Trump says U.S. will not pay for security protection for Prince Harry

webfact

11 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Well, they didn't publicly ask. Maybe Harry had a quiet word like he did with the Disney boss when he was embarrassingly caught begging for work for Markle. In any case, the UK paid. Canada paid. I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't turn it down if offered. 

Unfortunately for Markle, Mr Trump has a long memory and Markle's comments about not returning to the US while he was President were not only untrue, but have bitten her in the azz. Maybe she'll learn to keep her silly Woke comments to herself in future, especially considering that in the current climate many businesses are going to have other priorities than throwing millions at her for dishing the dirt on the British Royal Family. Not the best time to be starting out on a new business venture, that 8 million for security is probably looking a lot harder to cover than it was in January. 

Just stick to facts in stead of speculation and prejudice.

And the facts are that they did not ask.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Just stick to facts in stead of speculation and prejudice.

And the facts are that they did not ask.

Neither of us know the facts about what was or wasn't requested behind the scenes.

The only fact that we know is that Mr Trump will not agree to the US paying for it. An excellent decision.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, samran said:

Hey...but lets take a highly speculative stab anyway...

Gossip girl, eat your heart out!

Speculation on an internet forum? Whatever next...

PS I don't really appreciate being stalked by lonely old men. Can't you go find a Brexit thread or something?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Speculation on an internet forum? Whatever next...

PS I don't really appreciate being stalked by lonely old men. Can't you go find a Brexit thread or something?

Lonely and old - hardly. Homeschooling my primary and secondary kids here in Bangkok with all this shut down business. Trying to work as well.  Pretty busy doing that so hardly enough time for....

Stalking - 5555 dont have too many big tickets on yourself will you? Yours was just the latest of the comments to chose from.  Sorry you feel bad me pointing out your hypocrisy. 

As for brexit threads - sorry to disappoint fella, I post where I want.

Get a kick out of ordering people about do you? Blokes like you all gravitate the the threads where you love telling people - especially women and minorities -  what to do. Says a lot. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Basil B said:

In the meantime his Brother and Sister-in-law made a moral boosting visit to a NHS call centre where William said he would like to return to working with the Air Ambulance during the crisis.

Good on them - genuinely.

If Harry and Megan did it, you know the usual suspects would call it woke virtue signalling before descending into a bitchy rant fit for the pages of British tabloid. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

In the meantime his Brother and Sister-in-law made a moral boosting visit to a NHS call centre where William said he would like to return to working with the Air Ambulance during the crisis.

An old school friend of mine was a member of the crew on William's air ambulance when it was based in Wales. He said that he and Katherine were genuinely nice, decent people who were surprisingly down to earth. I have a feeling that Harry would behave in a very similar fashion.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, gk10002000 said:
On 3/30/2020 at 2:35 PM, Just Weird said:

They have not "withdrawn from any Royal connection" and your view of their status doesn't affect their status.  They do not have diplomatic passports.

Another poster did assert that Harry had a diplomatic passport. 

That poster's information was incorrect, the royal family use ordinary passports.

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Neither of us know the facts about what was or wasn't requested behind the scenes.

The only fact that we know is that Mr Trump will not agree to the US paying for it. An excellent decision.

Trump has a gift for not making decisions about real issues. Such as in the early day days of the Covid-19. Now it seems he also has a gift for making decisions about unreal issues. A genuine Renaissance man!

On 3/30/2020 at 9:24 PM, Gracas said:

Harry, the red-headed step child that nobody wants.

Megan now realizes she did not get the catch of the day that she was after.

12 hours ago, AnnaBanana said:

Isn't that usually the case when gold diggers marry?

Spot on.

This obnoxious couple will be creating "news" until they split - and probably way beyond that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Because Megan Markle wasn't already independently wealthy and successful when she met Harry? Misogynist much?

or tall poppy syndrome perhaps.

Mind you the media loves them into boredom/dislike  for most of us.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Sick of it,the woman is trailer trash,hes an idiot for following on..he will get bumped off sooner than later

Pretty stylish "trailer trash", and reasonably educated as well

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, samran said:

Obnoxious is the new PC term for ‘uppity’. 

43 minutes ago, samran said:

Obnoxious is the new PC term for ‘uppity’. 

Please read your quote below your post

Save you looking for it:  I might be a rock star, but I'll never be a critic

3 hours ago, izod10 said:

Sick of it,the woman is trailer trash,hes an idiot for following on..he will get bumped off sooner than later

She grew up with an at least reasonably well-off family in Hollywood. Attended private schools and then got her degree at a very competitive American university. What part of that signifies trailer trash to you? And even if she did grow up poor and in a trailer, what kind of person would critique someone based on how she grew up in circumstances that would be outside of her control? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meghan,_Duchess_of_Sussex

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Please read your quote below your post

Save you looking for it:  I might be a rock star, but I'll never be a critic

I know - I put it there. Now google the title of the song from which these are the first lines. 

‘Atta boy...

28 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

She grew up with an at least reasonably well-off family in Hollywood. Attended private schools and then got her degree at a very competitive American university. What part of that signifies trailer trash to you? And even if she did grow up poor and in a trailer, what kind of person would critique someone based on how she grew up in circumstances that would be outside of her control? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meghan,_Duchess_of_Sussex

For these blokes it’s bad enough that she is a woman with a voice and not a meek little wall flower who ‘knows her place’.