Phuket locks down, brings all transport to standstill until April 30

webfact

15 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Garbage.  Most people who become infected do not die!

https://www.epicentro.iss.it/coronavirus/bollettino/Report-COVID-2019_20_marzo_eng.pdf

Professor Walter Ricciardi, scientific adviser to Italy’s minister of health said:

The way in which we code deaths in our country is very generous in the sense that all the people who die in hospitals with the coronavirus are deemed to be dying of the coronavirus […] On re-evaluation by the National Institute of Health, only 12 per cent of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus, while 88 per cent of patients who have died have at least one pre-morbidity – many had two or three,”

Same thing said in Canada.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bearpolar said:

https://www.epicentro.iss.it/coronavirus/bollettino/Report-COVID-2019_20_marzo_eng.pdf

Professor Walter Ricciardi, scientific adviser to Italy’s minister of health said:

The way in which we code deaths in our country is very generous in the sense that all the people who die in hospitals with the coronavirus are deemed to be dying of the coronavirus […] On re-evaluation by the National Institute of Health, only 12 per cent of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus, while 88 per cent of patients who have died have at least one pre-morbidity – many had two or three,”

Same thing said in Canada.

As I said, and as is actually the case, most of those infected do not die, regardless of one selectively chosen and substantially inconclusive Italian doctor's opinion.  Your comment remains baseless and inaccurate.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

As I said, and as is actually the case, most of those infected do not die, regardless of one selectively chosen and substantially inconclusive Italian doctor's opinion.  Your comment remains baseless and inaccurate.

People like you are why everyone is panicking and not understanding anything.

The Italian report AND the quote clearly specifies that regular people that are infected do not die and yet you come back and deny everything said in there while saying its true right after.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, bearpolar said:
1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

The Italian report AND the quote clearly specifies that regular people that are infected do not die and yet you come back and deny everything said in there while saying its true right after.

Why don't you read what I posted originally?  I responded to kimamey who categorically stated..."Covid 19 Is highly infectious so whilst most who are infected die...".

That is incorrect and I said it was incorrect.  How exactly is that my correcting a false claim by kimamey causing panic?

23 minutes ago, bearpolar said:

And again you're jumping to the gun without reading or understanding the full discussion.

• Like 1