Trump says U.S. will not pay for security protection for Prince Harry

webfact

32 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

He never did have diplomatic immunity!

My error. Just did a bit more research, claims Harry does not have a diplomatic passport, nor do royals. 

Edited by simple1

17 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

He may have withdrawn from official royal duties but he has not "officially quit the royal family", he's still an heir to the throne.

He's in the line but isn't an heir. AFAIA the line (in order) is:

Charles, William, George,Charlotte, Louis, Harry...

HTH

(The first 3 are heirs)

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:
15 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

He doesn't, neither do any of the other royals but the Queen does have sovereign immunity.

Royals on duty do & as a rule of thumb I would think it came with being an HRH.

They don't, they use normal passports and no royals, except for the Queen, get 'diplomatic' immunity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

They don't, they use normal passports and no royals, except for the Queen, get 'diplomatic' immunity.

You won't see 'em in handcuffs (but i'm not particularly interested in 'splitting heirs'!????

43 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

They never asked for it. Why did they make it seem they had? Not my favourites, but what an a$$hat. Why is this even news? 

Huh? Why do you think 'they made it seem they had'?

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

IMHO there were a series of family conferences both with and without Harry being there, and the net result was something like "If you really want to leave, then please do so, but remember if you go, what you will miss".

I don't think they were that keen to see him go Bill, Harry's life could be worth a Kings ransom so to speak.

The royal family let him have the freedom so they should pick up the tab, with personal wealth well over half a billion not a problem. Shouldn't come from any public purse.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I don't think they were that keen to see him go Bill, Harry's life could be worth a Kings ransom so to speak.

The royal family let him have the freedom so they should pick up the tab, with personal wealth well over half a billion not a problem. Shouldn't come from any public purse.

He/They should have waited until Charlie ascended IMO. Doing what they did to HM was frankly acceptable.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Sensible decision. First one in 3.5 years!

Why start now? Surely, as most anti-Trumpers do, you can find a negative spin on this. Come on, try harder - you can do it!

16 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

So they settled in Los Angeles.  What visa status did they get? 

I'm pretty she retained US citizenship.   She shouldn't need any visa to live in LA.

IAs her husband, Harry can apply for either the K-3, IR1, or CR1.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sujo said:

Well its very easy. Trump denies giving something that wasnt asked for.

Nothing wrong with that. 

Sometimes when I'm eating at the Night Market I see the beggars coming round asking everyone for change. I often give them a knowing shake of the head before they have a chance to stick their hand out. 

Same thing ????.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Nothing wrong with that. 

Sometimes when I'm eating at the Night Market I see the beggars coming round asking everyone for change. I often give them a knowing shake of the head before they have a chance to stick their hand out. 

Same thing ????.

Not same thing, now the impression is given, see amongst others this thread, that they asked the US to pay for their security. And so far that has been proven incorrect.

• Like 2