How much longer do I have to endure this?

Susco

When in December last year was announced that the majority of shops would stop handing out plastic bags, there were plenty of comments on this forum that it would never happen.

When it did happen on the first day of the year, there were again plenty of posts that supermarkets would soon be without customers, because the Thais could not adjust to it.

Others were less harsh in their comments and claimed that plastic bags would again be handed out in 2 weeks time, or maybe a month at most.

We are now 3 months further, and I start running out of Big C shopping bags which I use as bin bags.

So I have just one question to all the knowledgeable members here.......................... How much longer before Big C will start supplying me with free bin bags again?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Don't know why you thought that. Thais pretty much stopped smoking inside public areas when the government banned it. I don't recall any movement against it.

I doubt plastic bags will come back as it is saving them money. Before plastic we used to get paper bags for free. Now they charge for paper bags in NZ.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Susco said:

We are now 3 months further, and I start running out of Big C shopping bags which I use as bin bags.

We buy them in a bag of around a 100 at Makro, they are cheap and I dispose of them after we have reused them at least twice, i.e. we empty the contents of the rubbish into a big black bin, less the plastic bag.

Everything that goes into the bin is separated before it goes into the bin, food scraps go into a separate container and into the garden for compost, recycled stuff goes into a recycle bin, and all plastic goes into a bin for plastic, I personally put all the plastic together and take the air out of the bag when full, then I put them in a bin at either a petrol service station, Tesco/Lotus or Makro.

We do not have a rubbish collection here in the village yet, the elders do not want to spend 160 baht a month for the garbage service, they would rather burn everything which is annoying, albeit there is nothing I can do except do what I know is best, the big black bin is usually full of paper of some kind, tissue paper, etc, etc and we put it in a hole in our land.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Maybe it is the COVID infection, maybe it;s because most now are forced to be with their wife all day, that there are so many sad members on this forum.

They don't even know in which forum the thread is to which they are replying with their ingrained negativity.

• Sad 1

I don't want nor expect free bags.  In the USA several states charge a fee like 10 cents for each plastic bag that are available right there at checkout.  I am fine with paying on the spot for convenience.  In the future I may start using a re-use type bag as it does make sense, athough sometimes they often get dirty, things leaked a bit and over time they get a bit off

2 hours ago, Susco said:

So I have just one question to all the knowledgeable members here.......................... How much longer before Big C will start supplying me with free bin bags again?

It won't be long now, all due to this virus.....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Oh it was a joke.  Yes, I didn't get that, maybe because it wasn't funny. 

Perfectly reasonable to ask our ace TVF Plastic Bag Ban Forecasters to update their predictions. They seem nowhere to be found, not surprisingly.

One of my suggestions was to use a packable backpack, and I gave a link to such at Aliexpress. That was greeted with a pic of old shopping bags. (No solution is too obvious or elementary to post. ????) However, I did get one for a few bucks, keep it in the bike, and it's come in handy.

3 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Help us here, are you a comedian or a clown?

A sense of humor unfortunately can not be grown, and many will never get it.

Being a cynic and insulting people on an anonymous forum is so much easier, and doesn't require any skills, and is what the Thaivisa forum seems to thrive on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Susco said:

A sense of humor unfortunately can not be grown, and many will never get it.

Being a cynic and insulting people on an anonymous forum is so much easier, and doesn't require any skills, and is what the Thaivisa forum seems to thrive on.

Well welcome aboard....Where have you been all my life.....????

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Susco said:

People who think they need to post in such a big font really show their level of intelligence

Maybe he's got appalling myopia, and they don't sell bottled milk where he lives.

It's too easy to jump to a negative opinion of people.
Try stretching yourself, and leaping to a positive opinion of them.
If nothing else, it's good exercise