Thailand's tourist haven Pattaya devastated as coronavirus hits travel

webfact

15 minutes ago, Dustdevil said:

I've driven in the Gulf Middle East in my past for a total of 19 years, and driven a good amount in Thailand although I've never lived there. In any case, there's no comparison. The UAE,  Saudi Arabia, Kuwait = Mad Max Fury Road. Comparatively speaking, Thailand = relaxing stroll in the park.

It is just a different sort of bad driving. KSA it is very impatient and aggressive, that isn't usually the case here. More just, well, unfathomable!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Certainly won't have anything to do with any police action.  Chonburi's silver medal position in road casualties looks safe thanks to the BIB (Bandits-in-Brown.)

The more traffic, the more accidents, that is logical. However, there is a thresh-hold where there is so much traffic, that when any accident occurs, it happens at such a slow speed, it does not result in a life-threatening condition. The majority of accident that kills people at times of high traffic (Songkran, New Year) are motorcycles, these are drunk youth stumbling onto their bikes going from one karaoke bar to the next on the backstreets of rural areas. Any accidents on the main highways for example between Korat and Bkk, where the average speed is 30 - 40 km/h, involves cars and results in fender benders and headaches.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dustdevil said:

I've driven in the Gulf Middle East in my past for a total of 19 years, and driven a good amount in Thailand although I've never lived there. In any case, there's no comparison. The UAE,  Saudi Arabia, Kuwait = Mad Max Fury Road. Comparatively speaking, Thailand = relaxing stroll in the park.

Often thought the same thing myself about Kuwait - The Gulf Rd on a Friday night makes Pattaya look like a country lane!!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, robert888d said:

Most Thai also send money to their poor older relatives, so they will be suffering too.

so long as they don't up'n go visit them, to apologise for the no money, face to face