BANGKOK
Trujillo

Non-essential shops open

26 minutes ago, Wandr said:

According to the Dept of Disease Control website there were 30 cases in Chiang Mai province as of April 1.

You can link to the site from the main Bangkok Post story today.

I prefer information from the Thai site....  ddc.moph.go.th

You know they won't push the figures up if they don't have to.

1 hour ago, FolkGuitar said:

When their beliefs can get the rest of the community killed, I will continue to argue against them.

So ... when the C-19 is over, will you start preaching on any other subjects, like ...

Death on the roads

Malaria

Dengue

Infant mortality

Smoking

Drinking

Heart Disease ?

I could go on and on.

"Can get the rest of the community killed ... "  555

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

So ... when the C-19 is over, will you start preaching on any other subjects, like ...

Death on the roads

Malaria

Dengue

When you start raising mosquitoes in your back yard, you can be sure I'll talk against it.

Is it your plan to do so?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, FolkGuitar said:

I prefer information from the Thai site....  ddc.moph.go.th

You know they won't push the figures up if they don't have to.

Same site. DDC stands for Dept of Disease Control.

Where are you seeing 38 or 35 cases in Chiang Mai? I saw 30.

Posted (edited)

I don't see any stats on ddc.moph.go.th

What part of the site are you looking at? 

I found a link via a newspaper that shows 30: 

image.png.f57ae26392bcfc6aec9ca2f784f8b4e8.png

Edited by Trujillo

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

I don't see any stats on ddc.moph.go.th

What part of the site are you looking at? 

I posted the link to it the last time you asked. Specific Chiang Mai information.

Edited by FolkGuitar

18 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Please do us all a favor and move to Germany.  You'll be happier there. If you won't wear a mask, we'll be happier if you are not around us.

People here need neighbors who care about each other, and take responsibility for their community, not people who look for ways to avoid it.

There is one Thai person who came back from Pakistan and died in a train not knowing he had Covid.

I guess he didn't wear a mask too which might have infected those on the train.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/covid-19-thailand-man-dies-train-pakistan-12599636

31 minutes ago, EricTh said:

There is one Thai person who came back from Pakistan and died in a train not knowing he had Covid.

How do you know that he did not know?

Why do you guess he didn’t wear a mask?

I don't see any number on the Facebook site that FolkG linked. 
The screen grab I posted is from Thailand's Department of Disease Control. I'd say they are the authority on this, not a Facebook site that has, "AaronBrad and 3 other members are admins."

On 3/30/2020 at 8:57 AM, spidermike007 said:

Good, good. Defiance can be a beautiful thing. Small mom and pop shops being open are no threat to anyone, as long as minor precautions are being taken. Why should the big guys be allowed to be open, and the little guys, who really need it, be deprived of a livelihood? I consider the economic shutdown to be 100 levels beyond inane. 

sums up thailand big bosses...

2 hours ago, Trujillo said:

The screen grab I posted is from Thailand's Department of Disease Control. I'd say they are the authority on this.

They certainly wouldn't mess around with the published numbers... Not a governmental department. Nooooo....

• Like 1

So where do you think Aaron and Brad get their figures? 

The only numbers published would be from the government, right? 

I mean if we are going to go whole hog on the conspiracy angle, that's a thing to consider. Assume everyone is infected and that all governments that you don't trust are cooking the books. Hard to know where to go from that....

On 3/30/2020 at 9:07 AM, stephenterry said:

The fact is that it hasn't been scientifically evidenced. In which case it's prudent to keep a 2 metre distance between people. 

There is the recent case of The Skagit Valley Chorale group in Virginia where two of the singers have died from the virus and 45 of the remaining 60 in attendance of a 2hr practice session have shown signs of COVID-19. Apparently each singer was greeted with hand sanitizer at the door, they were individually spaced out during rehearsal, each singer used their own sheet music, and they avoided shaking hands or hugging.

And yet, within a week, three-quarters of the choir would report feeling sick.

As the article went on to say.....“This virus looks different on everyone," "Some people had a fever, some people didn’t, some people had a cough, some people didn’t. Some people only had that loss of sense of smell and taste.”

“What we learned from this outbreak is that this in certain situation, this virus is much more transmissible than we thought possible,” said Dr. Howard Liebrand, Skagit County health officer.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, HaleySabai said:

There is the recent case of The Skagit Valley Chorale group in Virginia where two of the singers have died from the virus and 45 of the remaining 60 in attendance of a 2hr practice session have shown signs of COVID-19. Apparently each singer was greeted with hand sanitizer at the door, they were individually spaced out during rehearsal, each singer used their own sheet music, and they avoided shaking hands or hugging.

And yet, within a week, three-quarters of the choir would report feeling sick.

As the article went on to say.....“This virus looks different on everyone," "Some people had a fever, some people didn’t, some people had a cough, some people didn’t. Some people only had that loss of sense of smell and taste.”

“What we learned from this outbreak is that this in certain situation, this virus is much more transmissible than we thought possible,” said Dr. Howard Liebrand, Skagit County health officer.

With respect, keeping 60 people spaced out 2 metres apart for two hours is an unlikely scenario. It only needs one to infect a group. I would suspect the group picked it up from e.g. a contaminated sheet music stand surface.

Edited by stephenterry
add

A post using content from a Facebook page has been removed:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook  etc.) should always be shown.