Banks set to reopen on Monday

webfact

Banks set to reopen on Monday

By The Nation

800_d3b2fcda4df86d0.jpg?v=1585487751

Banks will reopen on Monday March 30) after closing during the weekend in an attempt to slow the spread of Covid-19, a statement issued by the Bank of Thailand, Thai Bankers’ Association and a club of the state-owned banks said.

However, two services -- opening of new bank accounts and opening of Promptpay accounts -- will not be available.

Customers are advised to get those services via ATM or online banking. State-owned banks will not service for registration for the government cash handout scheme as people could only register at the website www.เราไม่ทิ้งกั http://xn--q3c.com/ 

As as of 6pm on Sunday, 17.2 million people had registered for cash handouts, nearly six times higher than the estimated three million. Each person will get Bt5,000 a month for three months if found eligible. Self-employed people such as taxi drivers, vendors, tour guides and other odd jobs are eligible for direct cash payment from the government.

Meanwhile, Sommai Siriudomset spokesperson of the Revenue Department assured that no back tax probes will be launched against those who register for cash handouts.

The rumour of back tax checking is groundless as the department understands the predicament of the people affected by the coronavirus outbreak, she added.

Individuals are allowed to delay annual tax payment until the end of August. They could also get tax reduction on health premiums up to Bt25,000 from Bt15,000. The department is also waiving tax for medical personnel on their income generated from dealing with Covid-19.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30385034

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-30

I lost my debit card yesterday. Was spitting feathers at myself!

A few weeks ago, I left my phone which had my debit card (and phone number/condo pass in it) in it in a taxi.... and the driver didn't bother to return it.

Last night I went out to get some cash and might have left the card in the machine. Nobody bothered to give it to the girls in 7/11

I'm having a rotten few weeks and the dishonesty of thai people really bums me out ... but I went to the bank this morning and got a new card. Was expecting them to be filled to the brim but just 3-4 customers and till girls wearing masks and gloves.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, ThePugAndMe said:

A few weeks ago, I left my phone which had my debit card (and phone number/condo pass in it) in it in a taxi.... and the driver didn't bother to return it.

Last night I went out to get some cash and might have left the card in the machine. Nobody bothered to give it to the girls in 7/11

I'm having a rotten few weeks and the dishonesty of thai people really bums me out ... but I went to the bank this morning and got a new card. Was expecting them to be filled to the brim but just 3-4 customers and till girls wearing masks and gloves.

Be more careful! Seriously - you are getting forgetful. assuming not <deleted>, so take much more care.

However, when you loose something, you can only really guess where it was lost. And you certainly don't know who, if anyone found it. Might be Thai, or another nationality or still rattling around somewhere. 

But don't blame others. Recognize you're loosing things and be more careful.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, ThePugAndMe said:

I'm having a rotten few weeks and the dishonesty of thai people really bums me out

I have lost ATM cards, credit cards in various European, UK, and American banks and nobody bothered to return to me. So I conclude dishonesty and hypocrisy of farangs are amazing. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ThePugAndMe said:

I'm having a rotten few weeks and the dishonesty of thai people really bums me out

You'd be amazed at the number of people on TV who should know better but who think that Thais are all honest as the day is long and are prepared to abuse others who say differently.

Personally I believe and agree with you but I know there are many of the other kind. Believe it or not. As people. we are often prepared to overlook the dishonesties of people with whom we believe we share a bond. Acknowledging them is a betrayal of the other folk and ourselves. Go figure...

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mulambana said:

I have lost ATM cards, credit cards in various European, UK, and American banks and nobody bothered to return to me. So I conclude dishonesty and hypocrisy of farangs are amazing. 

It's not right to attribute honesty or dishonesty to race. It's a matter of culture, and the Thai culture is dishonest in many and varied ways. The entertaining thing is that for them, it's always the other Thai who's dishonest. lol

So YOU muck up, but it's somebody else's fault? How old are you? 10? 

