Phuket bridges and ports closed

webfact

Phuket bridges and ports closed

By The Phuket News

1585490787_1-org.jpg

Only rescue vehicles and trucks delivering essential supplies will be allowed onto the island while the bridges onto and off Phuket are closed. Photo: Wanlop Boonjan

PHUKET: All bridges onto and off the island will be closed to all traffic except emergency service vehicles and trucks delivering goods, and all ports and piers will be closed to general traffic, at midnight tonight (00:01am, Mar 30).

The move comes in the latest order by Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.

The order, dated today (Mar 29), was issued publicly at 7:08pm

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-bridges-and-ports-closed-75494.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-03-29

Fortress Phuket. The island closes off Sarasin Bridge and boating traffic, except supplies

By The Thaiger

1-1.jpg

Phuketians, you are marooned on a tropical island. Well, almost…

Today the Phuket Governor has rolled out another level of lockdowns for the southern island. The new rules come into force tonight at midnight (00.01am March 30) and will run until the end of April, or until announced otherwise. There are a few exceptions as noted in the official declaration (below)

.They includes…

• Sarasin Bridge, the bridge linking Phuket to Phang Nga province and the mainland, will be closed.

• No boat traffic in or out of Phuket, except cargo.

• Access for the supply of foodstuffs, medical and vital supplies will continue.

• The airport remains open for domestic and international flights.

• These changes are in force until April 30.

These changes are additional to the proclamations put out last week, which included the request to stay at home and remain in your accommodation or homes from 8pm – 3am every night. All Phuket beaches were also closed today around the island.

91189515_988977091503877_811792498761400

91332461_653640118802840_396353913951250

Source: https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/cv19-asia/cv19-thailand/cv19-phuket/fortress-phuket-the-island-closes-off-sarasin-bridge-and-boating-traffic-except-supplies

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2020-03-30

5 minutes ago, jvs said:

So it looks like any food and or drinking water will have to be delivered by boat

or airplane?

Airport still open?

"except emergency service vehicles and trucks delivering goods"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shot said:

"except emergency service vehicles and trucks delivering goods"

Sorry i did not see that,i read the full story and it was worded a bit differently.

time to go get some sleep i guess.

• Like 1

With Phang Nga also closed, and soon all provinces, the cost of transportation of commodities will skyrocket. Long queus to go through the slow check points. Each passengers tempersture is taken, so if you drive from Bangkok to Phuket, you have to go through 7 provincial mrdical check points. 

21 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Because Phuket is more easy..

I disagree.

It's a very good question ("why not BKK ?") because it highlights the absurdity, the inanity of such "private/partial lockdown"...

How many cases in Phuket ? How many deads in Phuket ? Is Phuket the thai... Wuhan ? Of course not.

And no need to say "that's the point, in order to prevent the virus to come to the island, the lockdown is justified".

Because we all know that the virus is already in Phuket.

So why should we close Phuket. But not BKK, where we have a large number of cases ?

Who is this governor ? Why does he take such radical decision, without proper coordination with Bangkok ? With central gvt ?

Why the days before he already showed strange decisions (to close 7/11 shops from 10 PM to 3 AM) ?

Sorry, but this is wrong. On every front : health, economy, politics, social, etc.

And it's an absolute PR disaster... Because actually everybody will ask "Why Phuket and not Bangkok ? What's going on in Thailand ?"

Edited by christophe75
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, jvs said:

Sorry i did not see that,i read the full story and it was worded a bit differently.

time to go get some sleep i guess.

You were right. The way it is worded doesn't include food and drink. I would guess this is an error.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, graemeaylward said:

Phuket may be in lock down, but, meanwhile in Khon Kaen things continue as normal! Photo taken this morning ????

IMG_20200330_070317.jpg

Could have taken the same photo on Phuket this morning.

Lockdown doesn't mean there will not be any local transport.

16 minutes ago, stevenl said:
34 minutes ago, graemeaylward said:

Phuket may be in lock down, but, meanwhile in Khon Kaen things continue as normal! Photo taken this morning ????

IMG_20200330_070317.jpg

Could have taken the same photo on Phuket this morning.

Lockdown doesn't mean there will not be any local transport.

And how about social distancing with that local transport?

Doesn't make any sense to enforce one rule when you ignore the most important one.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Susco said:

And how about social distancing with that local transport?

Doesn't make any sense to enforce one rule when you ignore the most important one.

This thread is about the lockdown, so I presumed you were responding to that. Sorry about that silly mistake.

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

This thread is about the lockdown, so I presumed you were responding to that. Sorry about that silly mistake.

Ever heard about a pedant? Look in the mirror if you want to see one

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, 30la said:

And ... the madness continues ... what will be the next move? ....

You think its madness to try an contain, control, or eradicate the spread of the virus by any means possible? People need to wake up and smell the roses, the world as we knew it has gone, welcome to the new one and its not going to be pretty in the future.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 30la said:

And ... the madness continues ... what will be the next move? ....

bring "spitting image" to Thailand 

Nothing like a bit of comical satire to give someone a message they will understand 

2 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

IMG_20200330_070317.jpg

Down at my local temple today 7 monks piled in the back of a pick up....no doubt  Buddha  will save them  all

3 hours ago, owenm said:

A full island lock down, but Phuket airport is still open for domestic and international flights?? TIT.. 

It is still open.

The announced plan is to close it from April 10.

• Like 1