this outbreak is that this in certain situation, this virus is much more transmissible than we thought possible,” said Dr. Howard Liebrand, Skagit County health officer.

With respect, keeping 60 people spaced out 2 metres apart for two hours is an unlikely scenario. It only needs one to infect a group. I would suspect the group picked it up from e.g. a contaminated sheet music stand surface.

Edited by stephenterry
add

A post using content from a Facebook page has been removed:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook  etc.) should always be shown.