We all makes mistakes, forget things, but to blame others for our own mistakes just isn't right. 

12 hours ago, Venom said:

Grab some popcorn, sit back and enjoy the cluster f$$k. 

Join Netfix , give TV forum ,  a rest .

Farlangs best friend , is a Kindle, virus free ..

Edited by elliss

The machine will eat your card after 3o seconds or something. Bizarre to blame people for not handing it in unless there was someone right behind you. 

1 hour ago, djayz said:

So YOU muck up, but it's somebody else's fault? How old are you? 10? 

We all makes mistakes, forget things, but to blame others for our own mistakes just isn't right. 

Well, to be fair, he wasn't blaming the taxi driver for the fact he left his belongings in the taxi. He blamed the taxi driver for stealing them afterwards. Stealing by finding is a crime.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mulambana said:

in london i lost my wallet containing money, cards and an annual travel card worth over a grand that anyone could have used, it was handed into the police and returned to me within 24 hours.

i lost my money belt and passport in tel aviv airport, i immediately returned to where i had been sitting and a guy was smiling as i approached and handed it back to me.

when i find wallets, etc. i always hand them in.

44 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

Well, to be fair, he wasn't blaming the taxi driver for the fact he left his belongings in the taxi. He blamed the taxi driver for stealing them afterwards. Stealing by finding is a crime.

How do we know the taxi driver found his belongings? Maybe, the next passanger found it and slipped it into his/her pocket? Just a speculation...

13 hours ago, ThePugAndMe said:

If it is a Thai bank debit card and you leave it in an ATM, you can't get it back. The machine will swallow it after a short time, and you'll need to pay for a replacement at your home branch. This is general bank policy for all Thai banks. I've managed to do this twice over the years. The only exception is if the ATM is at your home branch, in which case you can get it back.

On 3/30/2020 at 11:44 PM, samsensam said:

in london i lost my wallet containing money, cards and an annual travel card worth over a grand that anyone could have used, it was handed into the police and returned to me within 24 hours.

i lost my money belt and passport in tel aviv airport, i immediately returned to where i had been sitting and a guy was smiling as i approached and handed it back to me.

when i find wallets, etc. i always hand them in.

A friend of mine lives in Dagenham. She left her bag on a bus. In it was her mobile, her money all her bank details and her passport. She was distraut. Cried all night.

Next morning there was a knock on her door. A couple of young lads stood on the doorstep. "Can I help you?" "Anything else you don't want Misses?!" She burst into tears. From behind his back, one of the boys brought out the bag, and handed it to her. She looked shocked, but took the bag and looked inside. Everything was there. "That's so good of you boys. How can I ever repay you?" "It's OK Misses. Sorry we had to look through your stuff to find out where you lived." "Here, take this money lads." Handing over two 20 pound notes. "It's OK Misses. We don't want nothing." And with that they left on their cycles.

When they got 'round the corner they stopped and started laughing. "I'm glad we never told her." "Should we go back and break the news?" "No way. let's get read,,,,,,

How'd I get on this thread? Thought it was 'worst ever joke'?

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

A friend of mine lives in Dagenham. She left her bag on a bus. In it was her mobile, her money all her bank details and her passport. She was distraut. Cried all night.

Next morning there was a knock on her door. A couple of young lads stood on the doorstep. "Can I help you?" "Anything else you don't want Misses?!" She burst into tears. From behind his back, one of the boys brought out the bag, and handed it to her. She looked shocked, but took the bag and looked inside. Everything was there. "That's so good of you boys. How can I ever repay you?" "It's OK Misses. Sorry we had to look through your stuff to find out where you lived." "Here, take this money lads." Handing over two 20 pound notes. "It's OK Misses. We don't want nothing." And with that they left on their cycles.

When they got 'round the corner they stopped and started laughing. "I'm glad we never told her." "Should we go back and break the news?" "No way. let's get read,,,,,,

How'd I get on this thread? Thought it was 'worst ever joke'?

What...they gave her Corona? 

• Like 1