Phuket lockdown starts in 3 hours.

jackdd

FYI Phuket has been the favourite destination for Chinese fleeing the country in January . A lot of people from Wuhan also in Phuket hopping from rent to rent waiting the end of the lockdown while enjoying the beach (had them as clients). Now after 2 months they find a few infected people??? Ridiculous. It's all <deleted>. By this time the whole population of Phuket should be infected. It's devastating that many people's lives and businesses are being ruined for literally nothing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

So what happens if a hotel closes or starts price gouging?  Really going to close off the island like the movie 'Escape from New York" or some of those other sci fi films that dealt more specifically with virus outbreaks?

Dont worry, Kurt Russel is on his way....

One good thing is there are no lunatic mini bus drivers, coach drivers and cement truck drivers on the roads, apart from the Virus Phuket is a very nice place now, its brought the relocation to another part of Thailand back in my thoughts once the Virus has fuffed off! 

• Like 1

Nobody to protest ?

Is the "governor" of Phuket in charge on the health policy of Thailand ?

How many cases in Phuket ?

How many deads from the virus in Phuket ?

What is the logic behind such a decision ?

The guy is a zealot.

He started to impose closing to 7/11 shops from 10 PM to 3 AM.

Then he closed the beaches (full time).

And now, full lockdown ! !!

He is clearly in the "competition" of "virtue signaling".

Edited by christophe75
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I dont think the construction sites got the memo

They can continue as long as they have supplies.

For Phuket residents not much will change, you just can not leave the island.

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

I dont think the construction sites got the memo

Including the Myanmar workers crammed into the back of trucks.

Close the beaches but let the large numbers of construction workers stand with full contact with each other.

This practice should be stopped immediately but, of course, the Burmese can't get home so would have to remain in Phuket with no income.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Including the Myanmar workers crammed into the back of trucks.

Close the beaches but let the large numbers of construction workers stand with full contact with each other.

This practice should be stopped immediately but, of course, the Burmese can't get home so would have to remain in Phuket with no income.

Last night I questioned why the market was still opened in Soi Nam Jai the answer was because of the poor workers with no money

Power play just like the US States Governors who shut down their borders and put there people in isolation, ie.. California, Ohio and well I dont want to continue, my Children are in 3 different states and can not get to each other if necessary.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Last night I questioned why the market was still opened in Soi Nam Jai the answer was because of the poor workers with no money

People have to buy food, and I would guess less risk in open air than in super cheap.

8 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

So what happens if a hotel closes or starts price gouging?  Really going to close off the island like the movie 'Escape from New York" or some of those other sci fi films that dealt more specifically with virus outbreaks?

You can get thrown out.  This is what happened with me in Goa, India. The police and the Australian consulate had to help me to find a place and get a taxi to it. I got rejected by 30+ hotels and numerous AirBnb hosts. Agoda would show a place is avaliable and charge my credit card, but when I turn up there they wouldn't even open the door to talk to me - just pointing to a notice "Closed".  Still have a few pending refunds. The few remaining taxis refused to take foreigners, and they took me only after police intervention.

Who came up with this rubbish that Phuket is the epicenter of covid19...!? If anything Bangkok has more cases and far bigger population and harder to control,  it's just a small island here ....

If they claim night life scene is the issue then Pattaya has 10 times more, have you seen report of detailed testing there and results like in Phuket...!? 

This covid19 is not transmitted on the beach, not much anyway, it likes crowded places, public transport, mrt,  bts,  packed immigration offices, or bus stations, large crowd sitting together,  ehem,  like boxing stadium...!!! ????

The authorities of Phuket just want to compete with federal government and show off, if they are serious tell us about number of 

extra ventilators they acquired or have extra medical equipment in preparation for the surge of pandemic, extra doctors and nurses... ! Zero info on that, just some extra beds, what good that does... 

People are running out of money, in Phuket without tourist they will have no income, can't wait for weeks for that broken down website to work for main government help...., it's going to be ugly, and watch for the crime rate to go up, they have to act now and help, specially food.....

????

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, stuandjulie said:

I reckon they have locked down Phuket to try and rid the Island of the virus and then they will keep the Island isolated but open the airport again, result? The return of the Chinese hoards. 

If it's anything like the island I live on then yes the island is on lockdown to non residents but residents can come and go ????

30 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

If it's anything like the island I live on then yes the island is on lockdown to non residents but residents can come and go ????

It is not like anything the island you live on.